Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

So what is happening with the Box @eggbert?

We seem to have gotten off-topic :)

So what is happening with the Box @eggbert?
It was supposed to be on its merry way today, but while I had the po box address I didn't have the name of the addressee and want she how auspost felt about that.
I was provided with a couple of witty suggestions as to who I should address the box to but was worried I might have been moderated out of existence if I had used them.

TP&CTB2 is winging its way to the west at the speed of... well, Australia Post really. So don't expect it any time soon.

Tracking number for anybody sad enough to be interested: 602 01287632 096

I don't know how this works, but it was cheaper to put the Australia Post box that Mark had supplied inside a satchel than it was to send the box itself?

Did you even try the Pureman OC Prototype?

No I didn't. I have 3 razors, and if I am honest I would say that is 2 razors too many. I am happy enough with what I have got (EJ69, Fatboy and eclipse red ring), and feel that razors are not different enough from each other for me to warrant chasing more. I thought I would leave it for more discerning chins to discuss the pros and cons of the new tool.

I am missing it terribly. It's a great handle, just enough aggressiveness and an open comb but not as harsh as the R41.

Forgot to mention that I threw some extra goodies into the box. There are some different vintage Gillette blades, a small tub of TOBS sandalwood cream, tubes of Palmolive and Supermax menthol, and a whole puck of http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk sandalwood hard soap.

Well folks the box is on its way!

A reminder about the other rules -
  • You are allowed to take out 1 item to keep if you really love it, providing there are no reserved items (The Pureman OC and the Occams Original cream at this stage).
  • Keep the items shaving related and make sure your contribution is worthy – ask yourself, ‘If a stranger gave me this, would I use it?’ If yes, go ahead!
  • Don’t contribute to the box hoping your item will remain there for ever or to get rid of junk.

Mark
Can we take 1 item that we may like - in addition to the Occams freebies?

Also, one man's junk is another's treasure. I'm putting in some stuff I don't use/like, but I've seen others already wanting to try these, or might want to keep them themselves.

Adjudication please.

That's exactly how I read the rules. But, there is a request in the box that whole packs of razor blades are not taken and I think the tub of Occam's original was also put in there for all to try.

I didn't take anything out this time around and only added what I could find here easily. My wife has misplaced a while box of bathroom stuff in the house move so I don't know where half my shaving kit is.

As the Palmolive cream I added could be considered junk as it is cheap and can be found anywhere in Aus feel free to chuck it.

Tried the Occam's lime today.
Lathered up as well as the original but was lacking the menthol hit I crave with citrus creams.
I still don't know what pre shave soaps are supposed to do even after using one.

Mark
Can we take 1 item that we may like - in addition to the Occams freebies?

Also, one man's junk is another's treasure. I'm putting in some stuff I don't use/like, but I've seen others already wanting to try these, or might want to keep them themselves.

Adjudication please.

yes, absolutely!

The Pureman razor and Occams Original sample must stay and only take the other Occams samples for yourself but the rest can - and SHOULD - be taken out lest box 2 becomes box 20!

I see that the box is 'In Transit' so now we sit and wait for the next lot of reviews. I'm glad the box worked in a satchel - hope postage wasn't too much

Maybe suggesting what we are able to add into the box before hand and seeing if there is interest from other members will enable keeping postage costs minimized ?
Might even be able to use it to forward items to each other ?

If there is some interest I can add some aliquots of the Simpsons luxury cream - Peppermint and Rosemary (among other things).

There are 6 people listed after me. Will the box go around again once it ends the current tour?

Maybe suggesting what we are able to add into the box before hand and seeing if there is interest from other members will enable keeping postage costs minimized ?
Might even be able to use it to forward items to each other ?

Sounds like a good idea!

If there is some interest I can add some aliquots of the Simpsons luxury cream - Peppermint and Rosemary (among other things).

There are 6 people listed after me. Will the box go around again once it ends the current tour?

It was a fair gap between PCTB1 and PCTB2 but if there is interest it can go straight back out

Sounds like a good idea!

It was a fair gap between PCTB1 and PCTB2 but if there is interest it can go straight back out

An alternative is the Sydney people (beng close to last on the list) can simply empty the box of anything worthwhile (of course leaving a couple of blades and a sample of soap for the final couple of recipients) :)