Review Soap Commander 'Passion'

It has been suggested that I may started with too much water and not enough product when lathering the SC. This being based on experience that most coconut/stearic acid soaps need far less water than their animal fat counterparts - especially at the beginning.

So I will be giving the SC another run in the morning to see if I can get a better lather out of this baby starting with a dryer brush.

Got to love the way we can always learn more around here!
Thanks for the tip. Lately I have been loading a lot of my vegan soaps with a very wet brush, I haven't been able to get thick moist lather from them and have been neglected them a little bit in favour of the animal fat soaps. I'll give them a go tonight with a dryer brush and less water at the beginning.

A fantastic review mark, your delineation of the various components we look for in a cream or soap really made for an informative review.

I find the artwork terrible myself, as I commented in the SOTD thread it strikes me as a US Marine, Special Op's kind of vibe which when it comes to my morning shave, is not something befitting of my bathroom..I like my morning ritual to be classic, timeless and to contain objects and designs that I find pleasing, relaxing and of a time.

IMHO: The Soap Commander artwork imparts a time constrained, linear prescriptive notion of 'SOLDIER YOU WILL SHAVE, WE ARE OPERATIONAL IN 3 MINUTES COWBOY' or something similar, it all seems too pressured for my liking as I am one to take my time with care, consideration and enjoyment of the shave experience. The label lines are too immediate and the names do not evoke or describe the scent. Just my personal opinions mind you that in no way should effect what is a highly popular, mid priced soap. It's just something I can't get in to and I will be quiet now and let others enjoy their SOAP COMMANDER.

If I ever obtain some & I might some time, I will be forced to decant it to a more 'relaxed' container :p

A fantastic review mark, your delineation of the various components we look for in a cream or soap really made for an informative review.

I find the artwork terrible myself, as I commented in the SOTD thread it strikes me as a US Marine, Special Op's kind of vibe which when it comes to my morning shave, is not something befitting of my bathroom..I like my morning ritual to be classic, timeless and to contain objects and designs that I find pleasing, relaxing and of a time.

IMHO: The Soap Commander artwork imparts a time constrained, linear prescriptive notion of 'SOLDIER YOU WILL SHAVE, WE ARE OPERATIONAL IN 3 MINUTES COWBOY' or something similar, it all seems too pressured for my liking as I am one to take my time with care, consideration and enjoyment of the shave experience. The label lines are too immediate and the names do not evoke or describe the scent. Just my personal opinions mind you that in no way should effect what is a highly popular, mid priced soap. It's just something I can't get in to and I will be quiet now and let others enjoy their SOAP COMMANDER.

If I ever obtain some & I might some time, I will be forced to decant it to a more 'relaxed' container :p
Thank you sir!

I've taken the advice on board and lathered with an almost dry brush initially to get virtually a paste on the knot before adding water. Much better outcome as you can see here - Lather Shots

Updated thoughts:

Latherability
It certainly doesn't burst forth like some of the other soaps I've been using recently. You need to work to get it going a little starting with a dry brush. My question is then - Why? With alternatives not requiring so much effort for better results would you bother with this soap?

Shave Performance
I would still describe it as having reasonable slickness and glide and a level of protection - slightly better than previously. It certainly didn't lack 'body' this time but was still not as slick or have as much glide and protection as others seem to.

Post shave feel

My face feels OK post shave, but not with the nourishing feeling that others seem to have left.

Conclusion
Remains unchanged - This is a good soap, but not a great soap IMHO. If all I had for the rest of my life was SC soaps it would not be the end of the world, but I would prefer to have others. It goes onto my 'second tier' category.