oxgP7i8.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- Sawdust Creations
Soap:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
Razor:- #58 - Aussie Aristocrat Junior
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (7)
Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer

CJNDZHB.jpg

The #58 and Aussie Spoiler is winning the smooth and efficient shave off with Timeless and Minora.
But don't take my word for it grab yourself a Vintage Gillette Cased #58 generously donated by @Mastropiero at this years 2021 Memorial Auction for the Cancer Council

5WQlikJ.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Squadron Empire
Razor: Schick Krona (right side of face), Aristocrat #58 (left side of face, final buff)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

I definitely lucked out on this vintage purchase. They were either NOS or really cared for by previous owner judging by the conditions of their heads and plating. The 4 hour detergent soak had practically no grime floating about. Unfortunately, the SS was on its last legs after the 1st pass, but I soldiered on. A fair bit of buffing was required.

The Krona lived up to its mild reputation; a sharper blade would have upped the efficiency. It is still a lithe handling razor thanks to its light head-biased weight. The T-bar is a bit short though so had to make sure the blade was in the middle before clamping down.

The Aristocrat 58 re-affirmed my newfound predilection for British Gillette TTOs. It was Goldilocks; not aggressive but not mild either. Only let down by the blade.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Minora (3)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

Have some heavy meetings this morning about some complex issues, so this software seemed appropriate - it will be the outcome.

Now to see if it refers to me or thee ...

wQIu2J8l.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Jeet & Co - 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Satsuma
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora SS (1)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - Aspen / Nivea Men - Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another great shave under the circumstances. You will never see a cartridge razor in my Dopp kit!

Last edited:
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Jeet & Co - 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Satsuma
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora SS (1)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - Aspen / Nivea Men - Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another great shave under the circumstances. You will never see a cartridge razor in my Dopp kit!
Hope they're looking after you there, and that your condition isn't too serious. Do you know when they're letting you out?

Hope they're looking after you there, and that your condition isn't too serious. Do you know when they're letting you out?

If all goes well, another week of involuntary commitment. Yes they are looking after me. The covid situation is very depressing though. It's pretty much like hotel quarantine except I get to exercise 3 times a day, no visitors or outdoor walks.:(

At least they have barrista coffee :coffee:(y)

Hang on!

I swear I just saw @SpeedyPC strapped to a bed clutching a tabac shave stick being wheeled off for a week of electrotherapy. Doctors have said they need to keep him awake for the P&C 2021 Charity Auction.:D

Last edited:
T6J4PoT.jpg
ZBSMQC7.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: BillyGoat Brushworks G6 26mm two band (1)
Soap/Cream: Sterling Ramblin’ Man
Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo Light (Aggr. plate)
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Armaf Club de Nuit
Maiden voyage of the BillyGoat, so I delved into the top shelf for some worthy tools. As I expected, it seems very similar to the Oumo 26mm SHD LotusTips I have. Plenty of backbone, easily whipped up a beautiful creamy lather, and very pleasant on the face. As you can see, it bloomed nicely and I expect it will only get better. The Apollo reminded why it is the big dog around here, a shave so close and smooth that the alum was superfluous. A very enjoyable and most excellent shave. If only I could use a camera!

I swear I just saw @SpeedyPC strapped to a bed clutching a tabac shave stick being wheeled off for a week of electrotherapy. Doctors have said they need to keep him awake for the P&C 2021 Charity Auction.:D

giphy.gif

I’m still alive, turn up the voltage, need MOAR electric shock throughout my whole body.

Nice looking handle. I like the way the burl has been embedded in the resin
ZBSMQC7.jpg

Brush: BillyGoat Brushworks G6 26mm two band (1)
Maiden voyage of the BillyGoat, so I delved into the top shelf for some worthy tools. As I expected, it seems very similar to the Oumo 26mm SHD LotusTips I have. Plenty of backbone, easily whipped up a beautiful creamy lather, and very pleasant on the face. As you can see, it bloomed nicely and I expect it will only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.