Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNlQxsK.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Ultra Platinum (made in Holland) (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, WARS Aftershave Lotion
Scent: WARS EdC

SOTD – Mon 18 Dec 2023

Had a tough weekend with fridges breaking down and also sad & stressful family news but I did enjoy this shave.

SOTD-20231218-setup.png

Shave Report: Awesome overall performance from the Shannon's soap, a top Tier performer for me. From the lather I get a very pleasant warm sophisticated aroma of citrus, lavender & woody aroma, a well blended juice,scent strength is about 5/10. The Legend AC razor with the Captain Titan Mild blade provided me with a mild, smooth, yet efficient shave.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Boti “Blue-Ice” with APShave 24/52 Synthetic Horse
  • Soap: Shannon's Soaps - Iberia (Special Edition, Chupacabra Base)
  • Bowl: Yaqi Blue Ceramic “Duke”
  • Razor: Dscosmetic Legend AC
  • Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild AC (3)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • After Shave: Blue Stratos AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion
It sounds like you've had a few rather crummy days. It would certainly suck for anyone's fridge to break down in this heat so I hope that gets fixed soon. All the best to you and your family.
Sometimes a good shave helps. It's one of the great things about wet shaving outside of carts because we have turned this novel chore into a fun and relaxing experience and it seems like you had quite a good one.
I have a Shannon's soap set somewhere that I need to try. It's their basic soap base recipe from what I recall but I hear it is quite good nonetheless. I might have to use that one next time.
I hope your next shave is just as good if not better.

SNlQxsK.jpg

How do you find the scent on WARS?

SNlQxsK.jpg

WARS?
Is it a Polish product?
How do you find them?

Home again, Home again, Hippity-hip.

PXL-20231220-030703126-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ethiopia Guji from The Naked Bean

Finally back from 6 weeks dragging a caravan across the country and back, to find my one Charity Auction score (the CF soap) waiting for me. I really didn't know what to expect with that, different people use sandalwood in different ways. This one is very light and fragrant, almost (but not quite) floral, and of course the base is unquestionably superb. I like it a lot. Just as well.

It's a real relief to return to pure mountain rainwater for my shaving. Most of it has been heavily chlorinated on my travels, and I've definitely been feeling the results.

It sounds like you've had a few rather crummy days. It would certainly suck for anyone's fridge to break down in this heat so I hope that gets fixed soon. All the best to you and your family.
Sometimes a good shave helps. It's one of the great things about wet shaving outside of carts because we have turned this novel chore into a fun and relaxing experience and it seems like you had quite a good one.
I have a Shannon's soap set somewhere that I need to try. It's their basic soap base recipe from what I recall but I hear it is quite good nonetheless. I might have to use that one next time.
I hope your next shave is just as good if not better.
Thank you for your kind words. I had to actually replace both the Fridge (15 years old) and Freezer (8 years old), they were both at their life expectancy so not worth repairing. Even the Shannons basic base is good, so you should definitely give yours a go. Having a nice relaxing shave always makes me feel a bit better.

Saved from the wheelie bin!

This is my ERN "Master" that had been used and abused over the years. I enjoy using this razor probably because I've spent so much time saving it from a fate worse than death. It's a full hollow just on the minus side of 13/16". It most likely began life as a 7/8". In addition to a lot of hone wear, one of its previous owners attempted to make it "SHAVE READY" by using a bench grinder. It took quite a bit of time and effort to set the bevel and then run it through a progression of stones. This morning I was duly rewarded with a two-pass + touchup BBS. Oh what a feeling!
EM1.jpg

EM2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.