September 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C43-E7144-7-BE6-4-A31-95-AD-A0-D4709-AA071.jpg

4-ADF54-F1-DA2-E-4928-B58-D-B164-ED8-AB58-F.jpg

C43-E7144-7-BE6-4-A31-95-AD-A0-D4709-AA071.jpg

Some recent vintage acquisitions

It's raining shaving toys today... I ordered this USB Microscope from Amazon on 11/9/22, and wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks yet.
By a happy coincidence, I started honing my new Invicta straight this morning. It took only 4 or 5 minutes to install the software and
set up the stand, and I am extremely happy with the quality of both the device and the photos it can produce. This shot is where I was at, I had set the bevel on
my 1K Suehiro and then done about 30 laps on my 3K. It will be interesting to see how useful a tool this is for honing, I planned to use it to better my skills
by posting pics of the bevel as I progress for input from the honemeisters.
xqyG3BD.jpg

M0rSvCN.jpg

zm5T0Cp.jpg

Sneaking in right at the end of the month, this handsome Timeless from @Stratman, plus lots of extras both familiar and otherwise. I originally just wanted the handle (for the Claymore), but now I'm looking forward to dipping my fingers back into the world of DE shaving...

IMG-20220929-110653.jpg
Do my eyes deceive me? Welcome back to DE's! :D

EDIT: Give the Minora's a crack, on par if not better than the Gillette Sharpedge IMO

Sneaking in right at the end of the month, this handsome Timeless from @Stratman, plus lots of extras both familiar and otherwise. I originally just wanted the handle (for the Claymore), but now I'm looking forward to dipping my fingers back into the world of DE shaving...

IMG-20220929-110653.jpg

your welcome mate.. hope u love it!!

btw the Claymore landed a few days ago but I have been a little busy with the BB, will give it a go in the next couple of days but tonight is blackland thursday night cant miss that :) which blade do you suggest I try with it first?

your welcome mate.. hope u love it!!

btw the Claymore landed a few days ago but I have been a little busy with the BB, will give it a go in the next couple of days but tonight is blackland thursday night cant miss that :) which blade do you suggest I try with it first?
Every day has been a Blackland day for some time here, so I won't fault you on that. And no hurry with the Claymore either. The Proline is still my blade of choice. If you don't have any, give us a yell and I'll send you some. If you feel like being intrepid, you could try a Feather Pro Super. Instant one-pass DBS that lasts all day. I exaggerate a little, but you get the idea. It needs a light touch.

Every day has been a Blackland day for some time here, so I won't fault you on that. And no hurry with the Claymore either. The Proline is still my blade of choice. If you don't have any, give us a yell and I'll send you some. If you feel like being intrepid, you could try a Feather Pro Super. Instant one-pass DBS that lasts all day. I exaggerate a little, but you get the idea. It needs a light touch.

prob best i give a Proline a go, reckon i do have some thanks.. yes the BB is my holy grail, so much so I am thinking of trying a SS vector. tried the Ti once but to me it was too light.. blackland know their razors (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.