Shave of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shave of the day has degenerated to using whatever blade I haven't changed in three days that I have left in the Progress, using whatever cream or soap the housekeeper hasn't "placed" somewhere thinking she was cleaning up the bathroom (despite strict instructions to not touch my Caveman stuff!).
All whilst swirling a badger brush of some sort over my face and then I use either Jermyn or Eton AS.

Also CBF taking pictures, I own a razor big deal. Google Image it.

Clearly no more pics wanted in this forum!

Oh well. I'll try and keep this one going inspite of the responses from a few depressed shavers. They need moderator intervention....oh, wait....

Second shave with Kai in Black Handled Super

Vulfix boar brush.
Can't recall the brush number but a boar boar brush is a boar brush is a boar brush. If it's a Semoque, it's a boar brush pretending to be a badger brush pretending to be a boar brush and generally not succeeding either way. Sorry Semoque owners, I've just spent the last two brush rebuilds stripping Semoque handles to turn them in to real brushes.

My Melange a Troi shaving soap.
Consisting of left over bits of MWF, Speick and Tabac shaving sticks grated, mixed and mushed in to a bowl.

The usual alum block, tea tree antiseptic cream followed by moisturiser after shave treatment.

Okay just to be clear:

I have no dramas with anyone posting pics of their razor/soap/shoe collection.

I like looking at your stuff mark as it is always inspiring to see razors I might never see.

All I am saying is I know myself well; I know I will not take pics and post them. I did it over on OCAU when I first got my kit but that's about it.

I am not a depressed shaver at all - the Valium and Xanax and Zoloft all prevent me from being a depressed shaver and THEY DO NOT AFFECT MY MOOD SWINGS at all.

Where am I?

Who are you people?

Is it time for The Sullivans yet?

Is that a squirrel?

Oh sorry, what were we talking about?

Ah yes. Well I actually didn't shave at all today. All those options and he doesn't use even one, they are just pretty super-models, sitting on a shelf, having pictures taken occasionally....

Was racking my brain as to what razor a TM is but of course I then realised that Mr Thomas is now his own method maniac.

Anyhow tomorrow's shave:

Speick stick

My first brush restore, a Peerless with a TGN finest. A bit of a Frankenbrush really. Not the prettiest efforts, but a really soft two band badger. No backbone to speak of, just pure softness.

The old Black Beauty again with a Timor blade. Will be back to SE after this stint.

I shave in the evening, as I am not a morning person, sleep in and don't have enough time for anything except a coffee in the morning.
So 1 hr ago, gillette NEW, Israeli SP+ blade, MWF soap, Semogue SOC brush (it's what you need with MWF, hard soap, and contrary to other's opinions the semogue SOC, is still firm and perfect for the job). Followed up with a royall bay rhum after shave.

Was going to go the simpson brush and cella, as they goes well with royall bay rhum, but swapped out at the last minute as I have heaps of MWF to get through, and the SOC is the right brush to use for that.

I like MWF. It's not as good as it's hyped up to be but definitely a soap worth having. Love the scent.

Was racking my brain as to what razor a TM is but of course I then realised that Mr Thomas is now his own method maniac.

The old Black Beauty again with a Timor blade. Will be back to SE after this stint.

Sorry for completeness I should have added - Featherweight SE and Gillette Slim with 7 o'clock blade.

With your return to the SE fold, you can also join the vast throngs (well at least me) using the TM shaving (or not as you so choose). :)

Sorry for completeness I should have added - Featherweight SE and Gillette Slim with 7 o'clock blade.

With your return to the SE fold, you can also join the vast throngs (well at least me) using the TM shaving (or not as you so choose). :)

That shouldn't be too hard as I've always got a DE (the old ABC or the Souplex) on the go for trimming purposes anyhow. How are you off for SE blades?

SOTD?

Fatboy with a Personna Blue Labs blade on a base of Edwin Jagger Premium Shaving Cream (Sea Buckthorn) lightly swirled by a Simpson Chubby 1 and finished off with a dash of Penhaligon's Opus 1870 aftershave balm.

Nice, very nice!

That shouldn't be too hard as I've always got a DE (the old ABC or the Souplex) on the go for trimming purposes anyhow. How are you off for SE blades?

Going to bung an order in on payday. Find even with single pass I am getting 3 good shaves and one a little rugged. So ok for now thanks.

Been a while since I've been on here. I've got a stack of Gillette 7 o'clock green (Russian) that I'm making my way through. Mr Taylors whipped up by an EJ Super Badger brush. My weapon of choice: Merkur HD slant.

Hello again moabBoy.

Todays effort:

MFW stick. I like sticks. Easy to knock up and store.

Little travel brush. My third restore. This one with a TGN best. Beginning to like TGN best. it's not the best to start with but has softened up nicely.

Black Beauty with Timor. Will probably leave it at that 'cause I'm missing my SEs.

Alum block and some tea tree antiseptic and used a wee bit of aftershave that drubbing gave me. Forgot the name but is a lot nicer than the clove extract he gave me last time. Smelled like a walking bowl of mulled wine.

Alum block and some tea tree antiseptic and used a wee bit of aftershave that drubbing gave me. Forgot the name but is a lot nicer than the clove extract he gave me last time. Smelled like a walking bowl of mulled wine.

Can't remember what the last one was. Clearly not a hit.

That's Pinaud Clubman. The finest watered down cologne you can get for $8/500ml. Makes Brut feel like a designer fragrance.

I threw a Personna around some Cella, applied with...The Blobbie Two.

Yes, a new bespoke Blobmeister. I can hear you quivering in antici...

...pation.

Status
Not open for further replies.