Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41+ brass handle
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo

Love the blade feel this razor gives, touch was light and shave was that smooth I did an extra fourth pass just on the face.. I love this razor and wish the made a ss version

both @Errol and @Holiday have encouraged/enabled me to frankenize my r41 further with a yaqi mellon head top cap.

This cap is supposed to improve the r41 smoothness, which I find to be more than enough as is anyway.. not sure how long aust post will take these days but its on the way :)

49908561611_d8d2ba4970_b.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Omega 11047 - Mini Mixed Badger & Boar Bristle
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razor:- Blackland Dart
Blade:- Gillette Rubie (1)
Aftershave:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier

7FmiayG.jpg

Super smooth shave from the Dart and Rubie combination. Minimal stubble regrowth after 14Hrs

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage UK Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash / balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Thick fog in CBR this morning, one of those days I would be hoping on be on the first plane out which would have arrived last night, as opposed to being on a later flight that cannot get in. Ahhh, those were the days ...

Lovely morning to be wrapped in the HetV Cognac and Cuban Cigars.

Last edited:
ABc9tfI.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- Wade with an insert.
Brush:- Yaqi 24mm tuxedo Twilight
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Rodgers & Son 6/8 wedge
Post/After-shave:- Thayers Witch Haze cucumber
Fragrance:- Tabac original

Classic TABAC :)

Date:- 19 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Admiral
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

I always keep forgetting how enjoyable using the vintage Gillette Fatboy, I blame @Mark1966 for not encouraging me to use my vintage Gillette Fatboy more often, otherwise, he wasn't fully aware that I had three vintage Gillette Fatboy and one Gillette Slim adjustable in my den.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I had three vintage Gillette Fatboy and one Gillette Slim adjustable in my den.

Now three might be a little excessive when @nav1 is looking for one

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5 plate)
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Bowl: Pereira Shaving bowl
Soap: Cella
Pre: Shower
Post: RR New York splash // G&M Australian Cream Sorbolene lotion

A super smooth pre-work shave this morning with the 6S on the milder R5 plate and whilst a comfortable shave, I was noticing patches of regrowth in my troublesome spot (right side of chin) by lunch time which was disappointing as my face felt smooth when leaving the house. Guess I'll need to up the efficiency levels for Wednesday mornings shave...:unsure: Finished off with some lotion and RR splash which has a refreshing scent and hints of menthol which went well with the chilly morning :eek: Happy shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Semogue Owners Club - Limited Edition Boar
Soap:- Stirling - Island Man
Razor:- Blackland Dart
Blade:- Gillette Rubie (2)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Island Man

Rqptncq.jpg

Amazingly close smooth shave with Dart/Rubie combination. The Dart was so close this morning felt like a magnet held against the side burns, must have been some surface adhesion but not sticky, still slick.

Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi mew brown knot
Soap: Group Captain’s Blend - Squadron

Got my squadron soaps today and from the moment I opened the tub and I knew I loved it. This scent is amazing, I love it and feel it paired very well with the proraso red. Whipped up an amazing lather with plenty of slickness and cushion. Compared to yday’s R41 shave, the WR2 felt totally smooth with next to no blade feel.

Three nice passes later and ended with a comfortable shave, the scent in the bathroom was amazing……. all I missed was the music tonight lol

49911878793_1c7b17d2e8_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 boar
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage UK Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash / balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

The softness of this boar is incredible, but let's talk about the 'Fatboy' - the first mass produced adjustable razor. It dominated the market in its time and given the costs and difficulty of replicating it even now it was a marvel, a huge leap forward.

To use the 'Fatboy' is a joy, well balanced, good heft, overall a wonderful razor deserving of the admiration.

but let's talk about the 'Fatboy' - the first mass produced adjustable razor. It dominated the market in its time and given the costs and difficulty of replicating it even now it was a marvel, a huge leap forward.

To use the 'Fatboy' is a joy, well balanced, good heft, overall a wonderful razor deserving of the admiration.
The vintage Gillette Fatboy is far better than the Rockwell Model T crap, I’m so glad, I’ve sold the Model T last year.

I’ve kept my three Fatboy’s, one Slim and also forgot that I have three Gillette Super adjustable in my den, two short handle and one long handle.

CjoyMoj.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Knot Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R4)
Blade: Feather (1)

Missed yesterday's shave - waay to busy, plus it was a down and dirty attempt at getting rid of my stubble before an enthralling day of video calls... :banghead: Lather game has stepped up a notch, switched blades this shave too. Got pretty damn close to a two-pass BBS with the feather. I was wary of using feather blades again as last time they were pretty brutal, especially around my chin and neck area. This time around, it was a pretty good and bloodless shave with no burn - don't know if this is the razor or the better slickness of the Squadron soap base compared to the Body Shop cream I was using prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.