Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage Gilette Spoiler
Post-shave: Omega Alum stick, Proraso green splash

Very satisfying shave. Proraso green may not be fashionable or upmarket, but it just works for me

tlOV8Mp.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: ATT SE1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (6)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Festivus

I often find lathering this soap a little difficult, so I utilised the "take no prisoners" M&F Tigris. I find this soap very thirsty, so it was a slow lather build, but worth it, with plenty of excellent lather for three passes. I'm now BBS and my face feels great. In my opinion, the strongest suite of this soap is its post shave - right up there with the very best.
The ATT SE1 and Schick Proline blade are such a terrific combination that I often forget to even mention them - they work beautifully together.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Ever-Ready Heavy Flat Top SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (9)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shave lotion
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDC

This is a very nice combination

Z8fKkiWl.jpg

Pre: hot shower and Proraso preshave cream
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade: Gillette platinum (5)
Soap: Caties Bubbles Tonsorial Parlour

Gonna be hot today! 🥵

The pre cream is excellent at cooling the shave down and effectively makes any soap mentholated in my opinion.

Used a sparingly small amount of splash and no greasiness to speak of.

Excellent shave result 👌

Date: 24 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger "Memphis" 26/55mm Knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sharp Dressed Man
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #13
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Stray Whisker Leura
Soap/Cream: Face Fat Iced Splice - a West Australian made soap, good hit of menthol
Razor: Krave (about only razor I seem to use nowadays)
Blade: Gillete vintage
Post-shave: Stray Whisker aftershave balm
Fragrance: A&E Frozen Mojitio

Nice shave in the humid weather we have been having. The Face Fat Shaving vegan soap is in my opinion a winner in scent and performance.

Had the same shave yesterday except used APR/Squadron Australia All splash - great splash in this weather also.

Shower
Rockwell 6S R2
Personna Lab Blue (4)
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes Soap
Omega 48
Proraso green balm (sample)

Yesterday's shave was so close I was questioning the need to shave this morning and that is very unusual for me. This time the shave was just as close but without the damage. A tiny bit of irritation but the balm dealt with that. Although, this balm seems to be like all the others I have tried and is starting to give me zits... will have to try washing it off afterwards.

I'm going through old soaps and giving them another go. Gave this one a long and thorough loading and the result was better than I remembered, although the work required means I won't be buying it again...

XyYhwW9.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fatboy....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Paladin El Dorado....
Soap: Chiseled Face Cryogen....
Post: Chiseled Face Cryogen Aftershave, AP Reserve Bombora EDT....

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage Gilette Spoiler
Post-shave: Omega Alum stick, Proraso green splash

Very satisfying shave. Proraso green may not be fashionable or upmarket, but it just works for me
Nothing wrong with Proraso green, classic scent and a reliable performer

i love the scent of proraso green soap and AS... i just cant get a good lather out of it.. lather looks amazing and so easy to make but for me it just doesnt have the slickness and feel of other soaps i have

I agree the slickness is harder to find than a number of other soaps. That fact alone would normally turn me off but with this one I just love the euc/menthol combo in summer. It's a classic for a reason. This makes it worth a bit more work for me. It's also cheap stuff so I load it like I hate it and then load some more - building lather in the tub while adding more and more water. With enough product and minimal bubbles from "tub lathering" this way, it will then take enough water to give it some decent slickness IME without breaking down. It just needs a lot of product and a lot of water with no bubbles to get there...

January SOTD with Squadron Soap
IMAG0365.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Omnishaver Premium
Face: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Soap: Squadron's Red Lead

Misses says it's smells nice so that's good enough for me :cigar:

Status
Not open for further replies.