SOTN 01/12/18
IMAG0311.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor: Ikon SBS + Bulldog II handle
Blade: Astra Green (3)
Bowl: Face lather
Soap: APR Lightning Ridge
Pre: Shower / Washpool Face Cleanser Bar + PAA Cube

Not the greatest pic but still a DFS. I'm no expert when it comes to pairing scents but this combination gets the misses tick of approval so that's OK with me (y) Happy shaves!

Date: 02 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger "Memphis" 26/55mm Knot
Soap/Cream:- The Body Shop Maca Root
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

Once upon a time young shavers P.160 was THE shaving soap. A cut above Cella, a classic Italian scent and only having limited availability. It produced (produces) great lather very easily and really is a wonderful soap. Once discontinued it became even more desirable. Small chunks were sold on shaving forums, copies where made, and now the final 1kg brick in commercial stocks is available - for $CAN2,500.

I have a TOBS tub almost full of this magical soap. Everytime I use it the world changes.

The 1950's sound like a raging time to be alive.

I regularly see this soap offered in bulk lots, for whatever reason it having lost a lot of it's perceived cachet over the years. I'm sure like many of the Italian soaps it's quite good, I'll get one of the lads to send me a few pucks across next time and Ill send them your way.

The 1950's sound like a raging time to be alive.

I regularly see this soap offered in bulk lots, for whatever reason it having lost a lot of it's perceived cachet over the years. I'm sure like many of the Italian soaps it's quite good, I'll get one of the lads to send me a few pucks across next time and Ill send them your way.

I have plenty - but thank you!

I think like many things it has been overtaken by the artisan revolution. I don't see it around much - but I don't frequent the exulted circles you do!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian
Well that shave was pretty damn good. Soap was slick, Timeless efficient, two passes, done and dusted. (y)

upload images for free

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger;
Soap: Tallow + Steel Boreal
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree and Witch Hazel; CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Knize Forest

First ever shave with a Schick Krona razor - a recent acquisition. Once I became accustomed to the lower mass, it was a delight to use. Very tactile, and despite being a mild razor, it gave good feedback. Also, the angle was easy to find. Three passes a a couple of buffs for a DFS+.

I matched the startlingly fresh Boreal soap scent with an equally robust fougère in the form of Knize Forest. Wonderful :D.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 'Platypus' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Big day in the Big [Parliament] House for me. I'm hoping that they take heed of the lyrics -

When the Generals talk
You better listen to him
When the Generals talk
You better do what he say

(Was in my head, not actually playing)​

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Moka Express yaqi
Soap/Cream: PA CaD
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 6 for first pass and backed down to plate 5 for last two
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
Post-shave: PA CaD splash

plate 6 is a joy to mow down the weekends growth, and backed down to plate 5 for last two passes.. such an awesome shave.. new ideas of getting another razor are quickly put to rest after using this razor..

Status
Not open for further replies.