Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: maggard synth
Razor: 6s(4)
Blade: 7 oclock yellow(3)
Soap: apr velours Noir
What a lovely shave. I used winterfall yesterday and then this today to make sure my memory wash fresh for a fair comparison of the new base. They are simply two completely soaps in almost every way.the new base is so much slicker and the lather is just outstandingly thick and creamy with seemingly no limit to how much water you can throw at it.when I finished my shave I did water it down to see how far it would go and it doesn't break down till its thinner than you would ever use.the only place that it isnt an improvement of the previous base is post shave face feel, it is more drying but still nice.there is no chance any of the yanks can bag this version out it's right up there with anything else I've ever used.the scent I'm not sure on tbh.it conjures up images of a power broker in a leather chair smoking a cigar at a mahogany desk.maybe a bit to sophisticated and complex for a truck driving yobbo like me

Fd2bS3hl.jpg

Semogue, Proraso, Yaqi/Ballend, Nacet, Witch Hazel, Nivea, Jovan Musk
Lazy late Sunday afternoon after busy morning and lunch time.Took my time with the shave and really concentrated on the feel of the Yaqi head.I found that a reasonably sharp angle works the smoothest,not exactly riding the cap but not far off.Shallow approach is efficient but a little less smooth and plenty of blade feel and the teeth are more noticeable as well of course.Still a very nice irritation free result and a nice way to relax.

Pre Shave: Warm water , Proraso Pre Shave.
Razor: Gillette Slim (3)
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: RazoRock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop

Liking the slim, nice smooth shaves. Son dropped by and asked if he could borrow it for a few weeks. I wonder if I will get it back. :unsure:

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Balm: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Had my whole week planned preparing for a big event next week. One email early this morning blew it out of the water :(

Such is life - at least I can have a good shave

Brush: maggard synth
Razor: 6s(4)
Blade: 7 oclock yellow(4)
Soap: apr velours Noir
splash: velours noir
soap performed spectacular today with a lighter load and more water than yesterday. tried the splash for the first time and the menthol brings out a whole new dimension to the scent that i swear had eucalyptus behind it but that may be more power of suggestion or a scent association but i really it enjoyed despite not being a big fan of menthol.

Pre: jojoba oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Mysterious space tuxedo
PdP No.63
Anherb balm

So my parents have come to stay with me and brought about 18 months of acquisitions (prior to sabbatical) with them that I had delivered to their place.

The PdP No.63 has an amazing scent and fantastic, rich lather. I just loved it!!

The Maggard hexagonal handle is my favorite! Its shape not only looks cool but it's very ergonomic! It's perfect for the Rockwell!

20180514_092848_01.jpg

So my parents have come to stay with me and brought about 18 months of acquisitions (prior to sabbatical) with them that I had delivered to their place.

The PdP No.63 has an amazing scent and fantastic, rich lather. I just loved it!!
That's it!:mad: I had been resisting this one but 63 is the correct number so into the shopping cart it goes......

IMAG0101.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Parker Variant (3, 2, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale

An enjoyable 3 pass shave with the Variant, resulting in a near BBS with a few nicks on the adams apple and chin due to the blade not matching this DE :( Love the consistency of this soap as I'm able to whip up soft, creamy lather with no fuss and the scent profile is sweet bliss :woot: Finished off with some balm and hope to have some new soap to try in my next SOTD. Have a great Tuesday and happy shaves! :sleep:

rq3y6Rdh.jpg

Soap: Pb Max
Brush: 26mmTF Kryptonite/Burl Badger/Boar
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Feather (1)
Wow! What a beast. The Elite has heft which I think lends to a deceptively mild feel. My mistake on this learning curve - I ended up with a weeper configuration resembling the milky way.:) This razor is very different to any other DE I own. It slices effortlessly through the stubble and gives it's own distinct feedback. I was attracted to the idea of a razor being designed for Feather blades and I think Rocnel has built an appropriate machine to drive these blades. I've just got to learn the technique.;)
The 'Hulk' (as my son calls my new brush) has a little too much presence (badger bum perfume) at this stage and was shedding a bit first shave but I think we got the loft right @Tony Forsyth and I was very happy with it's performance and feel, though I'll definitely enjoy it more as the smell disperses. The 26mm Badger/Boar knot was purchased from Maggards and shipped to Tony for setting in the handle. I love the richness of the timber burl. Thanks Tony for another superb job.

IMAG0101.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Parker Variant (3, 2, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale

An enjoyable 3 pass shave with the Variant, resulting in a near BBS with a few nicks on the adams apple and chin due to the blade not matching this DE :( Love the consistency of this soap as I'm able to whip up soft, creamy lather with no fuss and the scent profile is sweet bliss :woot: Finished off with some balm and hope to have some new soap to try in my next SOTD. Have a great Tuesday and happy shaves! :sleep:
I've been interested in the scent of Honey Ale, would you be able to bring it to the next meet? Fingers crossed it's not one I love seeing as it's already discontinued :nailbiting: (though still available overseas)

rq3y6Rdh.jpg

Soap: Pb Max
Brush: 26mmTF Kryptonite/Burl Badger/Boar
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Feather (1)
Wow! What a beast. The Elite has heft which I think lends to a deceptively mild feel. My mistake on this learning curve - I ended up with a weeper configuration resembling the milky way.:) This razor is very different to any other DE I own. It slices effortlessly through the stubble and gives it's own distinct feedback. I was attracted to the idea of a razor being designed for Feather blades and I think Rocnel has built an appropriate machine to drive these blades. I've just got to learn the technique.;)
The 'Hulk' (as my son calls my new brush) has a little too much presence (badger bum perfume) at this stage and was shedding a bit first shave but I think we got the loft right @Tony Forsyth and I was very happy with it's performance and feel, though I'll definitely enjoy it more as the smell disperses. The 26mm Badger/Boar knot was purchased from Maggards and shipped to Tony for setting in the handle. I love the richness of the timber burl. Thanks Tony for another superb job.
Loved the Elite! Brilliant razor and does such a great job. Hope you get the technique down before losing too much blood lol. I’m always here to take off your hands if you decide to shift ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.