TOBS Herbal‌ ‌Pre-Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
ATT Calypso Blue R1 plate
Astra‌ ‌Superior Platinum
Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip Badger
TOBS Peppermint Shaving Cream
TOBS Aftershave Balm
Looking nice! So how was the new razor? :nailbiting:

Looking nice! So how was the new razor? :nailbiting:
First shave I went with the R plate (medium aggression solid bar). It was not only smooth, bur also more efficient than I expected. DFS in two passes. Next I will try the H! plate (most aggressive solid bar) and after that the H2 plate (most aggressive open comb). Should be fun.

First shave I went with the R plate (medium aggression solid bar). It was not only smooth, bur also more efficient than I expected. DFS in two passes. Next I will try the H! plate (most aggressive solid bar) and after that the H2 plate (most aggressive open comb). Should be fun.
Happy shaves and look forward to reading your thoughts. (y)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice mid weeks shave!

epljkNHl.jpg

IMG-20201117-195614.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest Bulb
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (4)
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite
Pre: Shower
Post: AP Reserve Passione A/S splash // Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Creme
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A refreshingly good shave full of menthol goodness. Props to @Gargravarr for recommending the blade as it pairs well in the milder shavers as well.
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Brush:- TF Customs Ivory 24mm 2 band finest / P&C 2020 charity auction
Soap/Cream:- Saponificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver
Razor:- Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade:- Gillette - Stainless (16)
Post Shave:- Saponificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver AS/ Swiss - Daily face Moisturiser

2 pass + touchups WTG = DFS+. Blade has picked up its legs again and has delivered me 2 DFS+ since I last posted. Will continue on. ( damn I want to use another razor:D).

The soap Saponificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver. Scent strength medium to strong off the puck, AS is light to medium from the tube. Interesting container for the AS, comes in a aluminium cylinder. The aftershave is also interesting in that it is like a syrup, than a traditional splash or toner. Soap is triple milled, very easy to lather, and can take some water.

Soap scent notes from SV - The blend of Elemi, Incense, Orange and Artemisia flare up in the flowery, peppery, spicy heart. A multifaceted sillage of Black Pepper, Juniper Berries, Oregano and Lavandin swarms towards an elegant woody background sublimated by the precious Vetiver, the fresh Cloves and the seductive notes of Amber for a fragrance.

The scent notes and description above are spot on, better than I could of explained. I like the use of the incense, its not hippy or overdone, and works really well with the pepper and orange notes. The vetiver is mild and blended perfectly with the other scents. Complex, defined, and very masculine, the scent is winner in my books.(y)

To me it smells like Terre d' Hermes Intense Vetiver, and that's the fragrance I would pair with it.

Date:- 18 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

sotdw.png

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

First run for the new brush with my Desert Island Soap. Utterly sumptuous. Managed a perfect BBS even though I was a bit pressed for time.

... Props to @Gargravarr for recommending the blade as it pairs well in the milder shavers as well.
Blade: Gillette 7’Oclock Yellow...
Continue to be impressed with these blades, they have worked very well in every razor I have put one in so far.
I'm glad it's not just me being a fanboi. :giggle: Since I became aware of them, I have read a few mentions of Yellows as being a successor to the Spoiler. I don't know whether the comparison is apt or not, since I haven't had the opportunity to try a Spoiler, but Yellows are way cheaper and give a fantastic shave. If I had to have just one blade, this would be it.

I'm glad it's not just me being a fanboi. :giggle: Since I became aware of them, I have read a few mentions of Yellows as being a successor to the Spoiler. I don't know whether the comparison is apt or not, since I haven't had the opportunity to try a Spoiler, but Yellows are way cheaper and give a fantastic shave. If I had to have just one blade, this would be it.
And to think I had a tuck amongst my box of samples unused... :) They've quickly been added to my top 5 blades.
I believe I have an unused pack of Spoilers from the first CBR Meet Up I attended so look forward to comparing in the future. (y)

It’s not just me, gave my mate a tuck to try and he’s also ordering some.. he was very impressed

sotdw.png

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

First run for the new brush with my Desert Island Soap. Utterly sumptuous. Managed a perfect BBS even though I was a bit pressed for time.

That brush is absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.