Shaving Tales Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco Noir

Gone but not forgotten...
In Memoriam
Following on from the fun of the "Hoar" brush pass around and competition, @Draco Noir and @alfredus are pleased to announce their next bit of fun and diversion - a short story writing competition.

Firstly, the incentive. The winner of this competition will receive an Ikon Standard DLC Razor mounted on a Maggard bamboo style Stainless handle, in as-new condition :

Ikon-2_zpsj7jfmcsx.png

Ikon-1_zps2gforz4a.png

You can find more info on the razor here : http://ikonrazors.com/shop/ikon-razors/b1-standard-razor/

The Competition is simple : to write the best original shaving related story in less than 1000 words".

The Rules :

* Maximum 1000 words, but can be as short as you like
* Any literary genre of your choice - Comedy, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Gothic Horror, Historical, Pseudo-Documentary
* Plagiarism will result in disqualification
* More than one entry per member is permitted, in fact encouraged
* Only P&C members may compete
* Closing date for submissions will be 30th September 2015
* Judges are @Monsta_AU, @alfredus and @Draco Noir
* Stories will be judged on entertainment value, originality and quality of writing

So sharpen your crayons and start writing guys! Good luck to all of you from @Draco Noir, @alfredus and @Monsta_AU...

Wow! What a prize! Sounds like an interesting competition. Plenty of fun. Now I need the creative juices to flow...

Calling @eggbert - You just need to write your shower to bum in front of the MinL autobiography... [emoji13]

Sensational idea!!! Can I just clarify whether the word limit includes footnotes and headings? What citation style is accepted? Am I too focussed on my studies ?

Ermmm yes :eek:

OK then - sorry. (y)

My (first) entry.

A shaving tale.

Veni,
Vidi,
Decalvavi

I came,
I saw,
I shaved

Last edited:
And here is my first effort -

Wanker ! :)
Oh come on @gthomas04 - just because you never had the pleasure of learning some beautiful Latin...

Having said that, I believe decalvare not to be correct word. It means more to tear off hair (as in desperate Roman politicians)

I would maybe say?
veni, vidi, rado

Last edited:
Oh come on @gthomas04 - just because you never had the pleasure of learning some beautiful Latin...

Having said that, I believe decalvare not to be correct word. It means more to tear off hair (as in desperate Roman politicians)

I would maybe say?
veni, vidi, rado

Hmmm, Google translate may have led me astray - decalvari is the result translating English to Latin and rado does not translate back in the phrase BUT it does individually.

I will defer, however, to your clearly superior expertise.

(am I maked down for this error?)

Hmmm, Google translate may have led me astray - decalvari is the result translating English to Latin and rado does not translate back in the phrase BUT it does individually.

I will defer, however, to your clearly superior expertise.

(am I maked down for this error?)

I must admit it has been a very long while since I had latin back in school...

Anyway definitely not marked down from me :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.