Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot shower
DR Harris shave stick
Gillette Sensor
Brush - oh bugger ....

Yep. Left the travel brush still drying at home by mistake.

Fingers for the lather - nothing @alfredus would want photos of!
giphy.gif

I cannot believe with the dopp bag thread you still forgot something.

Never done it before, hope to never do it again!

I blame COVID and my lack of 'match practice' when it comes to travelling :)

0ALfPqr.jpg

• Razor: DScosmetic Z0 with Sceptre handle
  • Blade: Astra SP
  • Brush: Oumo 26mm Motherlode
  • Soap: Caties Bubbles - Summer Solstice
So, I don't think I can do a full review on this razor, I'll just give my thoughts on the shave itself. I don't own a Muhle R41, but from what I've read, the DSC version is a clone of the pre 2013 version - the super aggressive version. And super aggressive this is. The razor clamps the blade on very flat. When I shaved with my regular angle, I was greeted with the blade scraping the skin sounding like tearing cardboard. YEOW! This razor really forces you to ride the cap while shaving and then adjusting the angle of the razor to increase the aggressiveness as needed. When it comes to blade feel, it is ALL blade feel, the scalloped safety bar/comb thing might as well not even be there. The actual blade exposure doesn't look as bad as the Alpha Outlaw, so I didn't think it looked all that scary, but after shaving with it, it's as intimidating AF. I very very gingerly shaved a light 2 pass with buffing and was rewarded with a very efficient shave with no cuts or weepers. I wonder how it will feel paired with a sharp blade like a Feather? I don't know if I'm game enough to find out, though.

Pre-shave: Ach.Brito Glyce Classic
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: Palmira
Razor: RazoRock Lupo with Darwin style SS handle
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (5)
Post-shave: Alum block, PAA Porthos Star Jelly, Adidas Ice Dive
Other: Pinaud Clubman Greaseless hair tonic
y4m_DZXtY0lqOJo1EWv-4BNQb7oa12AFSgM9QLatgn8695SzBnV5z99vl9coJWiEVaDYXxtCYM903cmg0CyEYW-fqwATFaNrGtwumgl6ClAhLAeN91r_cD2-Eky8VF1KLKIoRT3sRTXXZxQca22aiuRUheaNo90_jBlX1-a9TRWSf-7PD51DXf9Pzuhhitgazb2
+1 for Palmira = Poorman's Cella :LOL:

...but from what I've read, the DSC version is a clone of the pre 2013 version - the super aggressive version. And super aggressive this is...
Yow! I wonder why they chose to clone the early version that Mühle basically had to change because it was giving them a bad name. (And kudos to Mühle BTW for actually taking criticism on board, as they also did with the latter Rocca.) The fearsome reputation of the later R41 is IMO a bit overstated, to the point where that razor made an easy daily driver for me. I don't think I could have done that with V1.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Fendrihein - 24mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light
Razor: Merker - Razorock - Lupo 95 SS
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (15)
Post-shave: PAA - Briar AS / Murphy & McNeil - St James AS balm

2 pass WTG = DFS+ Daily shave. An awesome buttery smooth shave. The blade felt so smooth and efficient, much nicer than yesterday's Merker Futur. Cannot wait to try the Gillette Stainless blades in this razor. The UFO handle is very comfortable and easy to grip.

The Soap, Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light. Scent strength medium off the puck, and whilst lathered. Scent notes, Leather, tobacco, amber, chestnut, almond, chai, cognac, walnut, vanilla.

This is a lovely warm nutty scent. In the base notes, the cognac, leather and tobacco give the scent depth, while the amber and vanilla add a smoothing and lasting sweetness. The combined top and middle notes of chestnut, almond, walnut, and chai add a lovely sweet nutty scent. Very well blended and one of the cleanest warm scents I have smelt from DG in a while. For those that want to feel warm and secure on the coldest nights, this is a soap that is more than capable of doing the job.

Two thumbs up winter scent for me (y)(y)

The Soap, Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light. Scent strength medium off the puck, and whilst lathered. Scent notes, Leather, tobacco, amber, chestnut, almond, chai, cognac, walnut, vanilla.

This is a lovely warm nutty scent. In the base notes, the cognac, leather and tobacco give the scent depth, while the amber and vanilla add a smoothing and lasting sweetness. The combined top and middle notes of chestnut, almond, walnut, and chai add a lovely sweet nutty scent. Very well blended and one of the cleanest warm scents I have smelt from DG in a while. For those that want to feel warm and secure on the coldest nights, this is a soap that is more than capable of doing the job.

Two thumbs up winter scent for me (y)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.