oMkSJAp.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger;
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor: Long Handle Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol Blue Aftershave Splash
Scent: Lapidus Pour Homme

A light touch with the Blackbird loaded with a very sharp Gillette Swede blade gives me a terrific and super-efficient shave.
Gorgeous lather from the ever reliable but sadly departed Haslinger Schafmilch tallow soap.
But the World is not perfect; foolishly going for a couple of extra buffs on my chin when I was already supersmooth resulted in an annoying nick.
The Thayers and Myrsol took care of things without having to resort to alum. Finished with that wonderful '80s powerhouse, Lapidus Pour Homme.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Winterfell soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Winterfell splash
Fragrance: N/A

Been wanting to try this since purchase on the B/S/T here and now the season for it. Used the P&C LE Platypus from the amazing @Tony Forsyth after being inspired by @alfredus using his yesterday. Great shave all round!

Those Platypus brushes really are fantastic. I rate them against anything else I own or have tried.

Those Platypus brushes really are fantastic. I rate them against anything else I own or have tried.

They are, my auction win last year though is even better ...

They are, my auction win last year though is even better ...
Give @Tony Forsyth a BIG FAT LIPPA CORONA WET KISS for making a fantastic handle and also... GO and SHAVE @alfredus beard off for drinking too much milk in summer for organising the badger knot

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (3)

Not really sure about the Winterfell. Performance is great but I don't get much os a scent from it - anyone else?

Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (3)

Not really sure about the Winterfell. Performance is great but I don't get much os a scent from it - anyone else?

Interesting. I scored a tub off BST some time back and the scent is still clear off that puck. You sold me Mycroft some time back and I think of Winterfell and Mycroft as like 2nd cousins. Do you think there's something in those scent profiles you don't pick up on so well or has the lid been a bit loose on your Winterfell and you've lost some of the scent? Are you saying the same thing about the aftershave? I guessing it hasn't 'lost' it's scent.
Maybe because it's fridge cold in Canberra? Winterfell is definitely one of those scents that doesn't work in summer.

Date:- 09 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Fatboy, Personna Red, The Platypus, and APR Fresca Intensa S & AS.

Really love the Fresca Intensa scent, really remind me of 4711 which we had in the house when I was growing up so it's complete nostalgia for me.

This again, but some random modern Wilk in the Fatboy. Quite a bit sharper then the Personna.

The Easter bunny has some surprises in store for all of you :D
Keep your eyes and wallet peeled.

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Stainless steel mug from China
Brush:- TurnNshave Full moon knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella
Razor/Blade:- Brass Karve CB OC-D with new Polsilver SI
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

My first shave with my new/second hand Karve. I last shaved on Monday arvo as I was hoping the razor would arrive on Wednesday but it finally arrived today. So, with a 3 day growth and more than a little apprehension about my first shave with an open comb razor, I began. Not 30 seconds into the shave I realised my fears were unfounded, and as I progressed I became increasingly confident and happy. The Karve was indeed carving through the growth. Felt a little 'grabby' once or twice, but with a new Polsilver and more growth than I usually attack with my GC 84p I was more than happy. After fearing blood on the floor, I finished with nary a nick or scratch. A splash with SpeedyPC's magic mix produced little sting and after 2 passes I had a DFS approaching BBS. Very, very happy; it's beautiful and shaves beautifully. Thanks Curly.
Karve.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Rapira platinum lux
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Omega - 10065 Natural Bristle
Soap:- Col. Conk - Bay Rum
Razor:- Karve OC - "D"
Blade:- Astra SP(6)
Aftershave:- Ogallala - Bay Rum & Sandalwood
kJTLEJP.jpg

TBH I attributed the "Blissful" shave to the razor but after today's repeated use of cheap as chips Col. Conk it is a very smooth lather. Not a creamy cushioning lather more of a well lubricated glide
Thanks for the Ogallala - Bay Rum & Sandalwood @Mark1966 it was a pleasant surprise out of the bottle. Very sweet more like Vanilla Icing than Bay Rum but dried down to a nice spicy bay scent.

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

Thought I would give a feather another go, got a very close shave at the expense of a few weepers, felt slightly tender at the time and the splash reconfirmed this.. an hour later and the skin has settled nicely and man what a close shave..

49752909402_f8163503c8_h.jpg

Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger soap
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Ahhhh

2lZCiKBl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.