Blade: Polsilver Brown (3)

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods, Bishop handle, LVL 1, CC
  4. Soap: Wolfpac - Silk Road
  5. Brush: Thiers Issard - 22mm silvertip
  6. Postshave: Blades Grim - Smolder
  7. Earworm: Overdone - Bombay Bicycle Club
Lovely shave this morning, and more importantly not interrupted. First run with the Wolfpac soap and I loved it.

Really good slickness and gorgeous scent. For me I was picking up nutmeg, all spice and a bit of cinnamon. Lovely post shave feel. Sad that these guys are no longer making soaps. I think I might have to try and find some of the last supplies and snap them up.

this is the only soap that my old man will use. I have tried to introduce him to the some other offerings, but he's a stubborn old goat.
@Rabid Badger better leave the bloody stubborn old fart alone, why, sometimes grumpy old fart are too tired to take on hard soaps and they’re not getting any younger or worried about trying out different types of scent from each soap. So if he’s happier with the Body Shop shaving soap, because he wanted something simple quick and cheap enough to lather without complaining.

Last edited:

Lovely shave this morning, and more importantly not interrupted. First run with the Wolfpac soap and I loved it.

Really good slickness and gorgeous scent. For me I was picking up nutmeg, all spice and a bit of cinnamon. Lovely post shave feel. Sad that these guys are no longer making soaps. I think I might have to try and find some of the last supplies and snap them up.

IMAG0289.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Head: Gillette Sensor Excel
Face: Blacklands Dart
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: APR Coolabah LE
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar

A fairly rough face shave this arvo due in large part to the blade - I suspect? The Dart provides a decent amount of blade feel and my hope was to try a smoother blade but all the Astra did was leave me with some weepers and explaining to do to the misses... 'Did somebody bite you repeatedly she asked?" :mask:(n) Still managed a DFS but could've done without the irritation... Loving me the warmer weather as I get to use APR's Coolabah (smells soooo nice) :) Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Spice Reserve
Razor: Gillette J4 Slim Adjustable (3)
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, TSW After Balm

Another good 2 pass shave, first outing with the Slim adj and I must say I really enjoyed my weapon of choice.

The Stray Whisker is probably the last chance for Wolfpac

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Spice Reserve
Razor: Gillette J4 Slim Adjustable (3)
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, TSW After Balm

Another good 2 pass shave, first outing with the Slim adj and I must say I really enjoyed my weapon of choice.

Seen it before but can never get too much of that video !

How on earth an awesome set up can end up with a poor shave? well, blame the blade, I reckon

Pre: nothing
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: Goddamn treet
brush: wolf whiskers synth
soap: DG TSM fougere
splash: ChatyLux TSM Fougere

rGVCDxX.jpg

looks good, uh? gorgeous lather coming from face lathering, hips of it, really easy to build and looking so good. So far the easiest sample to load I have ever try!. On first pass I thought the blade was just rude as some are on first pass when are new. The second pass told me that it will hurt. after third one, CL splash stung me as never has a good splash, ever!!
I had a great shave, but it hurt. The blade has been disposed and I am thinking on dispose all the pack of blades too and not gave them another chance.
I got that sample because I had the splash and want to have a go with soap + splash combined. Sometimes great expectations go bad because of uncontrolled effects, or dumb side decisions :(
I'll go for another test in the weekend, with a proper blade!

How on earth an awesome set up can end up with a poor shave?

.... NO, blame the user!

You don't deserve this set up - send it all to me and I will give it a good home ;)

I am more than happy to send you the blades (I'll even pay you to adopt them), but don't even look to the rest of the shaving gear :stop:
It is inside a new wardrobe I got to store my still small amount of good stuff, guarded by Spaniard vampires :D

I am more than happy to send you the blades (I'll even pay you to adopt them), but don't even look the rest of the shaving gear :stop:
It is inside a new wardrobe I got to store my still small amount of good stuff, guarded by Spaniard vampires :D
What happened to the garlic, jelly belly

I am more than happy to send you the blades (I'll even pay you to adopt them), but don't even look the rest of the shaving gear :stop:

No, no, no - only an unworthy shaver would blame the blades!

Send me the whole lot and I will promise to use the rest of the blades just to prove how fine they are.

I will send you a Mach 3 in return. PM me your address ;)

No, no, no - only an unworthy shaver would blame the blades!

Send me the whole lot and I will promise to use the rest of the blades just to prove how fine they are.

I will send you a Mach 3 in return. PM me your address ;)

Yeah. yeah, sure, mate, my addres is something like

1.37 Dumb address....

Remember me, if any chance we meet, to bring some small amount of concrete, I am more than happy to freely top up your coffee/beer :sneaky:

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: A&G Lavender
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Voskhod (2)

There’s something great about a shave that effortlessly takes off 3 days growth! A few weeks ago I was toying with selling my slant razor. I don’t think that will happen now...

Have you tried the slant with feathers?

Status
Not open for further replies.