Today's whats this random blade

We are only trying in our sad little way to follow in the footsteps of the greatest one of all our noble leader. Anyway whats one more nerdishness to he who is a razor nerd a watch nerd a tank nerd and more nerds than I can think of. :)

Good grief - we have become a bunch of blade nerds!

I'm not buying them! That would be really nerdy. I have absolutely nothing more to buy in the blade department or in the soap/brush/razor department for that matter. That makes me shed a little nerdy tear to be honest.

My dastardly plan is coming to fruition!

Tell me about it!

Are those BP blades considered the standard that all others are measured against ?
Has anyone here used them ?

I think they're considered the best of the Wilkinsons and up there with the best vintage blades. From what I've read it's the Personna 74 that's the holy grail. Haven't used either.

WHAT!

I missed out - how did that happen.

I'm clearly slipping, my honour has been shamed ....

Yeah 35c/blade landed for what are, from what I can gather, blades that rival and possibly exceed Schicks. And you used an English Wilkinson recently that you raved on about!!!! These don't come along very often and certainly not at that price. How on earth you hope to acquire your Quadruple Gold Plated Double Ring & NEW President and/or Cavelier Set is beyond me. I'll be happy to pass on some tips for successfully using ebay.

Please do...

Please do...

To Mark? You must be kidding. When people see his ebay moniker appear on the list of bidders they quake with fear. I just couldn't help but have an outrageous gloat. It was probably an oversight 'cause he's no doubt got half a dozen bids in on other things. I'm the most useless ebayer ever. Can't find stuff, am always using the wrong search words and end up having to go through 50 pages of crap until I find what I'm really after, tried sniping and didn't tweak that the site I'd joined (for free) wasn't operating anymore or had some serious bad reviews. Luckily I'm not a collector or particularly use collectable shaving gear. I only ended up with this box of blades because it was a BIN. Which in retrospect and judging by the Monsta drool was an oversight on her behalf. With a bit of patience and offering one at a time for auction with a starting price of 25 quid, she could have got a lot more for those.

Last edited:
[speechless]

I just discovered that the box of Wilkinsons I managed to get was one of fifteen. The first lot (8 of them) sold in three days and the second lot sold in four. They were snapped up pretty quickly.