A hot day with a nice cold refreshing shave to start the day

Monday‌ ‌11.16.20 ‌SOTD‌
vE6tXUR.jpg

Chiseled Face Natural Pre-Shave Gel
ATT Calypso S1 Slant / Astra‌ ‌Superior Platinum
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm Synthetic BOSS Knot
Chiseled Face Sherlock Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Sherlock Aftershave Splash
On its first outing, the ATT aluminum slant felt a bit more aggressive than my Fine aluminum slant. I also detected some drag compared to the Fine slant, which is polished. Fortunately the West Coast brush and Chiseled Face Sherlock soap produced a good slick lather, so the end result was a two-pass BBS (WTG and ATG). But I still need a few more shaves with the ATT to really get it dialed in.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' (6/5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: APR Acqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio

Dialled the Slim back a notch mid shave as I was getting a bit of irritation on the neck. Hmmm, interested to know why!

SqZhtfwl.jpg

IMG-20201116-195836.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm tuxedo
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C LE 2019//20 Charity Auction)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (3)
Soap: Squadron Soaps Scramble
Pre: Shower
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

A truly sublime shave as the razor hummed along with great performance from the blade and soap. Only let down is the supply as I can start to see the bottom so I'll certainly be buying more if it goes back in stock!
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

IMG-20201116-195836.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C LE 2019//20 Charity Auction)
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

A truly sublime shave as the razor hummed along with great performance from the blade and soap. Only let down is the supply as I can start to see the bottom so I'll certainly be buying more if it goes back in stock!

[sigh] - there is THAT razor again ...

What do you think of the CF Lime? I've only tried their lavender, and I've learned to be a little wary of lime, as it can cause irritation if it's overdone...
Funny you should ask, as I made a mental note on the scent this morning. On opening the lid, it smells so fresh. Really true lime olfactory notes, which must be down to the use of only essential oils. However, on the face and after a bit of a dry down (I got interrupted this morning by a screaming child) it smelt distinctly old manish and musty, not in a pleasant way. This could be due to the age of the tub, but I had not noticed this before. As for irritation I have never reacted to any soap that I have tried, so lucky in that respect.

IMG-20201116-195836.jpg

WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

[sigh] - there is THAT razor again ...
giphy.gif
Should’ve out bid that smartass badger

sotd.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Hell, I just realised I left this out of the picture! Never mind, we've all seen them, Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea Men balm

I keep trying to push my AC blades, but every time I do, I regret it afterwards. Yesterday was day 3 with one of those no-name Chinese blades, and although the shave itself was perfectly comfortable and pleasant, I felt stubbly when dried off. So today is another day, and a perfect BBS.

Warm water,Speick bar soap
34c+Nacet ..1
Aubrey Organics Spice Island brushless cream
Speick aftershave splash.
Great shave,coupled with the King Parrot eating from my wife's hand meant a good morning.
Just back from a long walk where we observed a healthy Python going about its business

Date:- 17 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Status
Not open for further replies.