:cool:

WOW!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney board/badger combination brush
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve splash

Simple, effective, classic.

I think it was @alfredus who introduced me to the Sardinian Honey - a wonderful warming embracing soap.

Good to be home, especially with no trips next week!

c6he9.jpg

Rockwell 6S R5 w/ Polsilver (1)
Yaqi Tuxedo
AP Reserve Velours Noir Soap/Splash/EdT

First time with the R5 plate. Was a pretty tight shave in two passes, but I think maybe left me a little raw. I prefer the way the 4 and 3 leave me better.

The soap performance was awesome. Up there with anything I have tried. I spent like 30 seconds loading the brush based on comments here. Overkill. I had lather all over the place. Post shave feel was great. I could of not used any aftshave or balm and been good.

First time using an aftershave with menthol. Waaaaay over did it with the amount I used lol. Near froze my face off. I'll know next time! I'll be interested in hearing Todras reasoning for the inclusion of menthol in this one, and peoples thoughts on menthol in colder weather. While it did feel fresh when I stepped outside, at first it was pretty uncomfortable with the wind on my face.

The scent is not what I expected. In a good way though. So far the main notes I'm getting are the citrusy notes. Maybe a little grassy to? I was expecting it to be woody in the background however I'm not getting that yet. It's so different to what I have been use to though, it will take me a while to get around it I think. Winterfall was like that for me. It is a very fresh scent though I think. I think it would of really suited this start to autumn we had.

Oh the EdT spray nozzle is awesome. So much better then the previous ones (sorry @todras!!!). I really struggled with the old ones turning as I pressed and needing a few pumps to fill as well (the B&M EdT of LGC I have is the same struggle as well). This new APR EdT is a sold spray, stays full as well, the nozzle has no movement or wobble. Nice choice.

Thanks for the shave and scent experience Todras and nsavage. Bring on the rest of the winter range! (Though financially I'm going to have to pick and choose between them which will be a pain!)

Pre: jojoba oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre XL v1
MWF
Anherb balm

Awesome Faturday shave!!
I'm really favoring a lighter handle on the Rockwell. I just find it gives me more control over the razor.

I really should stop talking up the v1 silvertip fibre brush since it's one of the most unobtainable items in the shaving world...but damn, it's freaking awesome!!

Semogue 1305
Mitchells Wool Fat
Bengall
Witch Hazel

No shave yesterday as unwell so a good growth to attack with the Bengall.Blade was a little off and a bit grabby so stropped again after first pass.Still not quite right,no drama though as was a nice bloodless shave and will give the edge a light paste touch up before next use.
Luckily my Sifu understood I was not feeling the best last night so nothing too strenuous and had a steady training session of stick fighting forms.Usually on days before training I use my shaves as a focus meditation to centre myself and I missed that yesterday,and most days shave is after training at home so I use it as wind down.

Tg2aJnq.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the Wolfman and this magnificent Paladin producing luscious Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

fH4p90z_d.jpg

Pre: Hot shower....
Razor: Gillette Red Tip....
Blade: Personna Red....
Brush: Rick Montalvo Timberwoolf....
Soap: APR Velours Noir....

Everything above bar the hot shower, Personna Red and the Thayers arrived this week and it was great to put it all together for a Saturday night SOTD....
The Velours Noir lathered like a dream with great slickness and cushioning for my first use of the Red Tip....
The scent is a ripper, love the Mahogany that comes through....
And that slap from the menthol is brilliant....
Have a great night all, keep safe....

DSCN0191.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Shave Factory mug
Soap: APR Velours Noir

Another satisfying 3 pass BBS shave before work and what better time than now to try the latest soap in my collection. I echo the experience shared by @LukehGee as I too achieved 'overkill' but once I managed to get the correct water consistency the soap lathered up a treat with plenty of cushion and slickness. I commend both @todras & @nsavage on this new soap as performace wise it's excellent and the scent profile really nailed it on the head for me - not too over powering but very masculine and I really enjoy 'earthy' scents so well done! Interesting to see what @todras will come up with next but keep up the great work (y) *rushes off to find his wallet so he can buy the matching splash :nailbiting:

2D5XqT0l.jpg

Razor: Bronze Timeless
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: Haslinger ~ Sage
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Scent: Paco Rabanne

Saturday morning shave for a change.... 2 pass XTG ~ one nick / a couple of weepers!

First time with a Haslinger soap today!!! The 60g soap is tiny and the dry smell is not too strong.... fairly weak actually.

In prep for the shave it was soon discovered I'd misplaced the storage tub I'd pegged for it, decided to jump right in anyway and hand load straight off the puck - moving onto my regular shaving bowl to finish the lather.

First pass and the lather was nice and thick, but not slick enough ~ cutting through 5 days of growth was a struggle with the lather..... yes - first attempt and not enough water ~ thirstier soap than I initially thought it would be!

Added a bit more water for the second pass and the slickness appeared and I really enjoyed the second pass..... scent remained fairly weak throughout the whole process.

Looking forwards to my Sunday night shave now I have broken my Hasligner cherry ~ should get a better lather right off the bat.

(FYI: No, I don't have 3 arms! I got my son into the bathroom to take the lathering picture :) )

UezpLvUl.jpg

I find I could probably cut and paste my shaves as they change very little. Mind you, I did 2 passes tonight for the sheer exhilaration. :)

6/8" extremely finely ground full hollow that takes an amazing edge.
Semogue 26 mm boar and a soap of my own making.
@Pbgoose, the new "shaving acquisition" - hot water service is great
2 passes and wonderful.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss splash

This soap really does lather well, great shave

vhp1y8hh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb The Green Mac
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Bijou de France
First full shave (had a bit of a tidy up round the beard a couple of days ago) since coming back from the Victorian Alps. Bit out of practice with a couple of nicks but the weeks growth was easy to remove with the straight. Surprisingly there was some protest from my daughter and wife regarding the removal of the beard.
5zigs9fh.jpg

Spent a few days last weekend wandering around the high country. Craig's Hut was one of the places we visited. This hut is a rebuild post bushfire of a hut that was built specifically for The Man from Snowy River movie but is maintained for skiers and hikers that may need shelter if caught in winter storms. We visited a number of huts like this through the mountains though they were built in more practical (sheltered) locations, but still spectacular.
dcY3oKjm.jpg

Amazing country. The weather changes very quickly, but we were fortunate to have very good weather that did include some heavy mists and 'blow you off the top of the mountain' winds. We camped in a couple of locations and enjoyed some very 'fresh' temperatures, billy tea and surprisingly no shaving.:)

Date: 13 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Stainless #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Painting all finished, tomorrow morning minor plumbing work and then Tuesday morning the electrical work will be done. New carpet will be laid hopefully on Friday morning.

Last edited:
SV-Sunday
Pre: jojoba oil
Progress XL w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
SV Manna
Anherb balm

Wonderful SV-Sunday shave!
I have really reduced loading time on the SV soaps as they take too much water! Today was a ten second load and it still you a lot of water but it was much better than the 20 sec loading time I usually do.

Fantastic brush the Bruce!! One of my all time favorites!

20180513_100448_01.jpg

vhp1y8hh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb The Green Mac
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Bijou de France
First full shave (had a bit of a tidy up round the beard a couple of days ago) since coming back from the Victorian Alps. Bit out of practice with a couple of nicks but the weeks growth was easy to remove with the straight. Surprisingly there was some protest from my daughter and wife regarding the removal of the beard.
5zigs9fh.jpg

Spent a few days last weekend wandering around the high country. Craig's Hut was one of the places we visited. This hut is a rebuild post bushfire of a hut that was built specifically for The Man from Snowy River movie but is maintained for skiers and hikers that may need shelter if caught in winter storms. We visited a number of huts like this through the mountains though they were built in more practical (sheltered) locations, but still spectacular.
dcY3oKjm.jpg

Amazing country. The weather changes very quickly, but we were fortunate to have very good weather that did include some heavy mists and 'blow you off the top of the mountain' winds. We camped in a couple of locations and enjoyed some very 'fresh' temperatures, billy tea and surprisingly no shaving.:)
The Bijou is beautiful!
... But, what is the whip for? Pre-shave or post-shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.