Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: EverReady "E-bar" SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

APR Fenchurch - soap. OK, I've got to say that the soap base in this APR Fenchurch by @nsavage is just superb. It is so ridiculously easy to get a great lather it should almost be outlawed. I'm not sure if this is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever generation of base - but it is simply sublime. Makes for a great start to a great shave on a Friday I think it is ...

Thanks @Mark1966

There was only ever one version of my soap base.

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Semogue 820
Soap: Tallow + Steel Sicily
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Sicily

First run with the Semogue today. As expected, there was an incredible amount of scritch and scratch. Hopefully it doesn’t last too long. I’m not a fan of the handle as it is too small and I struggled to hold it comfortably. I did lose about 10-12 bristles. I however cannot deny the results. The proto lather was slick enough to shave with and the resultant lather was one the best I’ve created. Tallow + Steel is an excellent soap in all regards. It’s very easy to load/lather and its slickness and post-shave feel is up there with the best. I’ve already reached the bottom of the tub and will become the second soap I’ve finished by this time next month. Every shave with T+S was a good shave. The Wolfman continues to provide smooth and efficient shaves.

jR34yxAl.jpg

Soap: Pb Black Spruce
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (3)
AS: Pb Black Spruce

Thanks @Mark1966

There was only ever one version of my soap base.

Well excuse my ignorance then, hard to keep up with what is happening in the artisan world sometimes.

This soap is certainly a cracker though.

Date:- 15 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Knot Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R4)
Blade: Astra Superior (2)

A much better shave today, probably a BBS- standard. The Yaqi is settling in nicely and the lathering today was a lot more consistent albeit still a little too wet for my liking - I'm going to try loading it dry or with minimal water tomorrow to see how that goes. Overall still an enjoyable shave - I almost think that the 2nd shave on the Astra SPs is the sweet spot...

Pre: Hot Towel
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Valobra Cologne
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Simpson - The Harvard Best Badger
Soap:- Squadron - Red Lead
Razor:- Karve - SB "E"
Blade :- Gillette Rubie (5)
Aftershave:- Squadron - Red Lead
xPLZsFe.jpg

Another fantastic close, smooth and efficient shave with Karve and Rubie combination

@Razor Burn Give the Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum blades a go. Also a smooth comfortable blade.
Thanks mate. Amazing how different blades work and I have a bunch of sample blades I've yet to try. Add these to the list (y)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: EverReady "E-bar" SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (7)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Well my week with the 'E-bar" and APR Fenchurch has come to an end. What a wonderful week it was!

The 'E-bar' not only looks great - it is a gret razor to use with sensational results.

The APR Fenchurch is an outstanding set, really high performing soap from @nsavage and a just wonderful scent from @todras.

Date:- 16 May 2020 ... World Whisky Day

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Ardbeg 10yrs old

giphy.gif

Pre-shave: Shower/Proraso White Pre-Shave
Brush: From the ashes – Bushfire Collection – Dark Horse 26mm
Cream: Proraso White - Green Tea & Oatmeal
Str8: Dubl Duck - Goldedge
Touchups: Karve SB-E Gillette Rubie (6)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
The Dark Horse doesn't create the most photogenic lather but man was it smooth
hA6CzrO.jpg

I think I might have hit glass today - "smooth as glass" that is
Aftershave:- Squadron - Red Lead
Being Saturday didn't shave until 17:00 and was smelling the Red Lead from yesterday morning's shave every time worked up a sweat or wet the face

Pre: Proraso Green PreShave Cream
Razor: Timeless SB 95 SS
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Proraso Azur Lime Cream

This cream is a must for any proraso fans, so slick with loads of protection. The shave was silky smooth, really concentrated on pressure today, and no buffing over areas I just shaved (for a change). Resulted in one of the best T95 shaves to date leaving this razor a firm favorite in the den for some time to come

really enjoying shaving at night, finding it very relaxing... therapeutic

49900329643_4fc9c7763e_b.jpg

Saturday straight razor day

Pre: Shower and hot towel
Soap: A & E Barbiere sofisticato
Bowl: hand turned wooden bowl
Brush: synthetic badger brush
Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8
Post: witch hazel and glycerin with cedarwood essential oil
EDT: Dolce & Gabana ‘the one’
Music: Led Zepplin es

New soap and bowl today, the bowl was turned by a mate and felt nice in the hand. The new A&E soap was a nice scent not too overpowering but provided a nice rich lather and cushion very happy with it. I have the st Barts to try next! Come on whiskers grow damn you!😂 The shave was a smooth one but the Ralf aust just doesn’t seem to be in the same league as my wade and butcher for smoothness, finished up with two passes as I felt like I was pushing a little. After clean up I decided to run the Ralf aust over the polywebbing strap with the chromox on it, it might just need refreshing. All in all a happy shave

Pre: Proraso Green PreShave Cream
Razor: Timeless SB 95 SS
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Proraso Azur Lime Cream

This cream is a must for any proraso fans, so slick with loads of protection. The shave was silky smooth, really concentrated on pressure today, and no buffing over areas I just shaved (for a change). Resulted in one of the best T95 shaves to date leaving this razor a firm favorite in the den for some time to come

really enjoying shaving at night, finding it very relaxing... therapeutic

49900329643_4fc9c7763e_b.jpg
I have been shaving at night too @StratMan it is so much nicer taking your time and enjoying the shave. I’ve brought a Bluetooth speaker into the bathroom for a bit of blues and rock too😀🤘

I have been shaving at night too @StratMan it is so much nicer taking your time and enjoying the shave. I’ve brought a Bluetooth speaker into the bathroom for a bit of blues and rock too😀🤘

mate i also have a bluetooth speaker, a jbl charge 4, with spotify on the phone music is taken anywhere. i had never even considered taking it with me for a shave, and i have no idea why??? therapy is for all the senses and i love rock n blues so i guess tomorrow there will be some tunes in the background.. cheers @Schmicko (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.