Top Performing Soaps

Occams original is an over achiever. Every time I lather up with it I'm surprised again at the rich creamy results that are slick and dense. It's scent grows on you and is mild enough to be used any season, and won't overpower and post shave. All this man is left to do is extend his range of fragrances with the same great base and we have out very own home grown top tier artisan. Lowering the price a little may extend his market too, but I accept this is a smaller market than others so costs are higher.

Mentally I hadn't associated the Occam's as being a hard soap so it didn't come to mind. I certainly liked the stuff well enough and hope to remember that much when it is eventually time to order more software.

.........I feel like I lose a little bit of perspective with soaps and lathering because I'm blessed to be in Melbourne and have extremely soft water. I can only assume from feedback elsewhere that this can make a huge difference with some soaps.

The whole hard water lathering thing has always baffled me. I've never noticed a difference with hard/soft water with any soap I've had including MWF.

I find my face/whiskers are much more abrasive than my brush (might differ for Omega users? ) Might help with loading enough product consistently?.........

As usual, you've nailed it on the head there SYD.

Synergy is probably the best performer in my den, every time I use it I can't believe how good it really is. I've started putting hot water on the puck and leaving it for a minute prior to use (as per makers instructions). 10 seconds of puck lather and it gives me the thickest richest lather I have seen thus far, the brush can't even hold all the product it's so thick. Cella closely behind and a cream being TOBS JS taking 3rd.

Synergy is probably the best performer in my den, every time I use it I can't believe how good it really is. I've started putting hot water on the puck and leaving it for a minute prior to use (as per makers instructions). 10 seconds of puck lather and it gives me the thickest richest lather I have seen thus far, the brush can't even hold all the product it's so thick. Cella closely behind and a cream being TOBS JS taking 3rd.
Synergy soap does like to be soaked/have water on top. It really generates a good lather as a result. I find the same with a lot of hard soaps (eg Arlington, MWF, etc). If I put a splash of warm water on top of the puck while I soak my natural hair brush, it helps with generating good amounts of lather.

Mike's Natural and then there's daylight to everything else I've tried (not including the CRSW that I've not properly tried yet).

Mike's is very thirsty and takes several uses to get the right lathering technique BUT it's slickness and how good it leaves your skin feeling after is streets ahead of anything else I've personally tried.

I know Filo asked which one lathers well each time - and dunno if he literally meant that or as a figure of speech but I've found what lathers easiest/best is quite often in no way indicative of the quality of shave it'll provide. Easy example IMHO is Arko, has got to be close to the easiest lathering soap around but the best overall shaving soap (lets assume the scent isn't factored in)? I suspect even diehard Arko-Jihadi's would say it's a long way off such a lofty title.

Occams original is an over achiever. Every time I lather up with it I'm surprised again at the rich creamy results that are slick and dense.
I love Occams and agree fully with you that it's a terrific over achiever.
But I'd rate it a cream more than a soap or croap. [emoji6]

I know Filo asked which one lathers well each time - and dunno if he literally meant that or as a figure of speech but I've found what lathers easiest/best is quite often in no way indicative of the quality of shave it'll provide. Easy example IMHO is Arko, has got to be close to the easiest lathering soap around but the best overall shaving soap (lets assume the scent isn't factored in)? I suspect even diehard Arko-Jihadi's would say it's a long way off such a lofty title.
Lather may not be fully indicative of a good shave (as there are other factors), but it should be fairly indicative of a quality shave. I don't mean easiest, just reliable lather each time.

IMHO the lather needs to provide cushion as much as glide. Even Col Conk has a reasonable amount of glide due to its glycerine content! But for me, it's the cushion that protects the skin (from scraping & weepers) that is quite important and is also lacking in a lot of soaps.

Between the trio of glide/slickness, cushion and post-shave moisturising, I find that a lot of soaps have one or two in varying degrees, but not usually all three of the highest degree.

Haha! Nice.
The little red tub or the 1kg block?! [emoji41]
Don't you have P160 - and you rate Cella higher?!

You have to go the 1kg brick and share with a friend - the only way to buy it.

To be honest I think that P.160 is marginally better BUT it is not available regularly and while I have an almost full TOBS container of Morbido and Duro I'd rate Cella as a better starter as you can keep getting it.

BTW - agree with all the others mentioned here too.

You have to go the 1kg brick and share with a friend - the only way to buy it..
@filobiblic , you know Connaught have a very good special on Cella bricks at the moment? :whistle: Just sayin'....... 15 quid! Thats a lot of bubbles for your buck, postage is the tiny killer BUT they're very reasonable all things considered. You should be able to find other SYD based users to splitsy with.

My secret goal is for you to tie 50% of your net worth up in Shaving related paraphernalia.

@filobiblic , you know Connaught have a very good special on Cella bricks at the moment? :whistle: Just sayin'....... 15 quid! Thats a lot of bubbles for your buck, postage is the tiny killer BUT they're very reasonable all things considered. You should be able to find other SYD based users to splitsy with.
Ahhh, but I've already got a small red tub of the (second rate) Cella. It'll do me just fine thanks!

And don't forget @Question is trying to give his Cella away for the cost of postage - what a deal!!!!

I suspect it has no takers due to the fact you can buy it new at Menzbiz posted for $11
Plus postage...
I know it's easy enough to add the Cella after you go close to $20 (and then get the free postage).
But $8.25 for a half pot of Cella is a reasonable deal. And he actually says you can pick it up so it's basically a PIF or close to it (my understanding).
I know some love Cella (hello @Mark1966) but others detest the almond scent... So this is a much better option if you only wanted to try it out.

Edit: Amended the postage costs to reflect actual posting

Pay It Forward

Or give away something (esp to newbies) in the hope they will do the same at a later date.