Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: The Dead Sea

Another amazingly smooth Rocca BBS finished of with some lovely Dead Sea scent

50658299588_ea6a6a4c60_b.jpg

Razorine, premium
Astra SP
M6
Dec Grooming Original

Wow, that was close. Fair bit of blade exposure here, but letting the blade do the work was the trick (as is usually the case).​
How’s the weight and balance on the v2.0 Razorine during the shaves.

Razorine, premium
Astra SP
M6
Dec Grooming Original

Wow, that was close. Fair bit of blade exposure here, but letting the blade do the work was the trick (as is usually the case).​

Loving what I can see of the M6 brush ...

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
How are you enjoying the Lavender, Speedy?

How are you enjoying the Lavender, Speedy?
Jeff's Lavender smells very very sharp and bright straight from my nose and the scent is a bit uncomfortable from my nose, however, it's very relaxing throughout my whole body during the shave.

I've never smelled Jeff's Lavender that bloody sharp, what about you? do you find this soap smells very sharp?

Edit: I have Declaration Grooming Pure Lavender which smells heap better.

Weekend Shaves

IMG-20201129-211516.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm tuxedo // Proraso Omega boar :(
Head: Headblade Moto
Razor: Rocca V4 R96 // Rocca V4 R96
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1, 2)
Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Rover bowl
Post: Nivea 2 phase A/S lotion // AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+ // DFS

Some experimental shaves this weekend trying the GSB blade and the shaves were buttery smooth but not as close/longevity as I seek when using the Rocca. Great performance from the sample but was let down using the boar as it struggled to replicate the lather produced by the tuxedo knot...

Rankings for blades tested: 1) Wizamet SI; 2) 7 O'clock Yellows; 3) GSB; 4) Bic Chrome; 5) Nacet/Astra Blues

Jeff's Lavender smells very very sharp and bright straight from my nose and the scent is a bit uncomfortable from my nose, however, it's very relaxing throughout my whole body during the shave.

I've never smelled Jeff's Lavender that bloody sharp, what about you? do you find this soap smells very sharp?

Interesting how everyone's nose is different. I don't think "sharp" is a word I'd use about MWJL, I'd say it's quite mild, with just a hint of spiciness (I guess from all the different sources of lavender). Not as powerful and pure as Castle Forbes, but a lot more "real" than B&M, which I think is a little old-ladyish. I haven't tried the DG soap, but now you mention it, I should check it out. So many options for the lavender-head :love:

Edit: I've just found out I'll probably never get to try the DG soap. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Interesting how everyone's nose is different. I don't think "sharp" is a word I'd use about MWJL, I'd say it's quite mild, with just a hint of spiciness (I guess from all the different sources of lavender). Not as powerful and pure as Castle Forbes, but a lot more "real" than B&M, which I think is a little old-ladyish. I haven't tried the DG soap, but now you mention it, I should check it out. So many options for the lavender-head :love:

Edit: I've just found out I'll probably never get to try the DG soap. Oh well... :rolleyes:
I'd also say that Jeff's Lavender is a spicy Lavender...

Status
Not open for further replies.