Review P&B Spitfire

My apologies, just popped by their site, seems like the next release is on the 25th of July 2016, not 18th July.
Gotta get some more yes. Couple of soaps have the O-Ring forming already.

My apologies, just popped by their site, seems like the next release is on the 25th of July 2016, not 18th July.
Gotta get some more yes. Couple of soaps have the O-Ring forming already.

Hmmm, I'm sure it said 18th July previously too!

Great reviews on this soap.

After reading @Mark1966, @silver and others i fell it will be making its way to my den at some time.

Hi everyone, thank you for the brilliant reviews and very kind words. Thank you also for taking the time to put your thoughts down and endorse our soap in the way that you have.

I'm very humbled (not to mention very happy) with the feedback. The availability of our next batches will be from the 25th July. It was the 18th (you're not going mad :) but we've since added an eighth stockist and can't keep up with demand.

Thanks again and happy shaving.

Kerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
@filobiblic was kind enough to bring up a sample of this for me to try. I used to own a house which was built on top of an old spitfire airstrip in Kent, so the name, and RAF roundel had me very interested.
First sniff out of the packet I got (almost imperial) leather with just a faint tobacco smell. Upon mashing the sample into a lid top and lathering the juniper came out, and with it a slightly smoky tobacco scent reminiscent to this ex-smokers nose of a slightly dirty ashtray (but not in a bad way). Not entirely certain if I like it or not, but I will certainly try it again to get 2nd, if not 3rd thoughts.
I'd hoped to see how it smelled post shave, but had already applied B&M Arctique A/S (which I seriously like) which meant he only scents I was getting for the rest of the night were minty menthol - not normally a bad thing for me.
I haven't tried as many soaps as many of you, but that has to be one of if not the best soap lathers I have ever had. It really was superb stuff. That good I would forgo menthol if I can find a scent that works on all counts for me.
Will definitely try it again next shave.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Here goes nothing.
For this particular review, this is my personal opinion and I'll state the reasons why I like it. I'll break it down to a few key areas I'd like to give my 2 cents on them.

Packaging

Nothing too unusual here, clear bottom plastic tubs with a very nice label place on the top of the tub. Very clean and eye catching label with brief description of the dominant scents. Tub's not too deep, but sufficient space for me to create some fantastic lather in it.

Scent

Scent is really amazing, as @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau stated, it's not heavily scent but it does linger a while after the shave. Upon opening up the tub, scent is is predominantly leather and juniper, and the faint green hint of tobacco. For someone like myself, I am not great at describing scents, but the general category I'd use to describe it would be these words - green, tobacco, bright woody

Latherability
Definitely a thirsty soap, which in my books also translates to "It's definitely able to hold a lot of water". Lather created was nothing short of amazing. High gloss slick lather achieved easily. I've tried badger, horse and boar; even a klutz like myself could produce great results every time. I like drippy lather, this soap could do it without an issue.

Shave Performance
Here is where it shines IMO. Slick & fat protective lather gave me high confidence of not nicking myself. Usually my Slant tends to bite a little, but that issue isn't present with this soap. I'd consider myself a slow shaver, so by the time I get to the chin area, some soaps sometimes get a little dry, but not this one. Lather remains stable throughout the whole shave, providing the razor with plenty of glide and protection against my skin. Washes off the razor easily as well.

Post shave feel

I do like how this soap leaves my skin feeling supple and calm. No redness whatsoever and the scent does linger on a little longer. It's 4 hours past my shave when I am finishing this post, and yet I still can get a whiff of the juniper/leather scent.

Conclusion, definitely a keeper and will probably try the other scents too. I've been given a sample of the Sankrit, very unique scent. I reckon I'd get one of that the next time I am making an order. YMMV but I sure do love this soap.

Sounds interesting, plus since I'm a push over for a good looking package I may give it a whirl.

Evening everyone, I hope you're all enjoying a great weekend. For those of you interested in buying your own Spitfire we shall be making more available at 1200hrs (GMT) this coming Monday (1st August). We had intended to have a batch available sooner but that quota was swallowed up by one of our stockists. Thanks for your patience and support, folks (y).

Yours gratefully,

Kerry.

Worked out why the scent isn't for me when I walked past the burning embers of a bushfire earlier in the week. That smokiness smelled so similar!

How's the spitfire treating you @chingy17 (y)

I'll have to admit. The scent off the puck wasn't what I expected. Really smelt like engine oil and leather - kind of like a bikies leather jacket (or what I imagine that to smell like).

Once you lather it the smells really does mellow down and becomes more leathery and maybe a hint of juniper (my nose isn't the best).

The soap it self is really really good. Lathers really well and without hassle. Has a lighter, softer lather than my experience with B&M - maybe a hint more glide too. Definitely enjoyed the post shave, my skin felt amazingly soft; like I had wound back the clock 10 years (before I even had facial hair!!).

Really enjoyed the product and I look forward to the future scents!! Well done :) :)

Thanks for the kind words @chingy17 and very glad you enjoyed it as much as you've described (y)

Our next scent to try will be our September 30th seasonal, 'Star Noir' (built around a profile of Jasmine absolute, amber, musk, sandalwood, ylang ylang and clary sage). We'll be running a pre-order between 1200hrs (GMT) 29/08 - 2359hrs 02/09. Here's the label:
SN3_zpskaogurax.png

Best regards,

Kerry.

Thanks for the kind words @chingy17 and very glad you enjoyed it as much as you've described (y)

Our next scent to try will be our September 30th seasonal, 'Star Noir' (built around a profile of Jasmine absolute, amber, musk, sandalwood, ylang ylang and clary sage). We'll be running a pre-order between 1200hrs (GMT) 29/08 - 2359hrs 02/09. Here's the label:
SN3_zpskaogurax.png

Best regards,

Kerry.

Mmmmmm!!! Sounds and looks great!!!

Will your solid colognes be coming out at the same time? (And in what scents? Star Noir? Core range?)
We want to consolidate shipping as it gets expensive for us Aussies... [emoji16] Thanks Kerry!