Supply Provisions Single Edge Pass Around with PIF

As much as I enjoyed the razor I was talking about the brush LOL

tumblr_nnsmurrVV71s5naw0o1_400.gif

Great things are moving on again (y)

Noice indeed. I had to get it when I saw it listed. I had to!
I will never forget that first tentative visit to the Shaver Shop when wet shaving was but a glint in my eye. I wanted to taste this new world...oh there's authentic Italian Proraso, and oh very posh English Taylors on Bond Street. WOW! Got my soap, got my Edwin Jagger razor....but it was the brush that was the big buy. I looked at the Pure, at the Best, at the Super...and shining brightly on the top shelf was the Edwin Jagger silvertip. I want that one!....but at $200 it was a bridge too far and so I went the next step down with the Super. That was many years ago now, and I never forget the light that surrounded that silvertip.
...and now here we are.
...a shame it's considered so average compared to the likes of shavemac, Thater, Saville Row, etc.
Funny how the light changes depending where you are standing each time.

...but I digress. An hour or so to shave time folks!Not much in the way of whiskerage to be whisked away though. Did a great job of it yesterday did the Supply Provisions Razor

9f191870c3304cdc117c4e9fa2285998.jpg

...shave's end

well shave #2 with the Supply Provision's Injector razor. Kept the Two Dot plate in, as it seemed to do the trick yesterday, so I was keen to determine whether it was a conspiracy of pure luck, or just the halo of the 'first shave of the week'; where the skin is unirritated and generally more pliant for abuse. However the next day is normally telling. That's when you feel Monday's mistakes, and the accumulative effect of a blade begins to show. So let's see...

BTW: I shave everyday for work and so a good razor - think a Solingen straight honed well on a coticule - to earn this definition, needs to keep my skin happy and trouble-free by Friday.

Nice thick lather whipped up by the Semogue SOC off the DR Harris Arlington (new arrival thanks to @PSmith) - so the razor had zero excuses. None, Nil, Zilch, Zippo.

...and it didn't need it! Another great shave. Smooth, nick, irritation-free and about 85% BBS. Main BBS oversight happened under the chin. Tough hair there that darts off in so many directions, and so it takes a light and deft hand and a super sharp and smooth blade to make off to the glide. Again a well-honed Solingen will do it most days. I did not want to give into the temptation of adding any pressure to the razor. Instead I remain content that under the chin is trouble-free and stubble-free in 3 directions. Tomorrow I'll screw-in the Three Dot plate (as I assume that's the most aggressive) and see how that takes to the area. Again so far no blood or any redness of any kind.

So day two, where I am starting to feel a JNat honed edge or the GEM travel every millimetre across the face, and here I am all peace, love and mung beans with the Supply Provisions. Ever so surprised!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have olfactory imprints [or implants] from the late 60's - early 70's. All those beautiful Indian hippie musk aromas. Now I wouldn't mind those "smells" in a shaving soap.
You tried @Anthony 's Teller or Reef Point's Dragon's Blood? Both are pretty evocative of that time.

aa37dac5e6d5b6b40fe4ec8806bba58b.jpg

shave #3

as I mentioned yesterday I am aiming for 100% BBS, so this morning I locked in the Three Dot plate. Supply Provisions says this one is "Aggressive" - the other plates being "Classic" and "Pussycat".

I want to be sure to compare apples with apples so kept the same lather - this time Fine in the Green Vetiver flavour. Can I make abundantly clear that I am not a fan of vetiver...at all!!!!! But this stuff is not what I think of as charred dandelions and damp earth. It's more airy and light. I like it, I like it a lot!...and like all Fine soaps provides an extraordinary lather - see @borked I told you I'd like it. Not sure who makes this soap - as Fine is Merican and the soap is made in the Netherlands. But, again, don't hesitate - just buy, buy, buy, buy...one each of the four flavours you can get onshore. And then join me in sourcing the others from OS.

Oh yeah the razor.

So Three Dots loaded and face thick with Fine and away we go.

Maybe easier to cut to the chase and tell you just how close I came to complete BBS. Well a little closer. But what an awful road to that destination. Popped about half a dozen times. We've all entered the debate between "aggressive" and "efficient", well Supply Provisions has the name of this plate down pat - it is simply "Aggressive". It bites and it scratches. Now you're reading this from the pen of a man that loves his R41. I also love my GEM. I'm not afraid of aggression. I'm not afraid of feedback, however loud it may be. But what I object to is sadism from a razor. This is like a pimply fat white guy tuning the ladies left at 2am...not smooth at all!

Odd that there is such a difference between the Two and Three Dots - as in the hand they look identical, barring the extra (or missing) dot. But on the face they are worlds apart. So never again Three Dot. Not afraid of you, but no respect either!

Tomorrow morning I'm screwing in the Pussy One Dot, and hopefully reshelving the stypic!

Another great review. I only used the 3 dots and maybe wish I'd tried the others now?

Another great review. I only used the 3 dots and maybe wish I'd tried the others now?
Two Dots have been very capable. The Three Dots just downright nasty

fd7984fa357c3c00c80f4363171c7f08.jpg

shave #4

so just to recap.
Two Dot plate - bloody ripper!
Three Dot plate - Jack the Ripper!

So today was One Dot plate.

I think Supply Provisions calls it "Sensitive". Well, fitting then as my face is still quite sensitive after yesterday's shave.

I'm giving this razor the benefit of the tried-and-tested. Not trying anything new that might skew the results. Having said that, this was only the second outing with this synth. Folks bang on about synths working well with any soap or cream. Well cream's no challenge so I thought I'd throw a soap at it. I wanted to try it with a hard soap. I surveyed the cabinet and couldn't decide which hard soap to use. Each had something going for it. But then my eyes settled on the glint of the white gloss porcelain. Ah ha yes of course don't choose a hard soap, choose the hard soap. Seriously there is not much finer than The Fat. If someone tells you otherwise they're trying to sell you something. Anyway the Shave Revolution synthetic whipped up a superlative lather. Even granted a little more control in thinning out the lather - as I prefer for a straight shave. Then I remembered this were no straight shave, so the knot revisited the puck. Thickened up and off we go.

Look not much to add about the razor this shave I'm afraid.

Was it better than yesterday's shave with the Three Dot?
Hell yes! But then I think shaving with a sliver of freshly chipped obsidian would be smoother.

Was it better than the first two days with the Two Dot?
Well it was just as smooth. Didn't get a single pop, not a single drop of blood this morning. Zero irritation - which is to be applauded after such a minced shave the day previous....usually hard not to feel echoes of an awful shave the next day. So full credit to the One Dot for smoothness. But closeness? Nahhhh, didn't get close enough for me. Yeah be got BBs on the cheeks, but that's no real challenge. Under the chin and neck is where men are tested? Well I'd not call it a fail - it did better than many DEs. But it wasn't in the same continent as the GEM, the R41, a nice straight or even the Two Dot.