Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - 28mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: A&E The Club - Signature
Razor: Karve CB - Copper C145 (E)
Blade: Personna - Lab Blue (1)
Post-shave: A&E The Club Signature AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Great shave with this razor & blade combo.

YSOTD

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling - Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

My go-to shave setup. Except for this...

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: Arko
BRUSH: Maggards Best Badger knot
STROP: Black Beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Jimmy Choo Mann
yHhZ5uV.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Dscosmetic T4
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus
Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless Red & White (2)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

Last night's shave. Despite feeling a little off from 2nd Pfizer jab administered early evening, the stars aligned for a near perfect shave. BBS, no nicks, no burn.

SOTW

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Time for a spot of regicide before summer starts in earnest...

Tim Keech Memorial auction for the Cancer Council Inspired Shave

IMG-20211011-175558.jpg

Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Shades of Blue & Gold Tuxedo Shaving Brush (2019)
Razor: One of a kind Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor (2019/20)
Blade: Astra Green (1) (1)
Pre: Shower
Bowl/Scuttle: HG Pottery Australia Quantum Puce Shaving Scuttle COVID-19 Edition with Soap Cup (2020)
Soap: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood
Post: Alum Block // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Tis the season for giving and what better time than Charity Auction time!!! :love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

IMG-20211011-175558.jpg

Razor: One of a kind Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor (2019/20)
Bowl/Scuttle: HG Pottery Australia Quantum Puce Shaving Scuttle COVID-19 Edition with Soap Cup (2020)

Tis the season for giving and what better time than Charity Auction time!!! :love:

Love the shave, jealous about that razor ...

IMG-20211011-175558.jpg

Love the shave, jealous about that razor ...
giphy.gif

IMG-20211011-175558.jpg

Nice work with the loo-shot. :LOL: What are your thoughts on the soap? I never got to try it when it was generally available, but it is just about obtainable still for the man who's prepared to wait...

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- BSB Spain 24mm
Razor: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Soap:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
Blade:- Gillette Minora (8)
Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer

AkHGKPj.jpg

Nice work with the loo-shot. :LOL: What are your thoughts on the soap? I never got to try it when it was generally available, but it is just about obtainable still for the man who's prepared to wait...
Hahaha I'm very limited for bench space in the bathroom and no way I am risking dropping the razor or scuttle as both prized items in the den.

Its a typical B&M base which performs well. Not a big fan of the scent as I generally don't like earthy notes and for me it would be better as just Lime & Lavender as they seem to combine well. I have another soap with Cedarwood in it and its certainly a strong addition that seems to overpower other notes but that's just me. I'd prefer to try other B&M soaps before I'd rush to get another tub/bottle...

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Minora (2)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man EDT

So, so good!

xOofv1Wl.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - 28mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: A&E The Club - Fruit de la Passion
Razor: Karve CB - Copper C145 (E)
Blade: Personna - Lab Blue (2)
Post-shave: A&E The Club - Fruit de la Passion AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Another great shave with this razor & blade combo, super smooth.

The Soap - A&E The Club - Fruit de la Passion. Scent strength medium for the soap and light to medium for the splash. Scent notes, Passion Fruit, Passion flower, Cinnamon leaf, Fig Leaf, Green herbaceous notes, Black Pepper, Blackberry, Light florals, Ylang Ylang, Coriander Seed, Australian Sandalwood, Himalayan Cedar.

This is a very well blended soap. Fruity opening with green middle notes, woodsy base to tie the fragrance together. The fruit opening top notes are not citrus. This is predominately passionfruit, with a little sweetness and dryness from the Fig, and dark sweetness from the blackberry. Middle notes add a bit of bright greenness from the passionfruit flower, ylang ylang adds a light floral sweetness, the green herbaceous notes and coriander seed, and also a darker sweet/spicey green note. Pepper is there to tame the green notes and keep the middle notes in order. I also see mention of cinnamon, which again is very light and not overdone. The cedar and sandalwood in the base notes are interesting, as they are present, though not interfering. The cedar makes its presence slightly more in the splashes dry down than the soap.

Overall I really liked this one and it definitely a favourited soap for spring or summer weather. The top notes are the best non citrus fruit opening I have smelt in a long time. I also like the fact the soap/splash is non interfering to any warm weather fragrance you wish to use. So it's a definite (y)(y) 2021 new soap liking from me.

Before I go I would like to make reference that this soap is most defiantly not a copy of the controversial B&M - Passiflora. I won't bore you with details you can read that info here Click. Basically Passiflora scent notes make it an aromatic fouguere, and Fruit de la passion is a more a hybrid oriental / chypre.

Status
Not open for further replies.