Tightarse Tuesday, 12 April

Lifes a Peach

...or a mango. But definitely a fruit.
2016 Sabbatical
Charity Auction Team
Dust the cobwebs off your cheapest items and prepare for Tightarse Tuesday. Remember - we got into this caper to save money.

Post your SOTD with a dollar cost against each item and tally up to a final total.

For example

Soap: Proraso Green ($15)
Brush: Omega 10067 ($18)
Razor: Merkur 34HD ($60)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (15c)
Post-shave: Fine American Blend ($20)

Total = $113.15

Rules are simple.

1. No samples, disposables, PIF'd, traded or homemade items. All items must have been purchased from a store or a BST forum.
2. A standard shave kit must be used. Brush, soap/cream, razor, blade, and aftershave.
3. Honesty system rules however our judges decision is final.
4. Least cost SOTD (shipping cost excluded) will be chosen the winner and declared The Paste & Cut King Tightarse for 2016.

It's going to be a disaster for me, but can't wait to see everyone's setup (y)

I'm not going to as it would be a shit shave but these were all purchased in Mustafa's Singapore:
$2.60 Shogun 3 piece
$5 Omega boar brush
$1.75 Godrej cream
$0.065 Supermax blade
$4.50 skin bracer AS
For a total of SGD$13.915
which back then (rate was SGD$1.25- $1AUD) = $11.132

Gillette plastic flip top razor (complete with 2 blades) INR 40
Godrej Round Shaving Soap INR 28
Brush? Who needs a brush?
Old Spice Lime INR 110

All bought in India (with haggling because the sellers wanted to haggle) and even though we were haggling over 1-2¢... And when it came time to pay, neither of us had small enough change to effect the transaction at the finally agreed price for the soap so it ended up being 30 INR

Total INR 180

Which back then was about £2 - so let's call it $4.50 to be on the safe side of not overegging it.

What a shit shave those plastic DEs give.

I think I will be mid air - or possibly in the lounge at DXB - does the complimentary shave kit there count?

I think I will be mid air - or possibly in the lounge at DXB - does the complimentary shave kit there count?
Do they give you a non disposable razor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gillette plastic flip top razor (complete with 2 blades) INR 40
Godrej Round Shaving Soap INR 28
Brush? Who needs a brush?
Old Spice Lime INR 110

All bought in India (with haggling because the sellers wanted to haggle) and even though we were haggling over 1-2¢... And when it came time to pay, neither of us had small enough change to effect the transaction at the finally agreed price for the soap so it ended up being 30 INR

Total INR 180

Which back then was about £2 - so let's call it $4.50 to be on the safe side of not overegging it.

What a shit shave those plastic DEs give.

Save your shaves for Tuesday

$4.50

Your on!

If they know what a shaving brush is here

I needed about a weeks notice to really make this sing! I have the perfect razor/brush/soap combo in mind but I don't own the razor as yet!

Do they give you a non disposable razor?

I wish - but no, not even in the Emirates First Class Lounge (a perk of flying often BTW - not travelling First Class!)

Got everything ready for tomorrow - this is going to be a disaster :D

Good luck every one - can't wait to see your tightarse setup!

SOTD Tight Arse Tuesday
Monarch # Piece Razor Cost $0.00
Macca Root Shave Cream Cost $0.00
Somogue 1250 Cost $18.00 Shaver heaven Store
No 908 Homme Mondial Balm Cost $0.00
Gillette Rubi Plus Blade $0.30
Total Shave cost $18.30
eAXjDQu.jpg

SOTD Tight Arse Tuesday
Monarch # Piece Razor Cost $0.00
Macca Root Shave Cream Cost $0.00
Somogue 1250 Cost $18.00 Shaver heaven Store
No 908 Homme Mondial Balm Cost $0.00
Gillette Rubi Plus Blade $0.30
Total Shave cost $18.30
eAXjDQu.jpg

Razor and Cream... $0???

Rule#1: No samples, disposables, PIF'd, traded or homemade items. All items must have been purchased from a store or a BST forum

Razor and Cream... $0???

Rule#1: No samples, disposables, PIF'd, traded or homemade items. All items must have been purchased from a store or a BST forum
Monarch - Petrol $5.00
Macca - Petrol $3.00
Semogue - Petrol $3.00
Mondial - Petrol + eTag + Parking $19.00
Gillette Rubi - Postage $Free
Does that count :)

I'm not going to as it would be a shit shave but these were all purchased in Mustafa's Singapore:
$2.60 Shogun 3 piece
$5 Omega boar brush
$1.75 Godrej cream
$0.065 Supermax blade
$4.50 skin bracer AS
For a total of SGD$13.915
which back then (rate was SGD$1.25- $1AUD) = $11.132
Just thinking about this. Those blades were so poor that I should add the full $6.50 cost (100 blades) as I'm never going to use the buggers again.

20160412_SOTDSSepia_zps3nfaix7t.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: British Rocket HD
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Omega 49
Lather: Weleda Cream
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

OK, here we go: this one cost me some sleepless nights, as I was unsure what razor to use. @khun_diddy said to use only something from my rotations - the cheapest one would have been my RazoRock Stealth Slant and IMO a bit of a slap in the face.

I had this Rocket HD lying around for some time now, and wanted to PIF it to somebody who wants to start out. I am sure this will happen one day, but in the meantime I am very grateful at @Lifes a Peach for making me try it out! Ugly razor, so unbalanced and the handle is WAY too small - but a wonderful smooth shave!

I didn't use my current Witch Hazel to keep the costs low - the things I do through for this forum :D

Razor: part of a lot ~ 10AU$
Brush: 10AU$
Cream - 4 EUR in a store in Germany - back then it was ~6AU$
Blade: not sure but ~8cents
Alum: I think this is still my first rock - getting to the end, but the whole thing was 5-7AU$
Olive Oil: I get 0.75l of it for 9AU$ - and I use 2 drops - so 0.2 ml ~0.0025AU$ - but for the purpose of this let's see 1 cent

So around 32.09 AU$ in total