Shave of the Day - 2024

Oj1MtDc.jpg

Koraat Sheffield 15/16 Half Hollow - C&H Elm Fanchurian - SC Felce Aromatica - Floïd Vigoroso - Sukin Moisturiser

edGBfj1.jpg
RAZOR: Dscosmetic Classic Art Resin & Stable Wood Handle
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Yellow Handle
LATHER: Fine Lavender Pour Homme Classic Triple-milled Shave Soap

1nadGbH.jpg

RAZOR: Yaqi Flipside Dual Comb Imbuia Wood Handle
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: Dscosmetic Gentle Breeze 26mm Synthetic
LATHER: Truefitt & Hill Apsley Luxury Shaving Soap

Last edited:

SOTD – Wed 27Mar2024

SOTD-20240327-setup.png

Shave Report: The medium density lather that gave good performance but lacked a bit in the cushion & residual, so IMO not as good as the Haslinger nor MWF soaps from last week. The Lather has a fresh well blended Italian style Aquatic scent, scent strength 6/10. I would classify Yaqi Tachi above medium aggression with blade feel and it gave me an efficient DFS with some minor neck irritation and a couple of weepers.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio for Men - Smooth Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: Fuko “Emerald Fireworks” 26/55 APShave Synbad [A]
  • Soap: Omega Via Barberia - Aqua Shaving Cream
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Yaqi Tachi SS SE + Razzo Light Handle (Gap:1.00)
  • Blade: Lord Saloon SS SE (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio for Men - Calming AS Balm [A]
  • After Shave: Blue Stratos AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

PXL-20240106-201713560-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Thayer's witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EDC
COTD: Ismaili selection, Yemen

My SOTD posts have been a bit thin on the ground lately owing to the fact that I have had to vacate the guest bathroom to accommodate family who have come to stay. Using the "master" bathroom is all very nice, but it's a crowded space. For all that my wife teases me about the fact that my travel wash-bag is at least four times the size of hers (which I admit is completely true), the surfaces surrounding the washbasin here seem to play host to all manner of tubes, jars and bottles of arcane products, leaving little room for me.

So I have elected, for the duration, to simply play with one of my "desert island" setups that I could happily live with indefinitely. I shall leave the rest of my toys downstairs (tucked behind a plurality of spare bog-rolls) until the house is ours again. I can only chuckle wryly when I recall how I managed brush and blade in the midst and clamour of a shared household of 8-10 occupants when I was in my early 20s. I wonder how I might cope with that now... :unsure: