Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter / APR LE Texaus shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter / APR LE Texaus aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

My heart sunk when I received this at my hotel in San Antonio on my recent trip and realised I would go home to a month of ARKO!

Many thanks to @nervosa1901 for grabbed me some when it was on sale in the US and then shipping to me when I arrived some months later (y)

I've heard a lot about the Noble Otter soaps and I certainly know why - they are great, rich, thick lather very quickly. The scent is from @todras, so enough said there too!

Overall a fantastic shave. While the ARKO! was fine this takes shaving to a whole new level :)

b7g8AQbl.jpg

Oh, BTW - like what you hear about this? Save up for the Charity Auction and the other set I purchased could be coming your way ...
Happy to oblige.

Soap/Cream: Mike's Shaving Soap Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve aftershave splash

I'm not sure why it is no Mike's March - it is a stellar soap as I think @alfredus will attest.

This was another purchased I grabbed in the US when there earlier this year as I wanted the set with the matching splash - unfortunately they sent the wrong one :(

Back in the day (that would be - like 2010) when Mike's was pretty much the pre-eminent artisan you just used his soaps with the then favoured aftershaves - can't go past the Clubman SR and no need for a fragrance!

2rec9ZNl.jpg

XU7N97T.jpg

Another fine shave with the R5 plate. The Barrister and Mann March is going well. This sample finished up today so into Sevillle tomorrow.

I really love the scent of the Stirling MITA. A very nice end to the shave.

Sorry if I've been away for a long, long while I've been busy. Here's the shave I just did a little bit ago :)

Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6 side plate)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Omega (Made in Italy)
Lather: Regular shave Cream

It's now official. I used every single plate and side on my Rockwell 6C razor. I like the R5 the best if I had to compare and choose.

Not sure why but last night my straight faced 7 days growth. Plenty of home office work and no "public" appearances :) helps beard growth.
I tried a sample from the pass around box last night as well and it was great. TOBS "Luxury" Thanks very much. The lather was excellent, held up easily for a full straight razor shave even though it is a bit longer than a DE in reality. The glide with the straight was excellent and the condition of the skin after the shave was also excellent. As a cream type soap it performed extremely well and for me "zero" irritation.
I noticed they also make a Sandalwood variation and wonder if anyone has tried that one and can give any feedback?

Steve

Date: 05 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil & Peppermint Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

26 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red Lead

Soap/Cream: Mike's Shaving Soap Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (4)
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve aftershave splash

Such a great lather from the Mike's. Nothing much scent wise but that is OK

2rec9ZNl.jpg

g9keHBbl.jpg

Last night I transferred the Seville sample to a larger dish as usual, and thought the scent was amazing. Was so excited to lather up in the morning, and the scent was nice to wake up to. The performance after only 1 shave is below the reserve base, but a number of factors could cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.