Puck containers

I use the ikea stainless steel ones with clear lids.

If the soap is soft, you can smush it in. If it's hard, it eventually gets stuck to the bottom anyway.

The soaps I recently got were all soft enough to mush them in to the containers I got.

Looking for some myself...none of the asian supermarkets here have anything other than heavy porcelain bowls without lids (more for food than anything else).
I think someone has already said The Reject Shop has some great sizes ones for $1.50

Otherwise you'll have to keep searching. Woolies, Coles, Target, Big W...etc will all have plastic containers with lids. But they may be more exy.

I imagine the pucks are not going to be sized perfectly to whatever container you buy them so they will move around a lot. Do you guys press them down or something to make them fit?
Yep. Squash to fit.

If a super hard puck, you can scratch the bottom, then soak a little water. Then squash it into the base firmly.

Looking for some myself...none of the asian supermarkets here have anything other than heavy porcelain bowls without lids (more for food than anything else).

I imagine the pucks are not going to be sized perfectly to whatever container you buy them so they will move around a lot. Do you guys press them down or something to make them fit?

As hinted by others, use lather as a paste.

Or you can take to them with a grater and press the shavings into the container. Usually helps the harder to lather soaps as a bonus.

Or you can take to them with a grater and press the shavings into the container. Usually helps the harder to lather soaps as a bonus.
and apparently a good way to bastardise remnants of soaps into a superlathering frankensoap.

Reactions: MrT

I mash mine down into a wooden bowl; or whatever i use.