October 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, if youre waiting on postage they reckon its all going to get worse now. Wait times are going to really go balls up
Not sure about @rhodes96 but mine got shipped via DHL express, it took 7 days from when it was shipped to arrive at my doorstep. For reference my Blackbird via USPS took a little over a month and cost me $10usd more than DHL.
Don’t think I’ll ever use USPS again.

Good luck, if youre waiting on postage they reckon its all going to get worse now. Wait times are going to really go balls up

The razor was sent via Fed ex arrived on time ready to pick up from the local agent as I requested for security. I am in a hospital ( although a nice one:coffee:) not far away.

Rearden Razors Stainless Steel Badger Brush

OQ2CeKB.jpg
iqbuMsO.jpg

The razor was sent via Fed ex arrived on time ready to pick up from the local agent as I requested for security. I am in a hospital ( although a nice one:coffee:) not far away.
What’s wrong Muppet??? why are you still in hospital?? hope you didn’t catch COVID inside the hospital, otherwise, you’ll won’t be able to get out until you’re COVID FREE!!!

What’s wrong Muppet??? why are you still in hospital?? hope you didn’t catch COVID inside the hospital, otherwise, you’ll won’t be able to get out until you’re COVID FREE!!!

No Covid, but cannot leave even to go outside as this will require another bloody covid test that has to be done from an outside source. Need to wait min 24hours for results, then I cannot return to hospital. I have been in and out of hospital for the last 18 months. As frustrated as I am, for ongoing legal reasons, I cannot discuss why I am currently and why I originally went to hospital.

No Covid, but cannot leave even to go outside as this will require another bloody covid test that has to be done from an outside source. Need to wait min 24hours for results, then I cannot return to hospital. I have been in and out of hospital for the last 18 months. As frustrated as I am, for ongoing legal reasons, I cannot discuss why I am currently and why I originally went to hospital.
Sounds like trouble for ongoing legal reasons??

Some more P&C generosity this time some serious SE enabling by @Gargravarr sending extra blades to try out with the Hawk which has a nice feel with the Giesen Forsthoff SS Handle

ejm9OBU.jpg
That handle looks sweet with your Hawk. Much nicer than my RR Halo. Today I had my best shave ever with the Hawk, I think the stars must have aligned with getting a particularly fine lather from the NO2K (just as it's almost finished :rolleyes:). I reckon the OC should give you more flexibility with blades than the SB. The OC wasn't comfortable on my dome, but the standard SB is a bit too mild for anything other than the Super for my usage.

Edit: the No-Names might surprise you (in a good way)...

Edit: the No-Names might surprise you (in a good way)...
Looking forward to them, I have been following your reveiws and trying to keep track of what's what with SE Professional, Professional Super, Pinks P-30 and no names were the easiest to identify.
Now I have a SE blade card to assist with identification (y):giggle:

Looking forward to them, I have been following your reveiws and trying to keep track of what's what with SE Professional, Professional Super, Pinks P-30 and no names were the easiest to identify.
Now I have a SE blade card to assist with identification (y):giggle:
Sometimes when I lose track of what I'm using, it's handy to look at the different ways in which the manufacturers "notch" the blades for their injector thingies. (I much prefer the Chinese No-Name approach there, those injectors aren't recyclable.)

It took me ages to find my perfect sweet spot with the various blades. For the record, to save anyone having to search, I eventually settled on the Proline for the Vector and the Super for the Hawk V3 SB as my preference. But the Vector works flawlessly with any blade, so as usual, YMMV.

Red and brown Mallee burls, red eucalypt burl cylinder (old stock newly turned towards handle starting dimensions), gold foil flakes, 8 litres MOAR resin, old spice cup in really nice condition (no soap though)
zXMrZIn.jpg

And a storage solution (yet another bloody toolbox) to put brush-making pigments and colours etc in.
WOW, this stuff accumulates quickly!
QqjhCAi.jpg

On a roll! Sky-scraper number three.:eek: This whole thing is dedicated only to turning tools.
At some point, it will become clear why I chose the handle name on this forum.
My whole garage is fast becoming, just a toolbox. Won't be room to work soon.:facepalm:
KbeDkoj.jpg

Red and brown Mallee burls, red eucalypt burl cylinder (old stock newly turned towards handle starting dimensions), gold foil flakes, 8 litres MOAR resin, old spice cup in really nice condition (no soap though)
zXMrZIn.jpg

And a storage solution (yet another bloody toolbox) to put brush-making pigments and colours etc in.
WOW, this stuff accumulates quickly!
QqjhCAi.jpg

On a roll! Sky-scraper number three.:eek: This whole thing is dedicated only to turning tools.
At some point, it will become clear why I chose the handle name on this forum.
My whole garage is fast becoming, just a toolbox. Won't be room to work soon.:facepalm:
KbeDkoj.jpg

Lights, Camera, Action, and good internet.

Where's the YouTube channel so we can start subscribing?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.