Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 10 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Kai Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

49756493547_ae6929fab2_b.jpg

Floris 89 // IBERIA Bassat // MF 2xl Finest

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Bowl: From the ashes – Bushfire Collection – Double Ring bowl
Brush: From the ashes – Bushfire Collection – Dark Horse 26mm
Soap: Stirling :- Texas on Fire
Str8: Dubl Duck - Goldedge
Aftershave: Stirling :- Texas on Fire
gWu0mOQ.jpg

NM7fp7E.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum

The 2-band silvertip from Rhodium knots is just magic - super dense and very very luxurious - feel like I am in badger heaven :)

I hope you all have a great Easter weekend (y)

Date:- 11 April 2020

Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Yellow Tail Big Bold Red

Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
Another excellent shave with the Charcoal Goods razor. Smooth and comfortable, mows down the whiskers with ease.

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless "Aussie Spoiler" (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfiresplash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

I was so bummed a couple of years ago when I just arrived back in Australia having been through the UK to find out that the Spitfire splash had been released. I was very excited to be going back to the UK earlier this year, when you could do that sort of thing, and arranged with @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau to purchase a couple of bottles and have it shipped to my hotel. @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau was great to deal with, put up with my OCD anxiety and it all went very well. I know that many vendors, and hotels, hate these arrangements as so much can go wrong, but @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau was a champ!

So glad it happened to - this is a great bit of kit!

1IbcXE7l.jpg

MTVe3fMl.jpg

Extraordinary shave this morning. Going to be hard to beat that for the rest of the week. It felt fine throughout, smooth, efficient, but nothing noticeably different except the irritation free BBS it left me with.:)(y)

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Myrrlin (finished)
Brush: Bernard
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: French Nacet (3)
AS: Old Spice

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Green
Soap: Tabac original Cream
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Awesome Easter Sunday shave. You can't go wrong with the GC84.

Date:- 12 April 2020

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #6

CPKSk6jl.jpg

Recent razor I picked up on the second hand market at a price I couldn’t pass up. I’ve now shaved twice with the Game Changer .84-P and both excellent shaves. Zero irritation and the shave closeness was top quality and long lasting, well into the evening. On 2 days growth it was also BBS although the Voskhod felt much better on the second pass than the first pass.

Hope you all have a happy Easter 🐣

Recent razor I picked up on the second hand market at a price I couldn’t pass up. I’ve now shaved twice with the Game Changer .84-P and both excellent shaves. Zero irritation and the shave closeness was top quality and long lasting, well into the evening. On 2 days growth it was also BBS although the Voskhod felt much better on the second pass than the first pass.

Welcome to the GC-84P admirers club @tim33z, the only thing that lets it down is the price. If we paid $500 it would be top shelf.
PS: I better go put my hard hat on for the Wolfie fan club's retort

Welcome to the GC-84P admirers club @tim33z, the only thing that lets it down is the price. If we paid $500 it would be top shelf.
PS: I better go put my hard hat on for the Wolfie fan club's retort
Thanks mate, though the build quality of the GC is great, the Wolfman is leagues ahead. I still very much love using my WR2 but yearned for something that gets excellent reviews wherever I look. And for a much lesser price, I couldn’t turn this opportunity down. Also glad to see you e been enjoying the Karve OC/D plate too!

CPKSk6jl.jpg

Recent razor I picked up on the second-hand market at a price I couldn’t pass up. I’ve now shaved twice with the Game Changer .84-P and both excellent shaves. Zero irritation and the shave closeness was top quality and long-lasting, well into the evening. On 2 days of growth, it was also BBS although the Voskhod felt much better on the second pass than the first pass.

Hope you all have a happy Easter 🐣

The Game Changer .84-P is a fantastic razor in my den and the only disappointment I don't like is the blade loaded onto the base plate is a real pain in the ass when removing and loading the blade by hand.

I strongly prefer the blade should be loaded onto the top cap and not onto the base plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.