Simpson Special S1 Pure: mini review

I've heard that Simpson have stopped discounting of their brushes but this place offers free shipping - so seems a little cheaper than most.

Of course, I would offer free shipping on a Somerset Chubby 3 reknotted in Super ...

Hmm, interesting link. Might grab myself a Commodore X1. Looks like a good brush for us face latherers. Good price and Singapore based so it should arrive reasonably quickly.

Last edited:
I've purchased blades from him before. He is a B&B member as well. Blade prices are usually pretty keen and might be worth checking out too - sorry, forgot we are all using vintage blades now!

How does the Special compare to the Tweezerman? Is there much difference between the softness and scritch of the knots?

How does the Special compare to the Tweezerman? Is there much difference between the softness and scritch of the knots?

The special is softer and slightly less dense compared to the Tweezerman. Although they are about the same size, there is a pretty big difference when you actually use them.