Tightarse Tuesday, 12 April

TXEd998.jpg

Total cost - $50.98

Razor: Gillette Long Comb -$5
Blade: Personna Med Prep - $0.22
Brush: Semogue 610 - $20.11
Soap: ARKO - $6
Aftershave: Fine American Blend - $19.65

:( My hopes were high with the LC and ARKO but not even close. The brush and aftershave killed my chances.
$5 for the LC stands as a very proud moment but I'm not even in the same league as some of you tightarses.
$6 for ARKO (eBay UK seller) is a lot of money but that was the cheapest I could find at the time. $12 locally or 50 cents if I lived in Turkey.

Can I add something here - ARKO lather is fabulous stuff.

It is with much sadness that I discover that Shaver Heaven is apparently out of Arko sticks... now I am going to have to pay proper money for them!

TXEd998.jpg

Total cost - $50.98

Razor: Gillette Long Comb -$5
Blade: Personna Med Prep - $0.22
Brush: Semogue 610 - $20.11
Soap: ARKO - $6
Aftershave: Fine American Blend - $19.65

:( My hopes were high with the LC and ARKO but not even close. The brush and aftershave killed my chances.
$5 for the LC stands as a very proud moment but I'm not even in the same league as some of you tightarses.
$6 for ARKO (eBay UK seller) is a lot of money but that was the cheapest I could find at the time. $12 locally or 50 cents if I lived in Turkey.

Can I add something here - ARKO lather is fabulous stuff.

You make it extraordinary hard for me to like this post my friend ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't dare to say the A word my friend :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW: you should have saved on the AS as well - would have almost halved the price tag...

Thanks again for the great theme @Lifes a Peach !!!

Sword: Wing For Men Original Style No. s2 / Feather (included)
Suds: Fauldings Shave
Salve: La Espanola Olive Oil

The razor - not a disposable by the way - is scary bad with a blade reveal that makes the Fatip look like precision engineering. It still gave me a better shave than a cart does though. I won't be revisiting it for a very long time. It cost 60 baht or $2.23.

The cream is one of my favourites at any price. I applied it with my fingers as per the instructions on the box. I reckon I got it on special but let's just go with the usual price of $2.50, shall we?

Finished off with a magnificent droplet of budget, bulk-buy olive oil. Using @alfredus' actuarial method, I come up with a figure of $0.0005, rounded up to a cent.

GRAND TOTAL: $4.74.

A8slh8m.jpg

flAmdKxl.jpg

Brush: Vintage Vulfix "The Strand" Pure Bristle - $6.00 at a local vintage market
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist - $5.00 at a local vintage market
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless - $0.9c
Soap: Aussie Palmolive Stick - $0.50 on clearance at my local Coles
A/S: Dickinsons Witch Hazel - $5.99 at Coles
Total cost - $17.58

All in all not a bad shave at all.

Sword: Wing For Men Original Style No. s2 / Feather (included)
Suds: Fauldings Shave
Salve: La Espanola Olive Oil

The razor - not a disposable by the way - is scary bad with a blade reveal that makes the Fatip look like precision engineering. It still gave me a better shave than a cart does though. I won't be revisiting it for a very long time. It cost 60 baht or $2.23.

The cream is one of my favourites at any price. I applied it with my fingers as per the instructions on the box. I reckon I got it on special but let's just go with the usual price of $2.50, shall we?

Finished off with a magnificent droplet of budget, bulk-buy olive oil. Using @alfredus' actuarial method, I come up with a figure of $0.0005, rounded up to a cent.

GRAND TOTAL: $4.74.

A8slh8m.jpg
You sure that isn't toothpaste re-labelled as shave cream?! [emoji848]

The 2016 tightarse award goes to @Nightguard . Others came in cheaper but were not in the spirit of the rules. Congratulations Nightguard.

GVPxjeC.jpg
Nice work!!

Proof you CAN save money wet shaving!!!
Next theme... most expensive shave???? Not that I would come close with that one. Id guess it would fall to @Mark1966 and one of his unobtainable razors. It would however prove the real tight arses. Only a true tight arse would be low in the "most expensive" comp.

The 2016 tightarse award goes to @Nightguard . Others came in cheaper but were not in the spirit of the rules. Congratulations Nightguard.

GVPxjeC.jpg
Thanks fellas. It was nice to use that brush before I rip out the old knot and replace it with something decent. The Slim Twist has earned itself a permanent place in my den along with the Aussie Palmolive and the Witch Hazel can go back to Mrs Nightguards drawer where it belongs.

Nice work!!

Proof you CAN save money wet shaving!!!
Next theme... most expensive shave???? Not that I would come close with that one. Id guess it would fall to @Mark1966 and one of his unobtainable razors. It would however prove the real tight arses. Only a true tight arse would be low in the "most expensive" comp.
See, I don't think @Mark1966 would win. Remember he is an accountant so I'm guessing he has contacts in Mossack Fonseca helping him reduce his tax burden, and reportable (to the wife) prices paid.

That said, he may have spent the most in total on shaving equipment, but there are a few others around here that have very deep pockets when the right item comes along.

My problem is that I have short arms along with those deep pockets so can't actually reach the cash.

See, I don't think @Mark1966 would win. Remember he is an accountant so I'm guessing he has contacts in Mossack Fonseca helping him reduce his tax burden, and reportable (to the wife) prices paid.

That said, he may have spent the most in total on shaving equipment, but there are a few others around here that have very deep pockets when the right item comes along.

My problem is that I have short arms along with those deep pockets so can't actually reach the cash.

This is true. Just because some of his more mint items are worth a lot, doesn't mean they cost him a lot. It would only take one poorly purchased (price high!) toggle, or bottom dial or something from anyone member to tip the scales.