Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Spring has sprung!

Time for a fresh start - and maybe some new shaving kit?

Post it here for all to see - who will be the first I wonder ...

Despite @borked's idea that I am sitting by my mailbox awaiting a delivery from @Mark1966 I am doing no such thing. Mainly because I have no idea what I bought, just that it fulfilled my two main criteria - quantity and cheap.

Monday or Tuesday mate - sit there waiting expectantly! ;)

Couldn't resist and just placed an order for 1000 Polsilver Super Iridium blades.

Madness!!

I confine myself to 50 feathers at a time, although I did recently go a little crazy and order 100 but I am still questioning my sanity in this regard...

@todras, totally agree! - Madness! That's why I posted "when enough is enough". On the other hand I'm going to order Stirling soaps and total cost for 4 (or 5???) soaps with delivery will be on par with what I paid for 1000 blades which will last me for 10-14 years. I certainly do not want to buy more than I can use in my lifetime. But something for the next 10 years is ok.

@Mark1966, if there is solid interest in that among P&C then it's feasible. As well as other Russian blades like Voskhod, Ladas etc.

I will do first shave tomorrow. When I got it no soap residue so pretty darn clean. Of note the case is marked "Made in England" and came with 4-blade pack but no blades. I added approperiate Brit (1959) blades from my stash. So since it came from an estate sale I assume that this is original case. Anyway will see how it stacks up against my 55 Red Tip. Will use same Personna Red for first run.

W2imCwsXTb7qkirOTm0b2pT3wqhYqHmpbLVOsKkOBjYgEVz5ExGUQGIfXo3LNZUJht2PpSdI8w2owcJD9-rKEcxtBIs57Wkiz1uvgTorCoyVPYUL_1WjTK8Y9At_ePXuufxlzL8Q52RE0b4a2y1jCNQjZ9TuewcXZ3BFNdW0okf3X7XME0R0HFlZvbGAWHL5qjmLy3Mr6rLS33kqLxMV1mFForAVYkPZj5sC58t7r3YPA0yJnWKvbhUYHu5SnMzS_lecHiKEtfOQvAJXfZ-V1RKW33UFesbFFz_cYykCh3JReaQX-ZzkqIke9_G-hqCYJ8Kw4Ofq4bzrlyrBd9mFjj5YolOeJNIVreOPYJNrVleYhO_6mh7Rk76yWJmEnOSlbWpaiyf90TQIQc1UQh-NK7cJ_IOfaa0sRUtG0sEfS3QocT0kQJuzLrhppQNDAMIGPIYQq-mPYT3LNcBfHnFWiiat7tTxl4nFkXo-gPrfWPD7B-iLauQnufgSvQVItAVelMWqOksb9wCtJrj0vYBdSEYe6w2zNAate-I_KstO2IwLr1pRCZVkLRbDhTNzFzr1Jke026SVXrxxbnwJ7g4aBXOjdNhca4C_4hq72JWve5aUkxbx=w1254-h705-no

gd17p2JXNimGISr1ZlZGJJsBkX19IYEtlON5mmir8mOk8TxYYR7kN7dKdDWSOhlvUc3I6DtvOey6t2qnL0CutF-FgI0kkGtGgwFQhGW2cI32rT2wpWvarBtiI6XzYdsBFsDUZ8dgNRbmalPYvc2BV9WoUKve9w9rj5NQz-JHDNneBu_0curfCArebFctVjLLDiQGmBa39xG3A8HU7cWO5mKpj6Lucu_FeZ4uAcy2kLJA-bskvRRpW9Nuu-Q_YdZiOnV7e7b-3TynfWp2TfZWb4rfI2bPF9A2BPIyp9aDBKpeL8fmO2KG6tQbmlgWWpPLFax0mXPclQqi9XrNNLKaZMDlznCHA3a9uBK677bJmxcCOrCOAVGHLlxnLk2qcMlgeW6OKmEL-uFuoo1Pwd38aotN4r-kQ_A5C-NEMD_tYf3BrUIBlYg0Dtcfab-_sDTZIYRipfZQ9rTB3HiRSrBHUXVqU5Lbv3vQOh2HeD7AmcMMoBrCYHWtmW_XxuOly4dospoLS_tdZRKWEEEkYmKUtGAYJczksvApv2_18ivBVPofuwIJZI9wUK7FOmjhqijPu7mmxIr3Zb4CpYWZnuZdQ2M2zLWR6uf-hIKJskbgAu4TW8Pi=w1254-h705-no

IMG_4290.jpg

Mail call!
These turned up today. TOBS Sandlewood for Fathers Day gift, Proraso for me, TOBS Lemon and Lime was sent in error.
Been wanting to try the Proraso red for a while, I first started shaving with Proraso green and a Sandlewood version had me intrigued. Love the smell!

The Lemon & Lime Cream was sent by mistake, but Beard & Blade were kind enough to let me keep it. I had a smell of it and it is verrry citrusy and not really my style.
I'm happy to PIF it to someone who can use it, is totally untouched.
Let me know if you're keen!

IMG_4290.jpg

Mail call!
These turned up today. TOBS Sandlewood for Fathers Day gift, Proraso for me, TOBS Lemon and Lime was sent in error.
Been wanting to try the Proraso red for a while, I first started shaving with Proraso green and a Sandlewood version had me intrigued. Love the smell!

The Lemon & Lime Cream was sent by mistake, but Beard & Blade were kind enough to let me keep it. I had a smell of it and it is verrry citrusy and not really my style.
I'm happy to PIF it to someone who can use it, is totally untouched.
Let me know if you're keen!
The Lemon & Lime Cream has found a new owner.
Cheers!

BeehiveMixedColorsBlackWolf__62606.1472588939.1000.1200.jpg

I'm obsessing about WolfWhiskers brushes at the moment as my number has been called. Whilst I'm getting an Envy White knot I was curious about his Black Wolf Synthetic knots. Luckily it's Father's Day so my family managed to get me this (by the simple act of me buying it and then telling them).

Last edited:
BeehiveMixedColorsBlackWolf__62606.1472588939.1000.1200.jpg

I'm obsessing about WolfWhiskers brushes at the moment as my number has been called. Whilst I'm getting an Envy White knot I was curious about his Black Wolf Synthetic knots. Luckily it's Father's Day so my family managed to get me this (by the simple act of me buying it and then telling them).
Oh WOW that handle is gorgeous.................................

Status
Not open for further replies.