Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180504_094934-01.jpg

First shave with @Sxot 's new improved base.

Oh, wow.

So, I was the heathen who asked him to do VPS fragrance oil rather than stick with the essential oils. Why? Because my partner has a scented candle with the popular combo and I have such good memories of it, I wanted 3 tubs of the stuff to put on my face. What is SO pleasing is that while the candle is more patchouli forward than this particular oil (it's more vanilla heavy) it now has the added bonus of smelling exactly like a cake my dearly departed mother used to bake. Wow. Mind is blown. I think it's probably the smell of the base mixing with the oil to create this effect but I AM STOKED my suggestion worked out with this twist and that Scott was nice enough to make it for me (and now you too!).

As you can see, the label is basic and not water-proof - it definitely won't last. But that's not the point of this release as we all know. What is the point? He's released the best artisanal $15AUD ($16.50AUD with tub) soap in THE WORLD.

Performance? He's tweaked the formula so there is more residual slickness. The tallow funk I used to notice in the base has been gone for a while. The lather is still as easy to make and as outstanding as it has always been in cushion and glide. It's now great in every area. Brilliant face feel. If he's still interested in selling the formula then somebody with time and capital needs to jump on this. Similarly, I'd really like him to keep making it on his own.

This amazing soap - which I am now calling "Greenpike's Ladies" - is a winner and pairs very well with Reef Point Submariner and a vanilla heavy EdT like Mont Blanc Individuel.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 - Friday
KP71zdhl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts "Andromeda" - 26mm Maggard Badger
Razor: Anodized Aluminum Wolfman WR-1DC on WRH-2 (Black & Purple)
Blade: Polsilver SI (7)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Aftershave

I foresee myself using this set a lot this summer. Slight menthol chill and the scent is killer. Anyways, TGIF!

Oh, wow.

So, I was the heathen who asked him to do VPS fragrance oil rather than stick with the essential oils. Why? Because my partner has a scented candle with the popular combo and I have such good memories of it, I wanted 3 tubs of the stuff to put on my face. What is SO pleasing is that while the candle is more patchouli forward than this particular oil (it's more vanilla heavy) it now has the added bonus of smelling exactly like a cake my dearly departed mother used to bake. Wow. Mind is blown. I think it's probably the smell of the base mixing with the oil to create this effect but I AM STOKED my suggestion worked out with this twist and that Scott was nice enough to make it for me (and now you too!).

As you can see, the label is basic and not water-proof - it definitely won't last. But that's not the point of this release as we all know. What is the point? He's released the best artisanal $15AUD ($16.50AUD with tub) soap in THE WORLD.

Performance? He's tweaked the formula so there is more residual slickness. The tallow funk I used to notice in the base has been gone for a while. The lather is still as easy to make and as outstanding as it has always been in cushion and glide. It's now great in every area. Brilliant face feel. If he's still interested in selling the formula then somebody with time and capital needs to jump on this. Similarly, I'd really like him to keep making it on his own.

This amazing soap - which I am now calling "Greenpike's Ladies" - is a winner and pairs very well with Reef Point Submariner and a vanilla heavy EdT like Mont Blanc Individuel.
e4cfae37e39eb45fcb6fca5bebb8607e--futurama-meme-meme-caption.jpg

Today’s shave live from Anaheim California. (Earlier today)

Pre- shower (with shitty water pressure)
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Soap- La Toja Stick
Razor- Rockwell 6s (R4)
Blade- Astra SP (1)
Post- Proraso green splash

Nice to shave after a day and a half or more after flying for so long and being unable to check in to our hotel. Really nice shave with the stick. Now off to Disney land for the day (happened earlier)!

Oh, wow.

WOW fantastic review! It's so wonderful when scents take us back to something special!!

Pre: jojoba oil
Rockwell R3 w/Polsilver
EJ Silvertip Fibre XL v1
MWF
Anherb balm

Fantastic Faturday shave! I use the fat on Saturdays so now it's "Faturday".

The Rockwell was feeling neglected so I used it today and got a great shave.

20180505_102042_01.jpg

73E5PfKl.jpg

Semogue, Proraso Red, Parker 34R, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap'n'Smelly
Archive pic. Nice two pass bloodless result with the shavette today.Already had finished first pass on one side of face and throat area before I realized how quick and smooth I was going,so I kept the same pace and pressure,(except on the chin but still quicker there),for a 15 minute finish with clean up included.Every straight shave improves my technique,shavette or not.

IMAG0096.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: Grooming Dept. DiA
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Suavecito Menthol Vanishung Creme

Bountiful, creamy, efficient, delightful, soothing SOTN :cool: Have a great Sunday folks!

Date: 05 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Castle Forbes Lime
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

I wish there was a quicker way to get the bloody painting done, all I could think of was Mr Bean and I don't have any firecrackers

Razor: Rockwell 6S (#3)
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: Mikes Lime (Finished!!!!)
Brush: Maseto Beehive

2 pass XTG, lovely ~ no nicks / cuts / weepers :)

.... I'm pleased to have finished the soap ~ can finally move onto something else in my stockpile!

Mike's makes for a great lather but I wasn't a big fan of the lime scent. After sabbatical will buy some of that orange and pepper stuff, could be more up my street.

Might get into some of the Haslinger soaps next..... got a whole bunch that haven't been touched yet!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (#3)
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: Mikes Lime (Finished!!!!)
Brush: Maseto Beehive

2 pass XTG, lovely ~ no nicks / cuts / weepers :)

.... I'm pleased to have finished the soap ~ can finally move onto something else in my stockpile!

Mike's makes for a great lather but I wasn't a big fan of the lime scent. After sabbatical will buy some of that orange and pepper stuff, could be more up my street.

Might get into some of the Haslinger soaps next..... got a whole bunch that haven't been touched yet!
Mike's is one of the best artisan soaps on the market IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.