BkE0yTu.jpg

Rocnel Sailor Series
Feather
BSSW Beehive
B&M Seville in Reserve​
EDITED because you are a banned troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried the slant with feathers?
Nah not from memory, as those things always shred my neck to bits. Be it in the Rockwell, with a plate I forget, or the 34c. I seen some guys talking about using the feather with the Rockwell 2 plate and get great results, and will try that one day when I’m not too concerned with the end result. I don’t know where the Voskhod sits in comparison to a feather in terms of sharpness, but I consider the Voskhod to be extremely smooth and comfortable.

l8LhEf8l.jpg

GtjLpY8m.png
N4rBKCrm.png

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: Vie-Long 4312 Black Horse
Razor: Dorko 43 Near Wedge
The Dorko didn't disappoint this morning. Honing took a little longer last night than expected due to damage on the bevel. Japanese are often toe heavy on their honing as well so that took a little time to work around. The before and after honing shots tell some of the story.
I didn't think I'd started with enough soap to lather but it was like the never ending packet of Tim Tams. I was surprised at how much water I needed to add and the lather just kept coming. Very nice, and worked well with the Dorko. Another happy shave.:)

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods, LVL 2, OC, #666
  4. Soap: P&B Albion
  5. Brush: Simpsons, Manchurian, Tulip 3
  6. Postshave: jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: London's Calling - The Clash
last shave with this blade, caused some irritation around the neck.

Does anyone else ever have problems with P&B soaps 'drying out'? I've tried many different ratios of soap:water and I know that Kerry describes his soaps as thirsty beasts, but by the time I come to shaving around my mouth I always seem to find that the soap has dried out. The P&B soaps that I have are the only ones with which this occurs.

l8LhEf8l.jpg

GtjLpY8m.png
N4rBKCrm.png

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: Vie-Long 4312 Black Horse
Razor: Dorko 43 Near Wedge
The Dorko didn't disappoint this morning. Honing took a little longer last night than expected due to damage on the bevel. Japanese are often toe heavy on their honing as well so that took a little time to work around. The before and after honing shots tell some of the story.
I didn't think I'd started with enough soap to lather but it was like the never ending packet of Tim Tams. I was surprised at how much water I needed to add and the lather just kept coming. Very nice, and worked well with the Dorko. Another happy shave.:)
great shots @Pbgoose

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods, LVL 2, OC, #666
  4. Soap: P&B Albion
  5. Brush: Simpsons, Manchurian, Tulip 3
  6. Postshave: jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: London's Calling - The Clash
last shave with this blade, caused some irritation around the neck.

Does anyone else ever have problems with P&B soaps 'drying out'? I've tried many different ratios of soap:water and I know that Kerry describes his soaps as thirsty beasts, but by the time I come to shaving around my mouth I always seem to find that the soap has dried out. The P&B soaps that I have are the only ones with which this occurs.

I face lather and have had no problems with their lather so far. I think initially last year I did have that problem as I wasn't using enough water.
Could the preshave affect it?

Date: 10 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Black 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Sandalwood
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Tabac

01BWLpDl.jpg

Proraso Green Pre
B&M Latha Oceana
Semogue 1305
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Thayers
Malizia Vetyver

First trip out with a fatboy today...and what did I learn.
Well, it might be old, but it still 'cuts it' with the young un's
('Cut' being the appropriate word here)

taxi for Mr Styptic....

Semogue 1305, Mitchells Wool Fat, Mingshi Futur clone, Feather, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap,n,Smelly
A great lather to start for a great shave. The Mingshi set on 3 for the first pass felt a little "aggressive" today especially on the chin area,so for the second took it to two and and was way better,cleaning the chin with a little buffing.

Kids have been on holidays for over a week now,starting to drive me a little nuts even though I love having them home.Our Sifu always stops our group training in town for the school breaks between terms and he is giving us some personal time this afternoon,kids for an hour and myself for three hours, (Tai Chi,Kung Fu and general MMA for me). Girls need it as they have their first grappling comp on Sunday and require some revision of their skills.

I face lather and have had no problems with their lather so far. I think initially last year I did have that problem as I wasn't using enough water.
Could the preshave affect it?
thanks @RustyBlade I'll give face lathering a go with the Spitfire tomorrow and report back. Maybe I'm just not hitting enough water.

Y3AdEtX.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Personna....
Brush: M&F/Sabini 1XL....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite....
Post: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite Aftershave and EDT....

That Morris&Forndran XL1 is such a nice brush. Congratulations on the pick up. Is it working for you?

razor: Timeless 0.68 scalloped
blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
brush: Doug Korn NC Envy white
soap: Henri et Victoria cognac and Cuban cigar
splash: AP Reserve idoru

Cxa7xbg.jpg

I found a lot of irritation on my skin this morning, some red point arose during night. This shave has been very good but the skin was still affected by yesterday's Treet

Status
Not open for further replies.