Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
VX9taP7l.jpg

Soap: Pb Green Parrot
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Bengall
AS: Pb Green Parrot
Another mud shower last night which eventually flushed through so I actually got to wash off, and this is a $135/night motel (what happens when you've got a captive market), and as a prelude the water went off entirely for 30mins.
cii726Um.jpg

Was never going to get clean showering in that and yes @Mark1966 , there is not even a plug available so I could complain about it leaking.:LOL:

On the way home now and staying at the chirping cricket motel which is unsealed somewhere so if you don't have the lights off you end up sharing the room with 100 crickets. So yes I am looking forward to going home and no I'm not travelling next week.:banghead:
Good shave this morning though.(y):)

Think of it as “clay” rather than “mud”. What you are getting is essentially a 5 star skin treatment straight from the tap.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- TF Custom Mallee Burl & Resin Hybrid
Soap:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Razor:- 66' Slim L1 @5
Blade:- Wizamet (4)
Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

Cpf1wDq.jpg

I want that soap, but need time to build up the courage to spend that much

I was fortunate to get a full tub recently from @Rabid Badger at a fair discount. I was hesitant to pull the trigger due to the price as well; all I can say is that even if I had paid full retail I wouldn’t have regretted it. Simply an amazing soap

Late-night shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red Tub
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Y71Ku6v.jpg

• Razor: DScosmetic Z0 with Sceptre handle
  • Blade: Astra SP
  • Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band badger
  • Soap: Spearhead - Seaforth! Spiced
Laser focused concentration needed to shave with this thing, as opposed to mindless scraping with the 34C or KCG. Essentially did a 1 1/2 pass with buffing, and the parts that I did manage to shave properly (still working on the best angle for the chin and under chin area), left it very smooth. Like a BBS with half the work, but double the sweat. I do admit it has a ton of character! But maybe too much character for a daily driver. I may just use it if I need to mow down a week's growth in one go.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm blackwolf
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Unum
Razor: Merker - Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (16)
Post-shave: Floid - Black / Nivea Men - Active Age moisturiser

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Another awesome buttery smooth shave.

The Soap, Grooming Department - Unum. Scent strength medium off the puck, and medium once lathered. Scent notes, Incense, Labdanum, Frankincense, Myrrh, Vanilla, Honey, Amber, Precious Woods, Cedarwood Absolute, Tonka Bean, and Benzoin.

This soap has a masculine resinous woody oriental type accord. Complex scents like labdanum with its, leathery, peppery, sweet, tobacco scents, drifting over the woods notes, with a hint of exotic resinous spices of frankincense, myrrh. Could not smell the benzoin specifically although its probably disguised in one of the resins or vanilla scent. There is the complex scent of Amber which I could not detect again most likely disguised by other scents. A little honey, vanilla and incense are also present which add this light smooth sweet overtone to the other scents and are present on the scent dry down. Tonka bean is also present although very light so no real powderiness.

Overall a nice complex resinous woody oriental, which I feel would benefit from matching splash. (y)

IMG-20210218-225640.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 24mm Silvertip
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Wizamet S.I (9)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion // The Stray Whisker After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Have a great end to the week... :)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B+M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: B+M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

So nice to be able to make a lather with a brush rather than my fingers - but at least the water was, well, water ...

eX96A9tl.jpg

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B+M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: B+M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

So nice to be able to make a lather with a brush rather than my fingers - but at least the water was, well, water ...

eX96A9tl.jpg
I can see him now cheap paintbrush in hand building up a lather and thinking hey this hillbilly shaving isn’t half bad.

Charcoal Goods, Level 2, Closed Comb, Skull Cap + Astra
P&C limited Matilda, two band silvertip
MDC Fougere

This was one of those shaves that you don't want to end. Enough lather for at least 4 passes, but stopped after two as the kids were at each other's throats (for a change). The brush is so damn soft. If you don't have a @Srdjan knot, you should really consider getting one. As for the soap. MdC is just a really solid performer. Doesn't have the residual slickness of some of the top bases, but just solid all round.​

zXIjCuBm.jpg

Soap: Pb Pimento Silk
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Game Changer .84P
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
AS: Pb Green Parrot

Water composition? Missed this vital factor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.