Today's whats this random blade

glenos

.. is a GRANDPA now!
2018 Sabbatical
2015 Sabbatical
Here is another blade I know nothing about which I have found on ebay. The are in a bulk pack of 200 blades not in the usual 5 or 10 blade retail packet.

Wilkinson sword made in England blades but no other details are in the listing.
$_1.JPG

Seller will post worldwide fromt he UK.

I'm drooling. Just buy it. I will take them from you if you don't like them.

no reply yet on the postage quote. Royal mail says $10ish for surface and $30 for airmail

@Pjotr the quote came back at £9 for airmail and £14.50 for international tracking.

So, close to $70 to make @Monsta_AU drool.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up by the way @glenos . They're going like hot cakes. Only two left. Must be a load of other droolers out there.

Last edited:
Aside from having the power to make Monsta drool which Wilkinson Swords are they?

I they make me drool then you just buy them....

For the record, they are as close top Light Brigades as you will get without them being Light Brigades. They are an absolute bargain and if I had the cash there would be NONE left.

Buy them now my friends, you want to be on this train.

I they make me drool then you just buy them....

For the record, they are as close top Light Brigades as you will get without them being Light Brigades. They are an absolute bargain and if I had the cash there would be NONE left.

Buy them now my friends, you want to be on this train.

Bought a box. Looks like it's a bit of a scope then!! Got them for $63 or just over 30c/blade landed. Price wise that's almost Shark territory. Don't worry. Post a picture of your puddle of drool and I'll send you some. Oh what the heck, I'll send you some anyhow. You did put me, and a few others here, on the path of vintage blades.

@glenos: If you haven't bought any, that goes for you too as a thanks for the heads up. No need for puddles in your case.

What, where, bargain?? help!

Wow, I even out ebayed the ebay Emperor (well glenos did if the truth be known). There are still two boxes left. Postage to WA is $9 or $14.50 (signature) so it won't be that much difference to Canberra. Here's the BIN:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221376347132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

@Mark1966 Or we can do a cunning plan if you don't want that many! I remember you raving about a Wilkinson you were using a while back and apparently they don't come much better than these.

Last edited:
I snagged a box too, if I hadn't just got onto 310 schicks I might've gone a second box.

Still 5 boxes available she must have some more than the original listing.

The postage is 9 and 14.5 quid not $. Comes out to 34 pounds delivered, or as @Pjotr said about AU$65 (mine were $65.50 via paypal) for 200 blades and a puddle of @Monsta_AU drool.

Last edited:
I snagged a box too, if I hadn't just got onto 310 schicks I might've gone a second box.....

Yeah but then you and I too, only have a monsta drool puddle to attest how good they are.
I thought you'd somehow managed to pull the wool over your wife's eyes with your 300 Schicks! Pushing it aren't you?

......Still 5 boxes available she must have some more than the original listing.

The postage is 9 and 14.5 quid not $. Comes out to 34 pounds delivered, or as @Pjotr said about AU$63 for 200 blades and a puddle of @Monsta_AU drool.

Don't know what's going on there. A while ago she had 5 sold and 2 available and now it's reversed. Either a few have fallen through (don't know how that works with a BIN sale) or she's adding more boxes as it goes along. Yeah, forgot it was in pounds.

Last edited:
I thought you'd somehow managed to pull the wool over your wife's eyes with your 300 Schicks! Pushing it aren't you?
She was actively encouraging me to bid, I left it to the last few minutes to bid and she was watching telling me to hurry up or I'll miss out. Hmm, maybe I should be worried about what she is up to.

She was actively encouraging me to bid, I left it to the last few minutes to bid and she was watching telling me to hurry up or I'll miss out. Hmm, maybe I should be worried about what she is up to.

It's bit of overkill on her behalf. One blade used in the right spot will do the trick! And yeah, she will outlive you then.

Good grief - we have become a bunch of blade nerds!