Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Face Wash
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow
Brush: Matilda – 2 band silvertip badger
Soap: MdC Argumes

BBS Armageddon?? is there such a thing? Gave it a crack with 5 passes (4 on neck)

WTG, XTG, XTG (other way), ATG + extra ATG on the face. You can safely assume BBS has been achieved 😊

McD is fast becoming my favourite soap and the Argumes paired perfectly with the RAWR splash, which is an excellent summer splash for sure

50655480222_e16d7b08ba_b.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Brush:- Wolf Whiskers - custom / Maggards 2 band SHD 30mm Fan
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter - Firefighter
Razor:- Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade:- Gillette - Stainless (20)
Post Shave:-
Noble Otter - Firefighter AS Splash / Nivea Men Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+. 20 SHAVES ON THE SAME BLADE.:eek:
There is still life in the blade. Although not as sharp there is this efficiency and smoothness that I have not experienced with other blade and razor combo. This R94 and Gillette Stainless are my No.1 all time daily shaving combo. Not one weaper or bit of irritation in 20 shaves. All the soaps I have used have all been great and done their job well. I have now hand stopped the blade ready for shave 21. @SpeedyPC is definitely onto something with the blade swapping. I can confirm side 3/4 of the blade facing up felt smoother.

The Brush Knot - The Maggards 30mm SHD knot felt fantastic. This is one knot that that could be a contender for the super heavy weight title fight against the Rhodium. (y)

The Soap, Noble Otter Firefighter. Scent strength from the puck and splash are both medium., soap and the splash smell the same. Scent notes, Grapefruit, Lavender, Red Cedarwood, Water, Sandalwood and Ambergris. I would describe the scent as aquatic with a woodsy undertone. The intial scents of lavender and grapefruit rounded out with the cedarwood, sandlewood, dark watery scent, ambergris. Yes I can cleary pick up the synthetic ambergris as the last scent in the scent profile, and no it doesn't stink like whales vomit. This is a really nicely thought out rounded scent. To me this is a classy masculine scent which shares some similarity to Calvin Klein Eternity, and could be used for all seasons. I give this scent a thumbs up (y)

There is still life in the blade. Although not as sharp there is this efficiency and smoothness that I have not experienced with other blade and razor combo. This R94 and Gillette Stainless are my No.1 all time daily shaving combo. Not one weaper or bit of irritation in 20 shaves. All the soaps I have used have all been great and done their job well. I have now hand stopped the blade ready for shave 21. @SpeedyPC is definitely onto something with the blade swapping. I can confirm side 3/4 of the blade facing up felt smoother.
giphy.gif

I’m totally mind blown! You mean blade flipping, flip the blade over every two or three shaves to be able to reach the maximum used per blade life.

Depending on your stubble as YMMV.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Brush:- Wolf Whiskers - custom / Maggards 2 band SHD 30mm Fan
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter - Firefighter
Post Shave:-
Noble Otter - Firefighter AS Splash / Nivea Men Deep Moisturiser

The Brush Knot - The Maggards 30mm SHD knot felt fantastic. This is one knot that that could be a contender for the super heavy weight title fight against the Rhodium. (y)

The Soap, Noble Otter Firefighter. Scent strength from the puck and splash are both medium., soap and the splash smell the same. Scent notes, Grapefruit, Lavender, Red Cedarwood, Water, Sandalwood and Ambergris. I would describe the scent as aquatic with a woodsy undertone. The intial scents of lavender and grapefruit rounded out with the cedarwood, sandlewood, dark watery scent, ambergris. Yes I can cleary pick up the synthetic ambergris as the last scent in the scent profile, and no it doesn't stink like whales vomit. This is a really nicely thought out rounded scent. To me this is a classy masculine scent which shares some similarity to Calvin Klein Eternity, and could be used for all seasons. I give this scent a thumbs up (y)
Wowzers!!! Great to see such a positive shave and I look forward to adding a 30mm SHD knot to my collection & the Gillette Stainless blades once I find them available. (y)

Beautiful looking brush and matches perfectly with NO Firefighter colour scheme :)(y)

WOOHOO! 🎉You must be getting bored. I rarely go past 2 weeks even if the blade is still performing 😫😦🥱

Peter did a great job on the brush. Set the loft at 54mm, perfection.

Sort of bored, sort of intrigued how much mileage the blade will give. As soon as the efficiency drops, I will change razors.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Charity Auction shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' (5)
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (7)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

This really is a very nice shave combo.

EPQSKXcl.jpg

Pre: Face Wash
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow
Brush: Matilda – 2 band silvertip badger
Soap: MdC Argumes

BBS Armageddon?? is there such a thing? Gave it a crack with 5 passes (4 on neck)

WTG, XTG, XTG (other way), ATG + extra ATG on the face. You can safely assume BBS has been achieved 😊

McD is fast becoming my favourite soap and the Argumes paired perfectly with the RAWR splash, which is an excellent summer splash for sure

50655480222_e16d7b08ba_b.jpg
feeling your love for the MdC. These were high on my desert island soap list too.

sotdsu.png

Pre-shave:
Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art custom "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional Super (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

With the weather suddenly turning wet and miserable, I was tempted to follow the crowd and break out the Two Kings, but it was at the bottom of the pile. The scent of the CF is always a pick-me-up though...

Status
Not open for further replies.