Valobra Pre Shave
M&F Polo
Wolfman WR1 OC
Feather
B&M Rhapsody
Nicolaï New York

Greeting Summer SOTD....

cUo2l1t.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Imperial Red....
Soap: AP Reserve Bombora....

Smooth n Sexy....

z2DP5UJl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Meissner Traminer - Strong n Scottish
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Titan (6)

A number of scents coming out of the Strong n Scottish like wet blanket, burnt bakelite. Fairly smoky out of the container. Not as nice as the Moroccan Rhassoul but will be nice to pull out occasionally.
Coconut oil worked really well this morning. Skin was still moisturised post shave so probably don't need the Jojoba oil. Might go look out an AS.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

My post yesterday said - "Pollies gone home, *should* be a quieter day ... " - what was I thinking!

Just letting you know that the old saying about not watching laws and sausages being made is very true ...

Today's shave? I slept in till 8am, it was warmer when I was shaving - positively Summery - so I had to break out the ultimate Summer combination (IMHO)

I’m away for the weekend, so I’ve packed my Dopp kit with smaller items. The Muhle razor guard didn’t fit over the Karve, so back to the DE89 for this weekend

3Qzzxjq.jpg

Pre: hot shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: Simpsons Wee Scot
Razor: DE89
Blade: Astra green

Not that DE89 is a bad razor, but after shaving with the Karve, the DE89 is an average razor yielding average results.

The Wee Scot sure lathers well, despite its miniature size.

IMG-20181201-111809-01.jpg

There are days when you want a @todras medley. GL meets Texaus meets Florian. I'm a sophisticated fellow this morning!

You'll notice that the Colonial General is back and I have to say that yes, it still is my favourite. The Karve CB on F plate was great but it's a tiny badger hair not as effective on my neck. If I had to reduce the collection to one (perish the thought!!) it'd still be the might General.

I wasn't quite as excited by the Noble Otter soap base as I'd hoped. Great performance but my first attempt was a little foamy. I'll have to research a better method next time.

Simple shave before heading out. Joined a fb group for fragrances not long ago, and have been on the lookout for Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif. A bloke was kind enough to offer to meet up and go through a few of his high end frags. Now to search for the best price for a bottle of the PDM :) Love the scent!

MBtMUk1.jpg

Semogue 1305, T&S "West Indies", Vintage Tech, Nacet, Witch Hazel, T&S "West Indies" (after shave)

Life has been busy so have not been posting much. A very enjoyable shave today with my new Tallow and Steel soap.I wasn't really looking for a new soap/splash combo but this was available cheap,very cheap actually so I jumped at the chance.Impressed with the performance as the soap loaded easily,face lathered very well and just kept getting better with small amounts of water .Thick,rich,slick and residual glide was excellent.Scent was quite strong with the allspice dominant,(my first thought when smelling was cloves),yet the citrus came through as well.Aftershave was the same initially,but after around half an hour the spices softened and the citrus was prevalent,yet not overpowering and with the other ingredients that I honestly can't individually separate, left me smelling quite pleasant. A decidedly manly scent.
One daughter instantly noted the citrus when sniffing the A/S,with the elder noticing the spiciness.
Have a good weekend guys.

1 December 2018

SEC Championship Game SOTD

Alabama vs. Georgia

Bowl :: Symmetrical Pottery Shave Bowl
Razor :: CB Karve (D)
Blade :: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush :: Grizzly Bay Custom
PreShave :: Grooming Dept Preshave Cream V35
Soap :: Grooming Dept - Before the Fire
Finale :: Cold Water Rinse/Alum/Witch Hazel/A&E Platinum Barbershop AS

mYAObSz.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: P.160 Professional Tipo Morbido shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Choix Alfredus aftershave splash
Fragrance: Penghaligon's Halfeti EDP

Once upon a time young shavers P.160 was THE shaving soap. A cut above Cella, a classic Italian scent and only having limited availability. It produced (produces) great lather very easily and really is a wonderful soap. Once discontinued it became even more desirable. Small chunks were sold on shaving forums, copies where made, and now the final 1kg brick in commercial stocks is available - for $CAN2,500.

I have a TOBS tub almost full of this magical soap. Everytime I use it the world changes.

39lcy66l.jpg

Two days growth mown down like my backyard lawn yesterday! Now I can find the puppy when she ventures into the green stuff!

Over 30 degs here yesterday but no shave, back to 17 today so time for some menthol splash! It’s the perfect amount I guess. I’m very happy with it!

A few weepers today particularly that damned Adam’s apple! It all good after Alum and styptic repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.