Puck containers

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
So I have just received delivery of 5 pucks of soap from Stirling and Mystic Waters and have nowhere to put them. With hindsight I should have just paid the extra dollar or two to get them in tins, but I was trying to save money to consolidate packages - and that didn't work how I expected as I just received 6 separate packages from hopshopgo so I think I way overpaid on postage!

I've just discovered an old Ilford FP4 film case which will be used for one of them but need cheap (preferably) airtight containers for the rest.

Suggestions?

The $2 shops are your best bet - or the Asian Supermarkets. Not too sure if you have any of the latter up there Eggy but being bogantown I am almost sure you will have more than a few $2 shops.

I get some 3" screw-top plastic jars and press in the soft soap. It's pretty much what I did for the masses of P.160 I bought. Your pucks may be larger so you might need a wider diameter.

Or: re-use your TOBS/DRH/GFT cream bowls. Most of them should fit a puck.

I've just discovered an old Ilford FP4 film case which will be used for one of them but need cheap (preferably) airtight containers for the rest.

Suggestions?
Mate if you're talking an silver container that housed 30m/100ft bulk roll of FP4+ just be careful the film stayed in its black wrap. I'd imagine silver crystals are not the smartest thing to massage into your face. But, sure, let us know how you go.....

Otherwise, I found pastilles for like $5 at the shops that are housed in an appropriate tin. Use the tin and enjoy the emptying.

Last edited:
Hadn't thought of that - the container is ancient, and its original contents long since gone.

I thought there was a thread like this, but searched through this sub-forum and found nothing like it.

Puck con tainers indeed!

And nothing wrong with silver
tdy_snyderman_blue_080107300w.jpg

In all seriousness, trace amounts may be beneficial.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

Any 'The Reject Shop' outlets near you? They carry a perfect 250ml round polypropylene container - nearly all my soaps are in them and they're fantastic. $1.50 each, which is a real steal.

Any 'The Reject Shop' outlets near you? They carry a perfect 250ml round polypropylene container - nearly all my soaps are in them and they're fantastic. $1.50 each, which is a real steal.
Yep. Used these as well. They are a good size.

If you like even wider plastic tubs, IKEA has very wide and flat plastic tubs. Not as cheap as Mr Reject, but it's an excuse to shop at IKEA.

IKEA? My local is Adelaide!

Nah, driving is easier. 3 right hand turns and I'm on the road to Adelaide

Nah, driving is easier. 3 right hand turns and I'm on the road to Adelaide
A few clickety-clicks and a shut-eye and you're there. Bingo!

Love the IKEA stainless steel containers with magnet - perfect for soaps. Could send you, but will double the price :(

Reactions: MrT
You can get decent aluminum cosmetic containers from eBay, delivered from China. Cheap as. I think the 250ml is the go.

I'm working in a cash only economy at the moment. As wifebert has quit work to look after the little one, she is keeping an eagle eye on all outgoings.

Will check out the dollar shops and the oriental emporium when I am back on automotive transport. I looked in the single Korean store we have here, and no dice for the rice containers @filobiblic recommended in the other thread.

I ended up getting some cheap plastic containers at Kmart. $2 for 3. They seem to be doing the trick.

Looking for some myself...none of the asian supermarkets here have anything other than heavy porcelain bowls without lids (more for food than anything else).

I imagine the pucks are not going to be sized perfectly to whatever container you buy them so they will move around a lot. Do you guys press them down or something to make them fit?