The finished products sticky

Which is why I now only scoop soap out of the tub with a little spoon.
I can't see how regular addition of water to the tub and elevating the water content of the soap is conducive to a long shelf life.

You could try gently warming the tub by sitting it in hot water until the soap melts and thoroughly stirring back into a consistent solution. It worked on one of my soaps that was nearing it's end.

I've been doing that as well for a while now as I've noticed my Chisled Face soaps aren't liking being left damp in the tub. I use a Kiwi fruit spoon to scrape a couple of grams out to place in my bowl as needed.

I'll try warming it up and giving it a stir as I haven't brought myself to throwing it out just yet. The scent isn't right so if warming it up doesn't blend it in and restore the scent then it's going in the bin.

Tb3kLiRl.jpg

Not so much as finished, more like done for.

I don't know what happened to this one. I haven't used it for several months as I like to only use it in the warmer months. It's gone very soft and very gritty. I have a feeling that it might have been a little too wet when I last put it away. It's a shame as I really love this soap and scent.

frOZnLHl.jpg
These days I pretty much only use hard puck soaps coz they are easier on my skin. I always store the soaps on the shelf with the lid off so they air dry. Don't know if this would help with softer type soaps 🤔

A stick of De Vergulde Hand (The Gilded Hand) soap, PIF'ed some time ago courtesy of the inimitable @TomG. It excelled in no particular thing but yielded a fast and comfortable shave regardless. Not bad for what appears to be a "drug store" option in the Netherlands at least. Typical scent for that type of thing. Lathers up a storm in no time with my 30mm Yaqi synthetic but never really achieved decent slickness without breaking down from too much water.
I would take Arko over this, once I'd aired out the Arko for awhile - it's actually not a bad air freshener for the shed!

A stick of De Vergulde Hand (The Gilded Hand) soap, PIF'ed some time ago courtesy of the inimitable @TomG. It excelled in no particular thing but yielded a fast and comfortable shave regardless. Not bad for what appears to be a "drug store" option in the Netherlands at least. Typical scent for that type of thing. Lathers up a storm in no time with my 30mm Yaqi synthetic but never really achieved decent slickness without breaking down from too much water.
I would take Arko over this, once I'd aired out the Arko for awhile - it's actually not a bad air freshener for the shed!
A good summary of the soap - agree 👍.

Cheshire is one of my favourite scents.
This was my first B&M soap, and I was impressed. But I would have liked it a whole lot better without the patchouli, which (to borrow a useful quote from a complete creep) I loathe at a cellular level. B&M claiming it was their take on Earl Grey tea was a bit foolish. No way did patchouli ever make it into Earl Grey. By comparison, there is a product called Royal Earl Grey from MacDuff's Soap Company (I had a sample from @Ebonysw45 a while back) that does come across like the real thing.

This was my first B&M soap, and I was impressed. But I would have liked it a whole lot better without the patchouli, which (to borrow a useful quote from a complete creep) I loathe at a cellular level. B&M claiming it was their take on Earl Grey tea was a bit foolish. No way did patchouli ever make it into Earl Grey. By comparison, there is a product called Royal Earl Grey from MacDuff's Soap Company (I had a sample from @Ebonysw45 a while back) that does come across like the real thing.
I have to agree. I used Cheshire this morning with the BM Dickens Splash. Its a great soap with a lovely smell (A great Christmas combo) but it is not Earl Grey. MacDuff is the real deal and with great performance.

Normally I get pretty excited to finally finish a product. Less so today I have to admit, there will definitely be no more Fougere Bourbon Rose

knjae0ol.jpg

I'm choosing, rather than feeling grief and sadness, to be grateful for the amazing experience that APR was.

Last edited: