Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Semogue #1305
Soap: Soap Commander Wisdom: Peppermint & Lavender
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [3]
After-shave: Jabonman Vanilla and Cinnamon

SOTD 24th Dec

First shave in hospital just before, after my wife and I welcomed our newest family member yesterday afternoon. Pleased to announce that we now have a little shaver William to pass my knowledge (gained here) and gear onto in due course.

La Toja stick
34c w/ Astra SP
WD 24mm Synth
Speick AS

First experience with the La Toja and it was surprisingly good. Only 2 pass wtg, xtg and has plenty of lather left for a third if I had wanted. It was thick and cushiony, perhaps a little prone to drying out, but just added a little water and it came back nicely. Sitting here clicking away whilst they sleep, the post shave is remarkably good, better than I was expecting. I have yet to try speick or tabac sticks (have a sample of the speick thanks to @stillshunter) but wouldn't complain about travelling with La Toja at all.

Things are very much in flux at the moment, so if I don't get back on tomorrow, Happy holidays or Merry Christmas...
Congrats @Korbz - now you really have a great reason to get those indestructible stainless steel razors ;)

eve_zpsjgolfnxr.jpg

Joh Engstrom
Jermyn Street sensitive
B&B boar
Florida Water

SOTD 24th Dec

First shave in hospital just before, after my wife and I welcomed our newest family member yesterday afternoon. Pleased to announce that we now have a little shaver William to pass my knowledge (gained here) and gear onto in due course.

La Toja stick
34c w/ Astra SP
WD 24mm Synth
Speick AS

First experience with the La Toja and it was surprisingly good. Only 2 pass wtg, xtg and has plenty of lather left for a third if I had wanted. It was thick and cushiony, perhaps a little prone to drying out, but just added a little water and it came back nicely. Sitting here clicking away whilst they sleep, the post shave is remarkably good, better than I was expecting. I have yet to try speick or tabac sticks (have a sample of the speick thanks to @stillshunter) but wouldn't complain about travelling with La Toja at all.

Things are very much in flux at the moment, so if I don't get back on tomorrow, Happy holidays or Merry Christmas...

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new arrival, may he bring you much happiness.

Christmas Shave

Firstly a merry Christmas to everyone here, this is a great place full on some very good people, I am glad I found it.

Razor: Weber PH thanks @stillshunter for selling me this
Brush: Shavemac two band
Soap: Dr Jon's Krampus great name for a Christmas soap

Great shave today. The Dr Jon's is a new harder formula than his previous soaps but still performs fantastic. The after shave was a good way to finish.

Firstly a Merry Christmas to one and all!

Christmas Morning Shave

Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch AS2
Soap/Cream: Vintage Yardley Shaving Soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (5)
Post-shave: Vintage Herbal by Old Spice

A very vintage Christmas shave and the first time I've used the AS2. It is not NOS but certainly in VERY nice condition and with the box - I've been reluctant to use it because of the great condition despite buying to add to the rotation. A little funky smelling - needs a few uses to get all the smell out, but a lovely soft brush.

Overall a very nice shave ...

20151225_085558 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Brush: Shavemac 177 Black
Blade: Polsilver SI
Soap: Truefitt and Hill Authentic No. 10
Post Shave: The Stray Whisker AS Balm and Alt Innsbruck Cologne
Christmas day shave was a three pass shave. The Stray Whisker balm is excellent but the Alt Innsbruck is a revelation. Smells so good. Waiting for family to arrive for Christmas dinner so I wish all the Paste & Cut family a very merry Christmas and have a safe holiday period.

Christmas morning shave... decided to change things up a bit.

Brush: Vulfix #374 Super
Soap: B&M Dickens
Razor: Fatboy E3 (5)
Blade: La brune française Wilkinson Sword, fabriqué en Angleterre (8)

Pulled the Vulfix out for a run this morning, had the slight scent of funk in it, usually I would not notice it but after being on the Plissitane for so long is was quite noticeable. Didn't matter, the B&M whipped up to the normal yoghurt.

Blade starting to announce that it is getting towards the end of its life, still has a couple in it yet.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Beautiful and smooth shave today.

Brush: Shavemac #177
Soap: Barrister & Mann Rhapsody
Razor: Kirby Beard (wavy cap)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Emulsion

Friday 25 December 2015

222464d1451062837-sun-december-20th-sat-december-26th-holiday-christmas-themed-sotd-sotd-25122015.jpg

Mastro Livi Symmetrical Kamisori

Today I finally had the chance to try this Mastro Livi symmetrical kamisori and I was very impressed by the ease of use and the performance in shaving. A symmetrical kamisori needs a different shaving technique from the traditional kamisori, however giving a very good shave. The point of this symmetrical kamisori seems to be very effective and precise, altough tricky just like any kamisori, however super precise. The pattern of the Damasteel used for this kamisori is "Odin's eye" and I opted for this one as it was a pattern missing in my collection. I also used one of my favorite shaving soaps - Boellis Panama 1924 - as I have a passion for almond scented soaps belonging to the Italian tradition, this is one of my favorite ones. Impeccable and super pleasurable shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Boellis Panama 1924 Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Symmetrical Kamisori, 11/16 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol F./Extra

SOTD Boxing Day Australia

Brush: Wolf Whiskers
Soap: The Shaving Shop Success
Razor: Gillette Tech

Last shave at home before going away for a few weeks. Very nice and smooth two pass shave. The razor is mild but efficient for me.

First shave with this soap. The soap maker of this has not advertised who they are but if you look at the ingredients it is pretty each to assume who they are ( they are in my top 2 makers).

This soap is based on Adventus Creed now I have never smelt that bottle. I get that it is a very colonge based soap. I gets notes of black current and others. It just to my nose smells great.

Performance wise I can't fault the lather it produced or the post shave feel. This soap is what the name implies a success. This is a top soap Peter Charkalis.

eve_zpsjgolfnxr.jpg

Joh Engstrom
Jermyn Street sensitive
B&B boar
Florida Water

@joamo great looking shave. We're did you get the Florida Water from? I have just received a soap based on this and it I s a great scent. I know have to search for the aftershave to match with the soap.

Brush: Semogue #1305
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Kirby Beard (wavy)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword [2]
After-shave: Pitralon Swiss
After-shave: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango ASB

Wonderful soap and ASB combo! The lather is superb and the scent is fantastic. I found that the menthol hit was greater in the ASB than the soap. As everyone is saying - this is a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.