Which is your favourite GEM or Schick razor?

I have to confess it isn't my idea but I have used it as a practise for awhile and it is very effective. :) Following that logic we should go FW through to MMOC by the finish of the blade life. I'm getting a MMOC next week so I will let you know my experience and whether it is as vicious as people say. I have a 1924 which people say is almost as agressive but I find it a really nice shave - and I'm a wimp !! :)

Steve

Yeah, I didn't get on with either of those. Both were too aggressive for me. The 1924 has an amazing sound. That front hinge mechanism produces a real sound box effect. I tried the MMOC once and gave it to @Mark1966 in the hope of producing another SE shaver. Secondary to that I'd hoped he would start seriously collecting SE razors. Gave him an NOS Contour push button in it's original packaging too! You can't say I haven't tried to convert people.

Injectors are SE razors?

The blades have got one single edge, hence they fit into an SE razor. The only real differences are that the blades are spineless and you have to inject them rather than snap them shut in the razor. They're also about half the width with the same length. One day I'll give one a try. Not sure what the blade availability is with those. Not in a hurry. Got enough gear as it is.

I used my 1924 this morning and you really do need to make certain your concentration levels are high. The sound is amazing but it isn't a dangerously aggressive razor. I'm sure the MMOC will be fine on the cheeks but will need a new level of courage for the chin and under the nose. We will see when it gets here. :) There are 2 versions of the 1924 - one has a rounded comb and the other more aggressive version has flat toothed comb and is much more blade exposure. Mine is the flat comb version.

@Pjotr Connaught.com is an excellent supplier of the injector blades. About 10 days shipping from England.

Steve

@Pjotr - I got a pack of injector blades as bycatch somewhere along the line. If you find a razor I'll happily send them over.

........... :) There are 2 versions of the 1924 - one has a rounded comb and the other more aggressive version has flat toothed comb and is much more blade exposure. Mine is the flat comb version.......

I did not know that. Not sure which version I tried.

...........@Pjotr Connaught.com is an excellent supplier of the injector blades. About 10 days shipping from England......

Good old Connaughts.

Listen to you all chatter about SE razors and blades! Happy times hey?! [emoji14]

Another Krona lovers :D

So far I'm loving the MMBT. I've also tried the Featherweight but it was just too mild for my liking.

I'm upset it took me until my 35th year to try these babies.

Sorry to drag this back but are these strictly SEs or injectors...(or are they synonymous)?

Basically the injectors are the Schick razors and that system of a single "injectable blade" has been used - the same blade - since about the early 1930's The GEM razors use the spined blades that look like, but definately are not, your hardware store paint scraper blade. Both are called SE or single edge razors. The blades are almost twice as thick as a DE blade, much stiffer and consequently hold an edge longer. There are many other SE razors still available but getting a regular blade supply is problematic. Some of them can be adapted to take either the GEM or injector blade.

Steve

Hey put me down as an SE shaver as well! I have a whole heap!
Injectors, GEM's, Valet, Mongoose and Rolls Razor (dont know if that would qualify).
When I do use a DE, I sometimes forget I can just flip it and end up using just one side! lol... I enjoy my SE, and in some instances think they shave better than my DE!

I recently aquired a Schick Adjustable (Type M) and managed to break it the first day I got it :-( Unfortunately I've bent the "Spring" that held it all in place, so its of no use now!

I recently aquired a Schick Adjustable (Type M) and managed to break it the first day I got it :-( Unfortunately I've bent the "Spring" that held it all in place, so its of no use now!
Oh no! What terrible luck on the first go! [emoji53]
You're talking about an adjustable Injector right? Not the elusive Schick Krona DE adjustable...?

Yeah just the normal Injector Adjustable. It "was" in mint condition too, and I got over excited with the injector section and the whole thing fell apart! Someone on STM also did the same thing, I was like "Be careful", next post was the razor in bits like mine, however, they managed to put it back together, unlike myself who mashed it even more.

I have the normal Korona not the adjustable though... that would be a find! ;-)

Yeah just the normal Injector Adjustable. It "was" in mint condition too, and I got over excited with the injector section and the whole thing fell apart! Someone on STM also did the same thing, I was like "Be careful", next post was the razor in bits like mine, however, they managed to put it back together, unlike myself who mashed it even more.

I have the normal Korona not the adjustable though... that would be a find! ;-)
Bummer!

Yeah. Krona is good. Adjustable Krona would be like gold.