Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/8” Dovo Bergischer Lowe got a Full Naniwa progression to remove the factory scratches
6/8” New Azuma Got a Jnat run Uchimoguri to remove the factory edge then to the Nakayama Asagi with nagura progression
A couple of mighty fine looking razors.
The Dovo Bergischer Lowe looks very stylish and the Azuma a scary sharp precision tool.
Thanks for sharing the video.

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Wilkinson sword
Soap: Martin de Cadre Unscented
Brush: Razorock Plissoft.
Aftershave: Alum and Tallow + Steel Sicily

Since finishing T+S Sicily I've been working through my soaps. My previous shave was with MDC and I absolutely had to use it again today. Every time I use MDC I question why I bother with anything else. It's not the most glamorous soap nor is is the best smelling, but it gets the job done. With a sufficiently hydrated lather it performs similarly to Declaration grooming, Tallow + Steel, and Barrister and Mann. I understand that some people find the soap drying I, however, do not experience this. Once I work through my artisan soaps I may switch to MDC exclusively.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. I do not find MdC at all drying. I have L'Original and Agrumes. And once I get through my other soaps, I might follow you down this path.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac - Americana
Soap:- Simpsons - Lavender & Vetvier Luxury Shaving Cream
Razor:- Wals Solingen - Platypus Extra Hollow Ground
69QUqrL.jpg

Started straight shaving for the experience, overcoming your fears and all that, and now I am a believer in "once you go straight you never go back".
Cannot wait to retire and shave as often as I like at my leisure. Will have to sell off all DE's except a birth year Slim or 2 and go straight.

Date:- 25 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Petrichor
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Book 17 of 21.
682436.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: Squadron – Group Captains Blend

This soap / splash combo match perfectly. What an amazing scent, a must for anyone that loves tobacco scents

50135443562_f2b6aeddf7_b.jpg

I've got captains blend soap. Been tossing up buying the Puros soap too. Its not quite JUST pipe tabacco is it?

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac - Americana
Soap:- Simpsons - Lavender & Vetvier Luxury Shaving Cream
Razor:- Wals Solingen - Platypus Extra Hollow Ground
69QUqrL.jpg

Started straight shaving for the experience, overcoming your fears and all that, and now I am a believer in "once you go straight you never go back".
Cannot wait to retire and shave as often as I like at my leisure. Will have to sell off all DE's except a birth year Slim or 2 and go straight.

Sell off the wolfman as well? How many years till retirement Jeff? 😅

Charcoal Goods, Level 3, Open comb + Feather
Simpsons Lavender and Vetivert cream
Floris Pure

level 3, OC + Feather. The two day stubble did not stand a chance.

This is a seriously efficient razor and if I am not careful can easily cause a nick. However, if I take it nice and slow and really let the weight of the razor do the job I am rewarded with a seriously good shave.​

lVGsLJch.jpg

Soap: Pb Clary
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty 109 (7)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (vintage) (1)
Lovely shave with the Polsilver (Brown) and the Gillette adjustables never dissapoint. I hadn't used these blades for a while and was pleasantly surprised. I think I'll give it a run in the Wunderbar next.

Shower then Somerset's preshave
Merkur 37c slant
Personna Med prep (4)
Vito's Vegetale
Yaqi Rainbow 26mm pony knot
APR Restoration Serum

Great shave this morning with this combination. Not sure whether I should give the most credit to the new Vitos soap sample or the slant for the minimal irritation on my sensitive neck area. Either way I'm very happy with the results.

IMG-20200726-145436.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Black/Yellow/Clear 26mm 2 Band Finest Badger
Razor: RR Wunderbar Ti
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower
Post: Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, XTG, ATG, = Near BBS

Miserable weather outside but it hasn't stopped me from squeezing in a fantastic shave today! The Polsilver SI compliments the slant well, the sample soap smells/performs supreme, the badger is luxurious and lathered up easily in the bowl... Happy shaves!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Barrister Reserve Spice
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Barrister Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash
Scent: Mancera Cedrat Boise

Didn't quite get the lather consistency right with the Barrister Reserve soap, but it was still good enough to give me a smooth and close shave.

Pre: Hot shower. Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Green, Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre: Hot shower. Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Green, Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

Nico, how strong is the scent on the aftershave splash?

Brush: TF Customs Black/Yellow/Clear 26mm 2 Band Finest Badger
Razor: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower
Post: Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, XTG, ATG, = Near BBS

A shame the weather has been miserable as the last two shaves have been simple but enjoyable. Swapped the slant for the GC and managed to achieve similar results with good efficiency and smoothness! Finished off with the hand me down cologne + balm... Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 Slim (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

"Culled" my butterscotch lovelies to a 5 day set for the working week, will play with other brushes on the weekend -

KE3zxvEl.jpg

Gotta love the P&B Spitfire -

3Sr7hT7l.jpg

XGupL9al.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick P-30 (2)
AS: Pb Green Parrot
Despite it being a shedomatic, occasionally I just have to pull out the Zenith boar as it would be my favourite boar brush if it wasn't for the shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.