Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blonde woman crossing her arms is telling her husband. Don’t even think about wet shaving hobby dear, otherwise you’ll get yourself caught out on having too many soaps, brushes, straight razors, double edge razors, de blades and the list goes on and on and on. OR otherwise I’ll leave you for good and get divorced, and I’ll take the kids with me.
Winner winner chicken dinner

Machine: Timeless 0.95 scallopped open comb / UGO goliath prototype
blade: Polsilver super iridium
brush: Doug Korn / NC envy white
soap: AP Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose
splash: WK La fougere parfaite

I was making a so nice lather that even @alfredus would be proud of me, and then I realized that I left the phone on the car.... so no pic today. Because I have 1.5 soaps of Fougere bourbon rose and just one bottle of splash, and I always abuse splashes, I will be using this one alternating with FBR to keep the FBR alive for longer term.
It was a great shave!

xiCwrOG.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: GameChanger 0.68
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful Sunday shave with some ultra drippy Mystic Water lather.

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)

xiCwrOG.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: GameChanger 0.68
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful Sunday shave with some ultra drippy Mystic Water lather.

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)
Thoughts on the gamechanger mate?

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up aftershave splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Given the new found love of art here, the final painting in the Masters of modern art from the Hermitage exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW I saw at the weekend.

Deep

WbwM3Qgl.jpg

One of those days where several small weepers appeared but nothing the good old styptic pencil couldn’t fix.

The soap is really nice and able to get excellent lather from. A new Astra was okay but I need to blame something for the weepers, so sorry Astra, you can make up for it tomorrow morning or give me a valid Melbourne cup tip at some point before the race!

Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up shaving soap
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up aftershave splash

Given the new found love of art here, the final painting in the Masters of modern art from the Hermitage exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW I saw at the weekend.

Deep

You would think that Mr Malevich could have put more thought into the title for the painting....Just saying....

Private release for a group I am a member of. It's a group of artisans and we do releases for each other.

Considering the name of APR... "Australian Private Reserve", how would you call a Private "release" of an already private "reserve"?
sorry, just kiddin :)

somebody please explain this to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.