Should I buy 100 voskhods?

thisISjoel

Hey bros, been wet shaving for a few months, maybe 6 months, I forget. Anyway, haven't made a 100 blade purchase yet as I've been working through samples and such. So far my favourite blade is the personna red Israeli blades. Sharp and smooth. I've heard good things about voskhods, and they're so cheap that it's not even worth buying a sampler.

I guess I'm after some feedback on the blades, especially from fans of the red personnas. Cheers!

I have found both Voshkods and Permasharp Supers sharper and smoother than Personna Reds. Then again I think the Personna Blues are a better blade too, as are the Feather and the....

...sorry mate just don't think the IP Reds are that much chop really....though this shaving gig is a YMMV festival

... been wet shaving for a few months, maybe 6 months, I forget. Anyway, haven't made a 100 blade purchase yet a...

Can I suggest that this is NOT an admission you make publicly around here?

It might also be better if you talk in lots of 1k when it comes to blade purchases too ;)

Cheers for the offers boys, will defs hit you up. I have tried personna red and blue, feather, Gillette 7 o'clock black and yellow, bic, dorco and Gillette silver blue. My favourites so far are the personna reds. I liked the bics for a while, but I've gone off them.

Cheers for the offers boys, will defs hit you up. I have tried personna red and blue, feather, Gillette 7 o'clock black and yellow, bic, dorco and Gillette silver blue. My favourites so far are the personna reds. I liked the bics for a while, but I've gone off them.
Wow mate your mileage certainly does vary....you like the IP Reds better than the Blues and the Black Ninjas (Gillette 7 o'clock black) and GSBs. Wow...
Judging by this you might want to try some Merkurs and Derbys...

Last edited:
Wow mate your mileage certainly does vary....you like the IPO Reds better than the Blues and the Black Ninjas (Gillette 7 o'clock black) and GSBs. Wow...
Judging by this you might want to try some Merkurs and Derbys...

Mate, tell me about it! The silver blues are possibly my least favourite blade that I've tried and people love them! The yellows and blacks I didn't hate, but I just keep going back to the personna reds.

They are a good blade. The Rapira Super Stainless (in the blue/pink/black wrapper) are sharp and smooth. Excellent value for the money!

You will get hopefully some soon through the generosity of the Melbourne group and @Lifes a Peach - then you can skip the here is my first 100 blade buy and just buy 1000 of them - saves even more money ;)

I have plenty of blades, if there's something you want to try then we can probably work it out, and if you like them, buy bulk direct from me. I am trying to reduce the masses of blade brands I have and bring it back to the Vintage, plus GBEs, Silver Blues, PermaSharp Supers etc.

Most of the Mostochlegmash blades which include Rapira, Ladas, Sputniks, plenty of the Lord variants (Sharks etc).... a number of low quality Indian blades.... just ask.

And you aren't far away, so you can indeed pick up.

I have plenty of blades, if there's something you want to try then we can probably work it out, and if you like them, buy bulk direct from me. I am trying to reduce the masses of blade brands I have and bring it back to the Vintage, plus GBEs, Silver Blues, PermaSharp Supers etc.

Most of the Mostochlegmash blades which include Rapira, Ladas, Sputniks, plenty of the Lord variants (Sharks etc).... a number of low quality Indian blades.... just ask.

And you aren't far away, so you can indeed pick up.

Awesome, thanks :) I'll hit you up.

Massive, massive, massive thanks to @Lifes a Peach for the tuck of voskhods (and the bonus red personnas!), just had my first shave and it was really good!

I threw the voskhod in my parker 97r (which is, imo, a criminally underrated razor) which has been my go to of late. Went with the shaver heaven barber shop, face lathered with the whipped dog 24mm synthetic. Beautiful lather, smooth blade, efficient yet fairly mild razor. 4 pass shave, smooth, and irritation freefree. Finished with a splash of imperial leather.

Lovely.