Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD

Hawk SE OC + Timeless 95 handle
Chinese no name blade
troycraft 26mm 2-band badger
A&E
Brut 33

got an amazing lather with the A&E and the razor felt awesome with the Solid SS handle of the timeless. Went back to the chinese no name and yes its def the smoothest blade but not the sharpest.. traditional 3 passes + extra ATG on cheeks got an excellent result but note as close as ydays.

51726383389_d1d2034b35_b.jpg

ZkBYG57.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Vintage NOS Creed Epicea
Razor: Gillette Slim Aristocrat (6, 4, 4)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Old Spice Herbal Cologne Lotion

A terrific shave with a '60s vibe.

IMG-20211205-224506-2.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Brushes Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk
Post: Milman HQ Spring Rider A/S Serum // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

M8XaHf8l.jpg

Sorry, just woken up half an hour ago and the strong dark blue’ish colour in the background from the tub and bottle, really showed up in the picture. I just don’t know how you do it with your fantastic photo skills.
It's just a matter of increasing saturation. Problem here is the colors are actually a little different. The tub label is lighter and a slightly different hue than the label on the aftershave bottle. Which is probably more that you wanted to know. What's really funny is you're just waking up and I'm just getting ready for bed. :giggle:

Y SOTD

RR Hawk OC + Rocca R94 handle
Feather Pro Super
TroyCraft Boss Hog
Oumo G5 factory set knot thanks to @Wilkshire13
Tabac
Old Spice Original

initial thoughts on the G5 was very impressive, knot feels amazing and handle beautiful in the hand and to look at so had high hopes. Can build a lather but i need to press quite hard to splay and a very fake feel to it. I think its due to the depth of the knot and diameter its set in have a lot to do with it, not really sure if i go down a synthetic path when badgers and boars are so good.

3rd shave with the hawk and decided on the feather pro super.. in all honesty it was on of the worst feeling shaves i have had. Felt like actual scraping but kept with the first pass as it was a safe WTG, felt like i was scraping my face, tugging and rough feeling but very efficient and where i expected instant razor burn there was none so played on with a XTG and one ATG.

3rd pass i decided to lather with the boar which is still way early into the break in, hairs still straw like but def getting softer tipped.. face was still ok enough to take the boar

passes didnt get much better and i had thought i had done some damage but still none, just ever so slightly a warning that I came very close. To sum it up, nothing but tearing and pulling, no damage and one of the closest results i have every had..

51725732236_001434d8b4_b.jpg
Nice looking brush mate! (y)

03 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

06 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pandemonium ebook 9 of 9
13023324.jpg

Focusing on smoothness and low irritation where DFS are good enough
Taking a page from @Mark1966 Cutover Day albeit a bit late (lesson learnt).
Stronger soap sets have been stored for the wet season to avoid temptation and subsequent effect

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured

J5ZGzvj.jpg

Focusing on smoothness and low irritation where DFS are good enough
Taking a page from @Mark1966 Cutover Day albeit a bit late (lesson learnt).
Stronger soap sets have been stored for the wet season to avoid temptation and subsequent effect

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured

J5ZGzvj.jpg
Good looking shave right there 👍.

IMG-20211206-192729-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Purple & Gold 28mm Boar
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (7)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk
Post: Milman HQ Spring Rider A/S Serum // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Such an effortless pre-work shave...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Same same, and another great shave! That Blutt from @neongas. One thing seeing a razor in @Errol's reviews, another seeing it in SOTD pics. There is something about it, not sure if I like it or not, but it certainly has 'something'!

M8XaHf8l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.