Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 Slim (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

o6WGmnjl.jpg

ATT S2 + Feather
Wholly Kaw, Project Leather
Simfix synthetic

It seemed like all the cool kids were breaking out their slants, so I felt the need to use my S2. I was not disappointed. I have not used this razor in a while it I was rewarded with a wonderful shave. I would rate this as good as my Charcoal Goods level 2 razors. As for the WK I have nearly finished the tub. Great lather, but the scent is not really for me.​

Brush: TF Customs Green Spiral Swirl 27mm Rhodium
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower
Post: APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+++

I was in a super hurry so no pic but still managed a quick and easy pre-work shave this morning. I've had this soap for ages and all I can say is its the poor man's version of Cella; with this one being a hard cube and Cella coming in a tub. Similar scent + performance so no real complaints, plus its from Serbia so win win! :)
The blade paired well with the Dart but trying to shave XTG felt a light rough so I wasn't tempted to chase near BBS and still managed a comfortable shave. I'm enjoying the new brush and find very little difference between this 27mm knot and my 30mm as the Rhodium is equally dense and luxurious on the face.:love: Happy shaves!

G3TZLnN_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-D
Gillette Nacet (2)
Barrister and Mann - Dickens Revisited
Barrister and Mann - Reserve Waves

I tried the D plate on the Karve for the first time today. My previous razor was a Merkur 34c, so this was easily the most aggressive shave with a DE razor so far. Two passes was enough, no nicks or weepers. I think I still prefer the C plate right now though.

Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
I've had this soap for ages and all I can say is its the poor man's version of Cella; with this one being a hard cube and Cella coming in a tub. Similar scent + performance so no real complaints, plus its from Serbia so win win! :)
Hi @Razor Burn you may have the wrong soap in SOTD. I didn't think @Pbgoose made soap in cubes that smell like Cella

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razors:- CB Brass Karve OC-D
Blade:- Astra(1)
Aftershave:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
qFiWK2Y.jpg

3. Your bare crotch??...... I wonder which razor did he use? my guess would be the Fatip Piccolo
Nothing with teeth that bites getting near this crotch @SpeedyPC :X3:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 Slim (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Barrister & Mann Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

g5m1clSl.jpg

Last edited:
Brush: RR Boar
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Polsilver SI (5)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Black Cherry
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower
Post: APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS +

A super quick and effortless pre-work shave this morning. Love the scent and performance of this soap and was surprised how well the 34C shaved with the Polsilver... Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.