Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

Getting ready for the day. Got my red t shirt on and goodies staged. ;)
From the Nico family, Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

Last edited:
Maybe I am your Cheeky Bastard Grinch, just wanted to say

giphy.gif

To all of you P&C wet shavers, Cheers 🍺👍

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Aqua Di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (1)
Post-shave: Aqua Di Palma Colonia after shave lotion
Fragrance: Aqua Di Palma Colonia EDC

Last year's present - this year's SOTD -

Wishing all at P&C a safe, joyous and blessed Christmas.

Last edited:
Shower
Rockwell 6S (4)
Lord Racer (3)
Omega 48
Dove Beauty Cream Bar

3 things brought this about with the Dove soap:
- I’m not sure my Lea shave stick is going to last until I get back to my den.
- A mate of mine swears by this soap for shaving.
- Mum loves the stuff and we are staying with her for Christmas.

The result was a 3 pass BBS with no irritation and a post shave feel to rival MWF, my previous favourite.

I rubbed the bar on my face a la shave stick and went to work. After starting out airy and foamy and after adding a lot of water, with quite a bit of lathering, I ended up with a slick and creamy lather. It takes awhile, even with the big boar, but it eventually ends up stable - I notice stearic is the second ingredient. It’s a Syndet (made in Germany) with rather a scary ingredient list (will have to look them up) but it didn’t break down.

Adding a post shave product would have ruined the excellent result. My skin feels like I haven’t shaved at all! Scent is nothing to speak of - may as well be unscented. A good alternative for those who can’t tolerate lanolin.

I’m going to have to do more experimenting and a back to back comparison with MWF when I get back to my den... good to know I can use this as a backup at the very least - although it could become a staple if I can find a way to lather it quicker.

Merry Christmas everyone!

pMJsf1K.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: XPEC Original
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Terre D'Hermes

A really great Christmas Shave. I was delighted to receive the Light Brigades as a gift from a valued friend who is a Canberran, whose office address is seat 2A on most Qantas jets, and is known around these parts as the General. Cheers, Mate.

Tempted as I was to break out the Festivus, I stayed strong and held out until the forthcoming WA meet on Jan 5. The Terre D'Hermes actually had a nice Christmas vibe, with the spice and orange notes.

Merry Christmas to all!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

Getting ready for the day. Got my red t shirt on and goodies staged. ;)
From the Nico family, Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

Nico,did the Daughter's partner like the Rockwell,or is that a retorical question

Nico,did the Daughter's partner like the Rockwell,or is that a retorical question

He just said wow. He had no idea about safety razor shaving. I explained the differences between cartridge vs safety razors and of course the benefits. I will give the young bloke instructions and a demo this evening. :)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Aqua Di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (2)
Post-shave: Aqua Di Palma Colonia after shave lotion
Fragrance: Aqua Di Palma Colonia EDC

Still as good today ...

N5T1mpnh.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb MnM
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Blacklands Sabre
Blade: GEM (1)
Got a bit carried away with the new blade and gave myself a few weepers but otherwise great shave. Catching up with more family today with the common theme of gifts being....... wait for it.......soap. I made a batch of liquid hand soap so there's a few soap dispensers amongst bar soap and shave soap for the boys. I wonder how many Christmas's before that gets old.:)

He just said wow. He had no idea about safety razor shaving. I explained the differences between cartridge vs safety razors and of course the benefits. I will give the young bloke instructions and a demo this evening. :)
Aaah the Godfather of Fred Flintstone is teaching the young bloke clam’s wet shaving

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Date: 26 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Williams Mug (tallow version)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Update...
After dispensing instructions and a practical demo the young bloke had his first shave with his new razor. He was blown away by how smooth and comfortable the shave was compared to a cartridge razor.

Pre shave: Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Astra Green
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Badger
Soap: Proraso White
Bowl: Mr's Nico's Mk3

Status
Not open for further replies.