The finished products sticky

IMG-20211204-152021.jpg

Not a big fan of the scent but a good soap base.

No matter how old, how pungent, how rancid, @Razor Burn is your man.:LOL:

Everyone with unwanted soaps, please donate to
@Razor Burn. He is the soap finishing whisperer.:p

Arko excluded, please do not send!

For heavans sake, don't mention the word SABBATICAL! :D
Sabbaticals are great for clearing the soap collection. I've managed to kill 8 tubs this year so far, including 2 tubs of Stirling (I just did a count in this thread) and I should be able to knock off the rest of my current tub of Mystic Water in the next week or two...

Sabbaticals are great for clearing the soap collection. I've managed to kill 8 tubs this year so far, including 2 tubs of Stirling (I just did a count in this thread) and I should be able to knock off the rest of my current tub of Mystic Water in the next week or two...
giphy.gif

You need MOAR whoopee soap’s in your den, just make sure it’s smell lavender.

How many?………… One tub :smuggrin:
The list so far, in no particular order...

Ethos Lavender
Fine Lavender Pour Homme (just to see how it compares with O&C)
Mike's Natural Lavender
TOBS Lavender (old stock tallow, wooden bowl)
DRH Lavender
WK Lavender Superieure
and a very old stock Yardley English Lavender I've arranged with a certain member here, unless he decides that's a really silly idea and decides, perfectly reasonably, to keep it for himself :p

The list so far, in no particular order...

Ethos Lavender
Fine Lavender Pour Homme (just to see how it compares with O&C)
Mike's Natural Lavender
TOBS Lavender (old stock tallow, wooden bowl)
DRH Lavender
WK Lavender Superieure
and a very old stock Yardley English Lavender I've arranged with a certain member here, unless he decides that's a really silly idea and decides, perfectly reasonably, to keep it for himself :p

Whispers from the woods - Lavende?

I need some tips off him, I’m not allowed to buy more till I’ve used what ive got, Accounts frozen
Yeah I have way too many soaps already and have spent 2021 working through the scents that didn't really appeal to me. No plans to add
Exactly why I started the Sabbatical as a great way to make room for fresh supplies and appreciate neglected products.

IMG-20211223-113259.jpg

...and another one bites the dust. It's pretty safe to say I'm not likely to finish any more products before the end of the year, so this brings the year's soap mortality count to 11. The good news with MW (other than that Michelle is a very nice lady) is that her soap is sold as refills, so 1½ pucks has filled my backup tub up to the very top.

My puck of Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes just bit the dust before Christmas. The thin doughnut that was left fell apart today and was getting really hard to load anyway, being an old, triple milled soap. To the point that, when I was in a hurry, I was having to use my stick of ARKO! instead. That ARKO! stuff is great BTW (has anyone else noticed that? :)) but so was this puck. Having said that, while I may well re-supply with ARKO!, I won't be resupplying this C&E soap - while it had great longevity and I understand people liking the scent, it never really impressed me enough overall to warrant re-stocking.

After all, a box of ARKO! sticks is so handy to hide some sticks around and deodorise the shed, garage, kids bathroom, laundry etc etc while you wait for the aroma to mellow sufficiently to actually shave with. At which point, it's truly great soap, if a little drying (although nothing that a good AS / balm doesn't fix anyway)...

But I still have quite a few pucks and sticks of other stuff to finish before I have to go down the path of re-supplying! Onward...